ITT: Artists who ruined a whole generation of young people

ITT: Artists who ruined a whole generation of young people

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nBal1492TvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw everyone i know dresses like george costanza now

more like saving this generation with his youtube videos

I don't have a picture saved but literally any rapper.

this

I will celebrate when this mememan croaks

I'll have a pizza roll

Can't believe I used to like this clown

The most obvious answer.

We don't know yet

Lil Yachty
Migos
Kodak Black
XXXTentacion
Katy Perry
Etc.

Only if they take the artists' words and actions seriously. If they only like the music, that is fine.

2017 XXL Freshman Class

No one has said Tyler the Creator yet?

taylor swift

this.

there's the obligatory limp bizkit post I was looking for

I used to love Limp Bizkit. I can confirm this is true.

Pop punk in general

Lot of kids started to play guitar because of them.

>The concequences of XXX
Get outta 2004 grandpa, it's already 2017
Soulja Boy didn't influence anyone beyond the 2-3 months that the dance was hot. It's like saying Psy - Gangam Style corrupted a generation.

Exactly, that's OP's point

u ha e no clue what ur talking bout

In the 90s Kramer was a fashion icon. It is only fair that George gets his turn.

Surprised no one's posted these guys yet

Rolling Stones, and I say that as a fan. Their music has degraded with every generation. First came Aerosmith and Alice Cooper, OK, not bad. Bob Seger and Tom Petty were pushing the limits of good taste. Then John Mellencamp came and dumbed it down to all fuck, from there you've got dreadful groups like Styx, Def Leppard, all the way up to Nickelback, Creed, and now you've got these bands that aren't even worth anything from a comedy standpoint, it's just all bad/bland.

why him, OP?

Based wes borland

yup

i'm not one of those moral panic types but i think it's undeniable in this case that he's influenced some young people to take up smoking

Jesus christ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
they look like they're straight from the suburbs and like to say the n word to somehow fit in.

Skrillex.

hehe

Beyoncé (the whole queen Bey thing is just ridiculous).
Miley Cyrus.
Nicki Minaj.
Basically any female empowerment artists.
Not even a woman hater, just hate what influence these women have had on modern women.

audible kek

This, when the least cancerous thing to come out of american female pop musicians is Lady Gaga there's something really wrong going on.

Luis Fonsi is probably going to be this for sure.

p r e t t y g o o d

youtube.com/watch?v=nBal1492TvM

Fuck Brian Wilson. Fuck Hipsters.

Phil Specktor is a deviant & more talented. Not to mention Quincy Jones.

FUCK Y'all

I'm so fucking sick of people praising this hack. Some low class literal deafbaby who thinks he can add rests into music in front of esteemed audiences doesn't belong in musical history. Music is still struggling to recover from his cultural pollution.

this and still going on.
kurt should of killed himself sooner

>2004
Soulja Boy didn't become big until 2007-2009 so I'm guessing you're either retarded or weren't alive during his peak of popularity. Almost every single rap song that came out during that time had to have a shitty dance attached to it. Hell, we're still recovering from that era.

I didnt know elliott smith wore an orange hat

>tfw you actually look like George Costanza

5ft 5, 'widow's peak' (aka balding) and everything

this and this
fuck that little faggot

>listen to Lil Wayne
>become immediately spoiled

If any other rapper created Sorry For The Wait 2, they'd immediately go down as one of the greats on that alone.

got a date wrong w/e
I'm arguing that I don't think Soulja Boy was influential enough to "corrupt a generation"l, in that he didn't have the much of a rabid fanbase around his music, he was just in the charts.
As for the dance, sure there was a surge for a bit but that shit's been going around for decades, if anything we're still recovering from the macarena.

Yeah Soulja Boy was the 2007 equivalent to 2010's Cali Swag District and 2015's Silento

Also this means we're due for another in the next 1-3 years

>kurt should of killed himself sooner
>should of

seinfeld is the most /fa/ show ever.

it would a personal point of pride of mine if i did that

also nobody posted so far has done that

Snownigger

Soulja boy is the god father to every soundcloud rapper out right now, hes the reason there were dance moves to every rap song, he really brought hip hop into to the internet era where viral hits were everything. Hes pioneer to people like lil yachty, lil uzi vert, xxxtentacion, cali swag disctrict, that shitty whip and nay nay shit, and the dumb dances kids are still doing

Macklemore. Mainstream hip hop was bad already, but did it also need SJW cancer infused in it?

Well its either ruined by Nirvana or if they werent there it'd be ruined by some random hair metal band in the late 90s. Not much option we have there.

uh-oh!

this

I almost included her but she's just a bit odd.
I doubt she does any damage by just being weird.

Nah

I still love him though...

I think you're wrong.

I see Soulja Boy as a kind of the quintessential proto-internet-rapper, the starting point of a specific set of traits and market approaches that eventually led to things like Lil B (who has cited him as a major influence), xxxtension, lil yachty, etc. Those guys are elaborations on the groundwork he laid, and that's not even mentioning how early he was taking advantage of social media: he had his own "ringtone app" which he monetized, spent his early days putting own music into limewire downloads under fake titles, and was huge on MySpace. Maybe Soulja didn't have the biggest, most sustainable fanbase, but he set in motion a number of trends and forms that we see prevalent today.

not cringe at all what are you talking about

This, but he got it going. Guys like BAR9 and Nero kicked off the shitshow of dubstep

hahaha oh yeah and fuck bach too right what a christfag

only real answer yet

"I'm sure people will forget about me at some point and then I'll probably still make songs because I was doing it before anyone cared. I just want to make simple, straight-up songs that mean something to me and then I'm happy."

Nothing to hate on about that. His fanbase is annoying and seems to be getting to him personally too at this point

Agree, he knows what he's doing too which is the sad part.

This, he created teenagers.

Yeah I think Christgau was onto something back when he broke.

Feminem

These three are pretty on point.

if it weren't for limp bizkit shitty ass nu metal like korn and pod and soulfly and disturbed would still be around. you should be thanking limp bizkit and crazy town for finally shutting that shit down.

it's cause George is fresh as fuck, why wouldn't you want to be like him? Fuck you're an absolute gimp mate.

Endorses smoking.

Endorses being stupid.

Not /fa/

Men that never grow up, expect for Frank Ocean (he might have some kind of contract he can't get out of)

bump

Soulja Boy was way bigger than either of those. I remember at my middle school dance (inb4 underage, I'm turning 21 next month) when Soulja Boy came on it was the only time at any dance I've been to where 90% of the crowd stopped what they were doing to dance to the specific track.

htipgncaa

The most accurate part is all those young junkie faggots now have that terrible bleached blond look