Ok I feel like I'm losing my mind over something really really dumb allow me to explain...

Ok I feel like I'm losing my mind over something really really dumb allow me to explain. Today at work one of my co-workers found an old $20 bill and was a little confused by it. I pointed out the date to him and he was surprised by that he had never noticed the date on any bill. I said yeah they changed it a few years ago and there this weird commercial I guess you saw it he reminded me that he's 20 but now my wife doesnt seems to know what I'm talking about and I can't find it on Google or YouTube. does anyone else remember the $20 bill commercial where the dude exchange his old 20 got a new 20 and the new 20 danced around on his arm showing off its new color change ink? Just fyi I'm 26 so I'm not that old I felt like I'm 70 talking like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yU3i7F_mmU
youtube.com/watch?v=zAApp6BQMPs
snopes.com/2016/07/24/the-mandela-effect/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How's the lsd, boy?

Actually on thc right now but this was like over a hour ago when my coworker found the 20

So... you're asking us if we've seen some fucking stupid old commercial?

That is what I'm asking yes

u are here breh

close...
youtube.com/watch?v=1yU3i7F_mmU

No it was like on tv the dude walked into the bank the female teller hands him the bill and it dances around his arms and head.

tell me more about u know.

You witnessed some conspiracy?

Umm sure conspiracy odd for one but sure everything I remember
He walks in the white bank with blue Windows. Female teller says we have a new 20 he said alright let me see it as he gets the bill it starts doing it's wired flip dance twist cgi effect thing up his arm goes to top of his head then down other arm as this happens a narrator talks about its new features like the color change ink and new design. It then lands in his wallet he walks away and the teller says somthing. I dont remember what she said I'm surprised I even remember that much. For reference I'm talking about the change in 2003

youtube.com/watch?v=zAApp6BQMPs roll

This is evidence of a parallel universe for sure.

Dude wasn't kidding bout that thc I'm blazing some Jupiter/blue berry in a hookah. Right now mind would blow of i started thinking that shit man.

Dejavu?

If you think that's fun, get some $2 bills and watch how many people don't think they're real.

Happens all the time one chick who joined us last year was handed a hole coin and come over to ask me if it was really money. She was 18

Gold not joke dumb phone

Fucking damit gold coin fucking phone

What coins with a hole are legal tender in the US?

Im smashing my head against a wall because of this phone

Not joking, I'm pretty sure I've seen something like that as well.

Yay I'm not alone please tell me more

The hole coin dude

Theres no hole in that. I use dollar coins all the time though since the NYC subway gives them as change.

I dunno man, I remember seeing it like one time when I was much younger. Sorry, bro.

Man well I'm just glad atleast one other person saw it

Sounds like you were a victim of the Mandingleberry effect OP.

snopes.com/2016/07/24/the-mandela-effect/

OP should check that out because I remember a commercial like that too but I can't find it for shit

That's what my wife said use that bear book thing.

Yeah its the mendella effect for sure

Alright two people that remember this it's not just me

I once saw a magazine ad for Photoshop where a woman carrying groceries, walking on water and there was an epic kingdom behind her. And then years later, I saw the poster for What Dreams May Come and I thought that someone saw that magazine ad and totally ripped it off to make that poster. But the thing is, I can't fucking find that magazine ad anywhere. I know what I saw but I can't prove it.

Woah man....i need someone to explain the Mandela effect in a easy way. When I say easy I mean I'm baked right now nd need it to be easy

There are multiple universes

Universes die and/or merge

The most similar ones merge

Not every little thing is the same

People remember the old stuff that doesn't exist anymore

Alright I got it man you should wright book called philosophy for stoners

It's just a collective misremembering of information. Memories are extremely faulty and can actually change very slightly each time we recall them. So lots of people misremember certain things, like the spelling of a name, or a famous movie quote, or something like that, but instead of thinking "oh looks like I got that trivial factoid wrong" they immediately jump to the retarded conclusion that their consciousness somehow jumped into another parallel universe in which the misremembered fact actually DID happen.

Which is stupid for a number of reasons but mostly just because apparently the only things that EVER change between the universes are trivial spellings or dates of events, and literally nothing else. If your consciousness was hopping from reality to reality then eventually you should wind up in a universe with drastic changes from your own, like a green sun or suddenly everyone has an extra set of arms or whatever, but that never happens.

I got like 5 sentences in and lost my train of thought. It's cool that other guy got it. You get points for the detail man

It does happen, it's called taking DMT.

I've seen a pure red moon before does that count?

Maybe my memory is just recalling the movie poster. But I remember reading PC Mag or PC World around 1993 and seeing an ad like that to demonstrate the power of photoshop.
But I've been mistaken before.

I have done that, quite a few times in fact, and never had an experience anywhere near close to that.

Although I did have a few drug trips that were sort of like that, with a feeling of seeing and learning to navigate between different realities of the multiverse. But that was on DXM and nitrous, rather than on psychedelics. And was most likely due to the fact that I had been doing a bunch of reading about multiverse theory right before tripping, DXM can be easily influenced by shit like that because of how suggestible it can make you.

That's not how it works. We exist simultaneously across infinite universes. What we accept as reality is consensus, the most common form or normal across the wider spectrum. Sometimes there are marginal variations through it but it won't be huge, radical things unless those things are impacting the wider arc of realities.
TLDR, consciousness is an imperfect experience of a wider multiverse and we only see a fragment of it and interpret it as reality but not always absolutely the same reality as other people.
STLDR. The universe is more complex that people think because most people are lazy, blunt-minded faggots.

You do realize that there's absolutely NO evidence for multiverse theory, right? It's mathematically sound but that's it. Claiming you "know" that multiverse theory is true is horse shit because it's unprovable and unfalsifiable by it's very nature, same as any religion. Stop trying to sound smart because you watched a few episodes of Through the Wormhole and think you're a fucking physicist because of it.

>people are lazy, blunt-minded faggots because I got high too often and invented some vacuous pseudo-scientific bullshit which I have no evidence for other than it fitting into my half-assed understanding of reality and I'm the only one who "gets" it.

I feel like this has gone like my train of thought in a completely new random direction can't we all just be friends