Let's balance out the cop thread

Let's balance out the cop thread.

Ask a firefighter anything.

How does it feel to be the purest form of public servant?

no idea what you mean by "pure"

Corruption is a minimum and what you do is just pure heroism

Sup fellow Houston Fag, northwest cypress area reporting.

How come whenever I see firefighters, y'all always come together in packs?

I work at a restraunt and see you fire killing faggots all the time, but never alone.

Also you'll take advantage of you're bullshit ass fire truck to get whatever you need to go quickly, I don't blame you I'd probably do the same thing.

What is your best fight with fire?

I thank you for the compliment, but just like the police, it's a group of folks with the same spectrums of smart-moron, nice-shithead, or altruistic-selfish as every other job.

I've seen heroic things and I hope I've done some too--but I don't think we're special in that regard.

If you are from Houston, did you catch that Iron Maiden concert last week or so? Also I'm a bit of a newfag.

Trucks are minimum staffed with 3, but best staffed with 4. Ambulances with 2.

We like things to go quickly because eating quickly is important if we're concerned about not being able to finish our meal.

One time I clocked it right in the face and knocked it clean the fuck out

just wanted to thank you for the job you do

How do you feel personally about a state of marshal law and the emergency powers of local, state, and federal agencies. Also, is this a common attitude among your peers?

I gotta be honest... I'm something of a metal head, and I had no idea Iron Maiden was in town.

I hate myself now.

Thanks, asshole.

i have to disagree, police attract those who want to use power to lord over others, it's no different from politicians

This please. Thank you.

craziest thing to happen inside the firehall?

I'm sorry man. But it was top notch. Bruce hit the note when it came to Number of the Beast, everyone went hysterical.

I appreciate it, /b, but something like soldiers, being "thanked" for service just feels weird.

The issue is we hear that "TYFYS" a lot from people that vote for pay and benefit cuts and couldn't care less about us.

I have no idea about the marshall law question. I doubt such a thing would go over well with the folks supposed to enforce it.

How often do you get cats down from trees? Always wondered if this is just silly cartoon rumors

Racially pure

How many fires have u started?

Other Houston Fag here

I caught the Metallica show ;^)

I'm an EMT and I can kick your faggot ass.

Ever gotten a blowjob from someone you've saved?

I'm sorry , but it was top notch. Maybe when they do there next tour you can catch them.

Do u guys just spend most of your time just sitting on your asses?

Did you ever rescued a girl and she was so thankfull, she gave you a bj?

When I lived In Boston there was a runner going around that firefighters were using house calls to scope out house to rob.

I had a friend who's fridge caught fire and called the fire department and they broke the lock on his door. The next night before he had a chance to fix the door someone stole like ten grand of camera equipment.

Is there any merit to these rumors?

Ever tried to put out a fire by pissing on it?

Police get an extra bad rap because when one of their bad eggs is bad, they're killing people. I'd support some reform in various areas, but the vast majority of police officers are awesome people who genuinely have the best interest of the folks they serve in mind. Y'all have no idea what they deal with, but I at least get to see a lot of it.

When a crew has been working for a long time together, knows each other, trusts each other... crazy shit happens. I can't say specifics without naming my crew (since we've been punished for some shenanigans), but it's some hilarious shit.

God. Fucking. Dammit.

Houston a good place to live for someone who likes a mix of urban and country? Is a house with a yard affordable? Is the ocean as shit as everyone says it is there?

cops are fags firefighters rule! firefighters actually help protect us!

Have you set any of the fires?

What's the worst hazing shit u have to go through before u r one of 'the boys'

I feel bad for you guys...dealing with not only medical emergencies....but having to respond to calls where some fucking mental idiot that lives alone and that probably should be in a hospital/group home makes you night shit by being mental and calling you every nasty ass name in the book
pic related...a bunch of fucking mental feminists

>slide down the fire pole

>home invasion
>attacked by mugger
>active shooter
>mom getting raped

BETER CALL TEH FIREFIGHTERS DERP

>get blasted by the whole teams hoses.

As a paramedic (not firefighter paramedic, we have a delegated ambulance service in Norway) I work with both firefighters and police every day. KUDOS! Firefighters rock, and so do police, and so do the many men and women of my profession as well!

how old where you when you realized you didnt hate poor people enough to become a cop?

Check your ero privilege bro

Nice

they choose what they deal with for the most part, they have no legal obligation to do their job, they don't have to take calls and they don't have to respond to the calls they do take. i do agree we need a reform, personally i would like to see the following

1. regular physical and mental exams, don't want them to get slovenly or nutty
2. police insurance, similar to how doctors have malpractice insurance
3. body cams, though the cops in my area are actively against it, figured they would want empirical evidence
4. all squad cars should be bright pink with black lettering, if im honest i would give up the other three changes just for this one

Heyo! H-town!! Bayou City!!!!!!!!

I smoke weed everyday. How do people on "the force" toke up. What do u think of slyvester turner? I heard he going for ur pensions LMAO!!

7134yfe

Hey, What were you doing when all those Trump riots happened during the beginning of his Presidency? I guess it was hell?

>implying the cops could do anything about it
niggers can get a lot of crime done in 30 min

I got a dog off the roof of a store once. Fuck cats, they can get themselves down.

Like... arson? none, but that's definitely a thing. Usually academy rejects who want to be the "hero."

In general? Lots. Bonfires and shit rock.

Fuck you too. Love the new album, but it was too expensive to go.

And then plz put a bandaid on it?

No. I've been offered.... but not from anybody a sane person would accept a BJ from.

Still hate you.

No, big city firefighting involves pretty much constant work. Not insulting smaller towns--they're paid to be ready, kinda like an airline pilot. Big city is more constant BS with occasional exciting shit.

See above

Never heard of anything like that. Wouldn't make much sense to draw attention via 911, why not just kick in the door themselves?

Yes but not at work

How did a dog get on a store roof?

You know getting Chris Paul don't mean shit, right? Best in Texas, baby.

have you almost died lol

I have heard that firefighters have like 24 hour shifts then they have like the next 2 days off. Is this true?

1. It's mostly urban, but it still has good BBQ and other Texas quirks.
2. Housing is fucking cheap as shit, especially in the suburbs. We got one story with a huge ass yard for 80k
3. Galveston is getting better. It's not filled with shit like it was in the early 00's late 90s. Still, its an estuary bay, so its not like Palm Beach-- think more swampy and shrimpy.

If you've had one, what's your craziest save while firefighting (Saving a dog in a living room, kid in bedroom, etc.)

How big was the fattest person you've had to deal with on a lift assist?

>Urban and country

Houston more urban then anything, you'll get the feeling of country sometimes, but if you really want urban and country move to Dallas. Dallas feels like a country city that's still modern. Also the oceans blow, seaweed beaches and flesh eating bacteria all exist in Galveston.

Last time I went to Galveston I kid you not the entire beach was filled with niggers.

Yeah, all sorts of housing is within driving distance of the city. Whatever style you want, it's here.

House with yard is affordable if you don't want to live close to downtown, that shit's crazy expensive now (not comparing to NYC or SF)

Ocean is pretty shitty, the gulf flows slow near Texas. Lots of seaweed and shit. A few decent beaches within hours' drive, but doesn't compare to Florida.

I work with cops every day. They're awesome.

Meh, nothing crazy. Rookies get wet a lot, sometimes floured afterward, that's usually the worst of it.

Rock on, user--firefighter-paramedic here.

This guy only knows cops as a caricature drawn for them by idiots.

Hey man, I used to smoke like a MFer before joining HFD. It was fun, but it's not worth risking the job. Turner is I think a pretty OK mayor but seems to fucking hate us for some reason, I have no idea. Probably some backdoor BS that most of us will never know about... but yeah, we just got a pay cut after not receiving a raise (even cost of living) for 6 years.

What like with the Kardashians? I don't know about that shit.

What's it like when you have to save a nigger?

Yeah we worked on that question for a while... best we figure it was from a window of a nearby building.

I'm a Mavs fan, but as long as SOMEBODY beats the damned Warrior I'll be happy.

ya lol

Varies widely. HFD works 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, then either 3 or 5 days off. Our pay is awful, but the schedule rocks.

No crazy saves. Most folks are dead by the time you can find them. I did "save" a dog by finding him, but he just fucking bolted after I reached for him under a bed, made it out of the house and I hope he came back haha

850, no lie. Had to bring both the pumper and ladder crews. At least he was dead.

OK Bobby.... Put away dad's work clothes.

Ever stuck a firehose up your ass?