Movies for an LSD trip

What are some great movies to watch during an LSD trip?

I've watched Samsara, Koyaanisqatsi, Beyond the Black Rainbow, The Wall, Barbarella, and a few other normal ones during the comedown but I'm interested in more visually interesting movies.

Nothing horror or scary, BYBR was just enough for that. I'm a big fan of old sci-fi but any recommendation is great.

kys

Enter The Void

Oh yeah, I did look into this one before and completely forgot about it. Thanks.

ill post some

>the trip film of the '80s

essential trip film

4/?

5/?

Yeah, Koyaanisqatsi is great. I'm still torn over whether it or Samsara is better. I've yet to see Baraka though.

6/?

I did write no horror in the OP, but sure. Maybe someone else will like these.

I'm more looking for feel-good or interesting ones.

dude, watch baraka ASAP, thats one of the first films i watched when i was high and its mindblowing. samsara has beautiful photography, much better than baraka but the narrative is kinda non existent or a rehash of baraka

my personal favorite is koyaanisqatsi
i dont like watching horror movies when im high, but i like watching cheesy or iconic horror films because the style of very new age or psychedelic, B movie-ish
7/?

8/?

>i like watching cheesy or iconic horror films because the style of very new age or psychedelic, B movie-ish
what i meant was i like horror films that are self aware but at the same time can be terrifying because of the influence of psychedelics, which is kind of what im going for i dont really know how to explain it

9/?

HIGHLY recommend this film when you're high so much, its such a relaxing kickass film with good vibes, perfect for a peak or comedown

10/?

one of the best horror films AND one of the best drug films to watch ever IMO...

here's a classic, cant go wrong with it

This has the added bonus of having no logically discernible plot

Thanks for posting, but I feel like you're just choosing random 80s and 90s movies you enjoy.

>he thinks he'll be able to follow a film while tripping

house of cards was actually really good tripping but then i got spooked out

This one looks really cool, but I don't think I'd be able to read the subtitles. I'm putting it on my general "to-watch" list though, thanks.

I can follow movies fairly well, but I get what you mean. I completely lost it during The Wall.

>but I don't think I'd be able to read the subtitles.
It has little dialogue and like I said the plot is incoherent even with subtitles. It's pure stylish visuals and editing.

why would you watch a miserable horrific movie while on LSD?

you should watch something that wont destroy you emotionally but makes you think.

>watch something that wont destroy you emotionally but makes you think.

Well, that is what I asked for mostly. Watching the trailer it does look a bit grim, and I guess that's expected of Gaspar.

El Topo

if u do wanna have an emotional roller coaster I recommend The Matrix

You're a fucking moron if you want to watch a movie while on a psychedelic.

Also drugs are degenerate and if you're over 20 and still "experimenting" with drugs you should literally kill yourself and remove yourself from the gene pool

hi Sup Forums

Please tell me more, I really do care about what you have to say.

says the lonely, unemployed loser on Sup Forums

Susprisia or maybe Eraserhead

Waking Life

this is the perfect movie for your trip, trust me

Actually got see this in a theater tripping my face off. It was incredible.

>Eraserhead
bad advice

I've seen this movie a bunch of times non-tripping. I've actually seen all of Satoshi Kon's movies and they're all amazing.

I'll have to consider this one.

>Beyond the Black Rainbow

I watched this sober with my friends and it was pretty awful and got uncomfortable for us pretty fast. To me it was like a mediocre vaporwave album that went on for far too long. Imo it was pretty much all style and very little substance but that may have been what the director was going for.

It's one of my favourite movies. It's so visually and auditorily(?) striking. The acting from the main two is perfect.

Again, this may have been because of the LSD, but hey.

The Assassin (2015) and Crash (1996)

True story here. I took LSD once and watched this. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it.

The intense white flashing 'scene' 20 or 30 minutes into the film almost threw me into a bad trip. My eyes hurt a fucking lot (dilated pupils and bright flashing lights is a no no). But what was truly trippy was how after a few minutes of watching it, I started seeing things around me from a different perspective than normal, almost identical to the weird camera distorted PoV of the beginning of the movie. It was as if someone had opened a console in my brain and typed 'fov 105 -> 115' and this lasted for hours on end. I was seriously scared my vision would not return to normal. A couple of friends also experienced it.

After some hours of sleep it just passed.

yes the way your perception of reality changes is really strange and a bit frightening really

our brains can be tricked so easily

Liquid Sky - Aliens, Sex, Drugs - New York Punk scene in the early 80s

My Rhythm Box

It's even crazier on a stronger dose trip. It can get to points where there doesn't even seem to be an external reality. That's only fun if you're prepared for it.