Critique Thread

ITT: We support, follow, share, and give constructive criticism to each other on various websites for music sharing such as Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Youtube, and more.

Post a link to your site(s) and other anons follow/share/give feedback.

People who post links and shill themselves after 5-10 posts without participating in any feedback/discussion are unwelcome and should be ignored.

soundcloud.com/tsarina_au/sandcastles-unmixed/s-UIw2E

>neoclassical indie folk
>female vocals
>irish pennywhistle
This is the unmixed version, but we're still interested in feedback to see if we're headed in the right direction.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/le_separator
separatorofficial.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/arms-dealer/man-diseased-crisis-cycle-regurgitation
soundcloud.com/arms-dealer/death-of-the-artifact
soundcloud.com/arms-dealer/sweet-land-of-infamy
soundcloud.com/candy-paint-68853204
soundcloud.com/mastermillertherapper/jack-frost
soundcloud.com/nathanoriginal/perfecting-the-art-of-drowning-again
soundcloud.com/surullinen/youre-dead-wrong
wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
yamir.bandcamp.com/
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p
thathousecat.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/allegheny-drive/ordinal
speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/track/matthew-11-28
soundcloud.com/alis_on/mindless
soundcloud.com/user-400673921/daytona5hunnid
soundcloud.com/inbetweenmindstates
youtube.com/channel/UCHzcS9Hm5dieyRWDMY-earw
soundcloud.com/30dollarbill/heck-whats-a-little-extortion-among-friends
youtu.be/BOc08yp23Yk
soundcloud.com/slave-beaver-revolt/untitled-satan-rape-song
soundcloud.com/the_cartridge_family/cracking
soundcloud.com/user-277054480/missing-thoughts-and-feelings
youtube.com/watch?v=szV0fpnL7ow
soundcloud.com/mwgli
youtube.com/watch?v=R868lxxxBI0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5OG5O3ZlE
flatsound.bandcamp.com/track/you-said-okay
soundcloud.com/zerosumgame/klklklkkwip
soundcloud.com/zerosumgame/abuse
soundcloud.com/catoquan
youtube.com/watch?v=-GEk0EUsu5Y
soundcloud.com/luciddd/things-will-be-better-soon
soundcloud.com/ben-casey-fletcher-33897683/094-top-end-dirt
soundcloud.com/pillow187/menu-screen-select
soundcloud.com/user-653760913/going-to-vegas#t=2:44
soundcloud.com/yenzy/fairweather?in=yenzy/sets/retrodynamic
soundcloud.com/milespowers/caged-and-carefree-prod-ckwnce
soundcloud.com/milespowers/sets/lakonikos
soundcloud.com/joe_j-1/sets/instrumentals
soundcloud.com/user-126621112/sets/asio-7-day-express
soundcloud.com/the_trash_monk
youtube.com/watch?v=BbuJe6A-fTU
soundcloud.com/wateroverdose
m.soundcloud.com/hvzydvys/publiclomein
soundcloud.com/richeyritch/stonewlldemo-prod-by-serge-crown
soundcloud.com/iamdeliria/bones-deadindesignerclothesteenfever-rendition
soundcloud.com/foliagemusic/silence-1
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence
soundcloud.com/user-612872452
ppatricide.bandcamp.com/track/xenogenesis
ppatricide.bandcamp.com/track/age-ii
ppatricide.bandcamp.com/track/reject-my-love
escrowking.bandcamp.com/releases
soundcloud.com/tonijuax/overmad
soundcloud.com/daremr/sets/sultana-full-beat-tape
soundcloud.com/mutilated_lips/rain
soundcloud.com/3179mercs
soundcloud.com/amongjupiter
soundcloud.com/selectaudio/fbt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All feedback returned from OP.

soundcloud.com/le_separator
separatorofficial.bandcamp.com

>Minimal
>Instrumental

New EP in the works!

soundcloud.com/arms-dealer/man-diseased-crisis-cycle-regurgitation

soundcloud.com/arms-dealer/death-of-the-artifact

soundcloud.com/arms-dealer/sweet-land-of-infamy

Three tribal dark ambient songs of existential terror

>ambient, industrial, drone, synth, noise

soundcloud.com/candy-paint-68853204
Just started making beats, let me know what you guys think. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

>calls his work "beats"
>point and click loop shit
You don't know anything about music. Stop posting this shit.

Not bad, keep working, it has potential.

I adore this! Like, it's so chill, and the voice! PM me the final version if you have it. :D

This is my newest song. I'm portraying Jack Frost from SMT3 dissing the Demi-Fiend. It's hilarious.

soundcloud.com/mastermillertherapper/jack-frost

musix to enjoy ur cry to

soundcloud.com/nathanoriginal/perfecting-the-art-of-drowning-again

>sad trap
>blink-182 raps

soundcloud.com/surullinen/youre-dead-wrong
>oldschool-ish
>lo-fi
>hiphop
>sampled

The "Metro" beat you made is pretty decent, only some notes that shouldn't be there. You should learn basic music theory

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze with some emo and post rock vibes, real fuzzed out
>ffo: pinback, alex g, have a nice life (not my comparisons but other peoples)
>free as fuck so take it

If you wanna play cello/violin on stuff on an upcoming album, hmu. Maybe saxophone too. Thanks.

Lots of clipping/pops in the recording, kinda frustrating. The music itself is alright. A little bland for me. Good voice, and the flute adds a lot, especially in the bridge-ish section just over halfway in. Kinda dreamy. I'd like to hear more.

Chill down, grumpy face. This is what this thread is about. Go suck a fat cock you piece of shit faggot.
There are small variations, and as I said, I just got started.
>Stop posting this shit
There's no reason and you have no authority to tell me what to do.

I appreciate constructive criticism, not this bullshit you're saying. Fuck off.

happy birthday to americans, technically im american too so :^( happy birthday to me

yamir.bandcamp.com/
>noise rock, experimental rock
>ambient, spacey reverb stuff with guitars and every sine wave imaginable
>also a "microhouse" or "minimal techno" EP if youre more into electronic music
>highly advised to listen to with headphones

Read an interview conducted by Jakub Tabor! (if you like to laugh at poseurs this is a good read)
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1

>I want to rate your music!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

>I want to listen to you on Spotify!
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p

im just waiting on that new shit nathan
big rec

not my thing at all, dont think im cut out to give you advice since i have no knowledge on "irish pennywhistle" or "neoclassical indie folk"

check out the sounds
thathousecat.bandcamp.com/
>music/sound/things/and/stuff

super good dood!!1

>chill down
Who says this? Weird.
>grumpy face
>"go suck a fat cock you piece of shit faggot"
hmmm

Been posting this a lot, but we recently released this and it'll be on our upcoming album I'm mixing

>psychedelic, rock, experimental, jam, noise, post-rock

soundcloud.com/allegheny-drive/ordinal

>You don't know anything about music.
its not like most of the other people on here do. being knowledgeable on music is not a requirement for making music

oh hi watterson didnt see your post before i posted, much love

speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/track/matthew-11-28
>piano
>sad
>im so depressed lmao
>spoken word
I try not to be too emo but eh that's life
im gonna go jerk off but then ill be back to rate you guys. catch you in a bit

I don't care that much, but when people just say shit like that it gets me a little mad. I worked for hours on "that shit" and just talking smack without giving any advice is basically annoying.

>knowing how to do something isn't a requirement for doing something
Yeah sure that's fine he can play with all the 4 measure drum machine loops he wants, but there needs to be some kind of a standard as to what actually gets passed as music around here. Otherwise these threads get filled with a million shitty fucking "beats" over and over again.
You spent hours on that? A monkey could put that out in like 15 minutes. Jesus christ

>worked for hours
wat
how the fuck did that take you hours? what were you doing, looking for batteries for your mouse?

Hey man, there's a really easy way to learn chord progressions. I've seen it in a video a long time ago, but basically it went like this. If you use FL studio, open up Pitcher, detach it and mute it, then open up the sheet and and use only the notes which are lightened up as squares. It really helped me out.

cringe

i wish these threads were banned

soundcloud.com/alis_on/mindless

>synth, brass, analog

I love this, it's like atdi with some stoner psych elements like sungrazer or colour haze
Some beautiful piano work man great
Feel like I should be playing FF4 lmao

soundcloud.com/user-400673921/daytona5hunnid

>Hip Hop
>samples

samefag lmfao

Definitely.

soundcloud.com/inbetweenmindstates

>hip hop, instrumentals .

This is interesting, it is different to what I typically listen to but I like the nightmarish quality they have.

Sounds promising, you definitely have potential.

So clean, I like the production a lot,and the vocals are really good.

Downloaded and I am going to it a proper listen. From what I have heard so far it is really good, I need to give it a proper listen. Definitely impressed by what I have heard though.

jesus christ this is cringy as fuck

different fag owned

i meant to reply to

I appreciate the tip, will use it for sure.
Thanks dude, I'll keep doing it.

>sounds promising, you definitely have potential
Based on what? Why would you tell him this? He clicked and dragged loops into a timeline.

samefag

Check this guy out man, he's amazing at breaking stuff down and really getting to know the ins and outs of production

youtube.com/channel/UCHzcS9Hm5dieyRWDMY-earw

why do you care ?

no!!! stop bullying me

Because if he lies to you and tells you that you're good you'll keep posting and if you keep posting these threads will get over-saturated with garbage

saying somebody has potential means they need to improve, doesn't mean they're good

these threads are not meant for professionnal musicians to jerk themselves off, we are supose to help eachother man. There will be garbage but its ok

>not meant for professional musicians to jerk themselves off
joke's on you

Sounds pretty barebones but there's definitely something there. Try experimenting with velocity as well as sample flipping.
Speed shit up, slow shit down, put it in reverse. Just keep making music before you post on soundcloud and your arrangements and everything will get better man.

Critiques pls:
soundcloud.com/30dollarbill/heck-whats-a-little-extortion-among-friends

I really like it. Very mellow and pretty, also melancholy. Makes me think of autumn sitting by a lake reflecting on bad life decisions. Very good.
This is my cover of Blow up the Outside World by Soundgarden. Chris Cornell was my fucking hero so I learned this song for him. Took about a month to learn.
youtu.be/BOc08yp23Yk

soundcloud.com/slave-beaver-revolt/untitled-satan-rape-song

>punk rock
>upbeat
>fun as hell

What I heard I quite enjoyed, like the dark industrial atmosphere; would like some more solid progressions and hints of melodies in the tracks though

soundcloud.com/the_cartridge_family/cracking

New track - Cracking, from my upcoming release 'Here Comes Everbody'. Some of the best stuff I've ever made, if you like glitch, Trip Hop, Post Rock, Jazz, and Techno/Ambient, check it out. Would love love love feedback, cheers x

>took a month to learn acoustic soundgarden
>spent hours pointing and clicking

>indie electronic I guess
>instrumental
>minimal
also it's 7 minutes long so I don't expect anyone to bother.
I feel like it gets repetitive after like 3 minutes but I'm not sure.
soundcloud.com/user-277054480/missing-thoughts-and-feelings

I feel like the first track lacks lower frequencies (but I guess you were going for uneasy listening) It's perfect from like 15:10
The piano got kinda annoying after a while.
I like the spoken word thing. Feels melodramatic but in a good way.

Good shit right there (right there)

>there needs to be some kind of a standard as to what actually gets passed as music around here.
agreed, but there are well meaning beginners that just want some feedback for their music. i havent listened to the beat in question so idk how grave this is, but its only his first song

>Otherwise these threads get filled with a million shitty fucking "beats" over and over again.
its too late bud, best thing one can do is ignore them and hope they slowly go away when they see no one replies to their posts.

mu is by far the best option for people that make different or more experimental music, but the good music to music posters ratio is more than a little bit unbalanced

>saying somebody has potential means they need to improve, doesn't mean they're good
believe me most people will take "has potential" as "good enough" and not bother improving

>not meant for professionnal musicians to jerk themselves off
yeah, its for amateur musicians to jerk themselves off ;)

>mu is by far the best option for people that make different or more experimental music, but the good music to music posters ratio is more than a little bit unbalanced

everyone who has made music for long enough knows that these threads only beget shallow compliments in hopes that shallow compliments are returned
they are the Sup Forums thread equivalent of that guy who messages you asking how your music is going so he can justify sending you his own music

I LOVE SHALLOW COMPLIMENTS

sheeeit, does this pass the standard?

youtube.com/watch?v=szV0fpnL7ow

tho true, there are actually a lot a of legit people here who give good and honest listens/critism

shallow compliment don't buy my music on bandcamp.com

soundcloud.com/mwgli

>electronic
>analog
>spacey
>dreamy
>warm

reminds me a lot of mbv but with less reverb on the vox, i think it could sound cool if you gave that a shot and treated them like a pad or something. just an idea, still good. one bit of advice is that the mids of your vocals sound kind of muddy

rec, new song is really nice (gave you feedback in the other thread up)

This is pretty good. Something's kinda off with the vocals though. I'm not a fan of pitch correction by any means, but this is just off by the smallest amount that it'd probably be okay to use subtly. Or get female vox instead.

bet

hey thanks senpai, yea I really struggle with getting the vocals on point and have a lot to learn generally. but it's so much fun that i probably won't stop anytime soon. tho i got a pretty dope singer who wants to collab so imma see what gives

got one without vocals! :D

youtube.com/watch?v=R868lxxxBI0

the music or jerking off part? if it's too emo for your likes I'm sorry. I've always been into poetry and spoken word
yeah, i agree with the piano bit. I don't actually play the piano (guitar fag here) but I was fucking around on one and thought it sounded kinda pretty. i tried making it more varied by adding the fireworks and junk but meh. thanks for listing though

Digging this one a lot more, reminds a lot of Darkside. youtube.com/watch?v=Fk5OG5O3ZlE

Mad respect to someone who actually seems to grasp at least some semblance of theory.

the music. it isn't the fact that it's emo or poetry or spoken word, it's the fact that the delivery is cringy. you need to enunciate and learn how meter works. this is the proper way to do spoken word. pay attention to the movement and pace of his tone.
flatsound.bandcamp.com/track/you-said-okay

holy shit i am diggin this track, thanks for that (and the compliment, i have daddled with theory for a bit desu :P)
next track coming up has one the most suffisticated chord progressions i have ever made imo, i will spam the shit out of that track here once its done

/ramble off

>flatsound.bandcamp.com/track/you-said-okay
I've been experimenting trying to find my "speaking voice" and it's honestly kinda hard. i think its just something that comes with time. but anyway thanks man

soundcloud.com/zerosumgame/klklklkkwip
>Electronic

soundcloud.com/zerosumgame/abuse
>Metal

That's some cool stuff really liking in waves
nice digging it

dude i just gave it a quick listen and i feel like a lot of the percieved cringeyness would actually disappear if you tried to mix your vocals more properly. i would say try to boost more in the lower mid range (since thats where the spoken word typicly resonates) and since you have a very nasal voice at times

soundcloud.com/catoquan
>electronic-synth grunge

Would like some criticism on my playing, production (audio quality), and anything else you can think of. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-GEk0EUsu5Y

Just dropped this, feedback would be awesome! Gonna go through and leave some feedback here

>lofi
>sad beat
>hip hop

soundcloud.com/luciddd/things-will-be-better-soon

Let me know what you think!

production audio quality is that of filming one play, so not very good but sufficiant for what you are doing meaning you arent clipping and the backing isnt too loud/quiet.
your playing is pretty dope. you should try to get some variation in your backing so your solo can get more interesting too.

sick beats m8

hey, i never thought about that. during mixing my main priority on vocals was to make sure they came out with as little fuzz as possible (working with shitty equipment)
but that's a good idea. I will defiantly try that next time I record. I don't like how my voice sounds when I get more "emotional" but if i natural have a higher voice. ive tried it in a lower register before but the playback always sounds forced and even cringe.
guys, I know my music sucks, and I know my voice is whiny, and honestly, i think about just giving up sometimes. but i don't want to be somebody who just gives up.

nice dubs, this is a chilled blues tune man

ay dude
this is me

if you want to make music and it helps you emotionally in some form dont ever fucking stop. all my life people told me that i sound liek shit and i thought about leaving it all aswell, but aslong as you enjoy it you really shouldnt give a fuck. right now people can actually listen to my music without cringing and i sure as fuck wont stop now and might even become a decent singer someday

oh yea i also gave you the mixing advice btw. listen to some podcasts and listen closely how the voice sounds. try to emulate that when mixing

soundcloud.com/ben-casey-fletcher-33897683/094-top-end-dirt
>Dum and Bass
>fucked

made in 1hr

soundcloud.com/pillow187/menu-screen-select
New track!
>cloud rap
>alt r&b
>trip hop
>experimental

soundcloud.com/user-653760913/going-to-vegas#t=2:44

good thread OP. gonna go through now and provide some feedback

here's one of mine

soundcloud.com/yenzy/fairweather?in=yenzy/sets/retrodynamic

>upbeat hip-hop, strings
>i produced, mixed, sang

will return feedback on here and/or on Soundcloud!!!!!!

I make rap music because im passionate about writing. just now getting all my musical equipment back, happy to be recording again soon after what felt like a long time.

soundcloud.com/milespowers/caged-and-carefree-prod-ckwnce

my last tape

soundcloud.com/milespowers/sets/lakonikos

feedback in SC

recc

>Hip-Hop instrumentals
soundcloud.com/joe_j-1/sets/instrumentals

soundcloud.com/user-126621112/sets/asio-7-day-express

>new wave
>electronic rock
>synthpop
>avant-garde

feedback apperciated and all comments will be returned on soundcloud

soundcloud.com/the_trash_monk
>pop

Been slowly working towards an album so ANY harsh criticism is appreciated. people always just kiss my ass with "oh this is cool" blah blah you know you know you know.
I'll be going thru the thread and checking out everyones stuff. And in terms of any feedback I get, I'll return it all, even it's not much for criticism, plus I return Feedback.

yeah and here's a music video I did for my song L.I.T.L. Plan on making more so lemme know what you think of it. that Digital Psychedelia is my "goal" with my videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=BbuJe6A-fTU

soundcloud.com/wateroverdose

>Experimental/Chill

m.soundcloud.com/hvzydvys/publiclomein
>emo
>hip-hop
This is good, also atmos de silencio, erdanyc, pillow, redacted and alternative choice. For the most part these are just /prod/ threads without clypit tho

soundcloud.com/richeyritch/stonewlldemo-prod-by-serge-crown

>Hip Hop
>Semi Industrial

soundcloud.com/iamdeliria/bones-deadindesignerclothesteenfever-rendition

>Experimental hip hop production
>Eerie/angry trap/rap beats

Just released this bones remix, excited to give and receive feedback.

This song is called "Silence", the title track to the new Foliage record of the same name.
Love
soundcloud.com/foliagemusic/silence-1

>Indie
>Jangle Pop
>Dream Pop
>Post-Punk

Pre-Order here:
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence

leftinthesun.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/user-612872452

>sort of shoegaze
>sort of post rock

first thing my band has ever released, ep will be released in a few days
recs

Some selected tracks

ppatricide.bandcamp.com/track/xenogenesis
>experiment/ambient/electronic

ppatricide.bandcamp.com/track/age-ii
>chill/idm/industrial ish

ppatricide.bandcamp.com/track/reject-my-love
>industrial/electronic/noise

escrowking.bandcamp.com/releases

>downtempo, EBM, electronic, instrumental hip hop

>escrowking.bandcamp.com/releases
These are some pretty cool little tunes! really like track one and three so far

soundcloud.com/tonijuax/overmad
>electronic
>idm
>analog
>live rythms

Darem - Sultana Beat Tape

soundcloud.com/daremr/sets/sultana-full-beat-tape

>Lo-Fi sound
>Instrumental Hip-Hop
>Perfect for sunsets
>Madlib vibes
>Flylo vibes

Recs
good stuff
good work dude, i recommend to hear this.
beautiful

First track- Can't feel it-

Second track gets a little better but still I feel like the mix is lacking soul or attitude-

Diggin the minimal style and the effect on the voice- I'd just add some overdrive on those snares/claps

>At first I was like meh but the sample on its own sounds hella cool-

glad you like it my man!

Mutilated Lips - Rain
soundcloud.com/mutilated_lips/rain
>Ambient, dark, techno

soundcloud.com/3179mercs

Ich habe aber auch keinen Zweifel darüber gelassen, daß, wenn die Völker Europas wieder nur als Aktienpakete dieser internationalen Geld- und Finanzverschwörer angesehen werden, dann auch jenes Volk mit zur Verantwortung gezogen werden wird, das der eigentliche Schuldige an dieses mörderischen Ringen ist: Das Judentum! Ich habe weiter keinen darüber im Unklaren gelassen, daß dieses Mal nicht nur Millionen Kinder von Europäern der arischen Völker verhungern werden, nicht nur Millionen erwachsener Männer den Tod erleiden und nicht nur Hunderttausende an Frauen und Kindern in den Städten verbrannt und zu Tode bombardiert werden dürfen, ohne daß der eigentliche Schuldige, wenn auch durch humanere Mittel, seine Schuld zu büssen hat.

soundcloud.com/amongjupiter

>Ambient lo fi
>New age beets
>Hypnotic warmth

soundcloud.com/selectaudio/fbt

>hip hop group
>song in particular is sort of a banger style with a hard beat

any feedback would be appreciated.

It's really bad. But it's only a matter of months of practice to be good at it.
Put some progressions in it. Try to vary the rhythm patterns, that's really important in trap music. Imagine if someone rapped over it, and try to recreate the song. Also, don't let the snare and the kick drum hit at the same time, it sounds like absolute ass. The lead melodies sound way too goofy. The overall sound everything is just bad, I suggest you to find some good sample packs and find an influence. My favourite trap producer currently is The Virus And The Antidote.