Anyone else suffer from marijuana addiction? Last year it got so bad I was spending $500-700 a month on weed...

Anyone else suffer from marijuana addiction? Last year it got so bad I was spending $500-700 a month on weed. So I quit for two months and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. I started smoking again 3 months ago and am already up to $300 a month. Is there hope for me? Can I moderately smoke? Am I an addict? Should I quit tonight?

Grow.your. own

Me. I have a serious pot habit. If it was free I'd honestly be high all the time. At least I'm not an alcoholic.

There's no physical addiction related with cannabis. But for people with addictive tendencies you can form a habit which is often hard to break. However a few days off and the habit will be broken and as long as you aren't dumb enough to start again you'll be fine.

TL;DR get some will power and just stop

Ive spent well over £700 a month on weed which is around $900, cause its fucking awesome. But when i can't afford i simply take time off. I'm looking for a new job at the moment therefore i won't smoke until i have one and am settled

yep.. 80 - 100 a week

>marijuana addiction?

OMG this is too fucking stupid to even ridicule.

Douche, if you're that heavy a weed smoker you should be getting wholesale rates.

I did, was buying 7-9ozs a month roughly at £150 each. The fact its illegal in UK makes it harder to get a much better deal.

Ya op I feel you I USTA smoke day day out then I turned 14 and tried other stuff like having sex

Isn't every addiction "physical"? Surely if you're experiencing symptoms when you quit, there is some physical basis for them in the brain somewhere.

i suppose theres a case for this but i say physical addiction with things that, when you break habit will cause you lack of sleep, sweating (cold turkey symptoms basically). Whereas weed does not do this, its just a simple habit formed which yo need to break

FPBP like always

One of the times I was in rehab we had some guy get sent in for marijuana addiction. We all were sat down and told we had to be nice to him and treat him like he's a real addict. Keep in mind, most of us were heroin addicts, alcoholics or benzo addicts.

What was that rehab reality show(celeb rehab?) Eric Roberts was there for pot addiction. He wakes up in the morning, get a cup of coffee, sits back, and reads the papers. The people around him are heroin addicts, shaking and puking their guts out.

It was fucking hilarious.

Studies show that for up to 3 weeks after stopping the consumption of THC, people are more easily agitated / distracted and do not perform as well on tests of memory.

im the same when i break up with a girl, run out of ice cream / chocolate / steak / curry powder (cos then i cnt make curried snags) and coffee, especially coffee. in closing, your point sucks

>What was that rehab reality show(celeb rehab?) Eric Roberts was there for pot addiction. He wakes up in the morning, get a cup of coffee, sits back, and reads the papers. The people around him are heroin addicts, shaking and puking their guts out.
>It was fucking hilarious.

Well he might've been in rehab but the pukers should've been in detox.

just get a better job, i guess. im smoking about 50g a month and have no money problems really. and i dont even earn that much. one of the big things for me was just buying the 50g as a whole, which lowered the price significantly.

kek

I smoke about a gram a day

>I'm the same
And I'm not, so your point sucks.
The strength an addiction is not necessarily marked by its physical effects on the body. Nicotine is notoriously hard to quit and has few. Further, different people are more/less susceptible to varying types of addictions. If someone is struggling with an addiction that you don't struggle with, it doesn't necessarily mean they lack willpower. In fact, by foolhardily insisting they do, you're undermining a very real and difficult struggle.

i agree with this statement.

but i want to add something: missing "willpower" is never the reason someone doesnt quit an addiction. it cant be, since "willpower" is part of what makes someone an addict in the first place, its just pointed in the wrong direction, if you will.

sorry, having trouble finding english words to describe this.

I think the problem is that you're telling yourself that you can't stop.

I only smoke once a weekend, maybe a time per second weekend. Even after a vacation of doing it almost every day. So yes, it's possible.

Let the "crave" for it come, let it be. If you can't remove it then leave it, accept that it's there and face it.