Is this the pinnacle of vaporwave?

Is this the pinnacle of vaporwave?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E&index=13&list=LL_QBEPKiOj6Dm6CQ1oaQ9kw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dean blunt turned out to be such a disappointment, his projects had big potential and then he went full retard with Babyfather

its more chopped and screwed tbqh. besides the sade cover

dear god were ugly :

black metal is easily his best release
agreed with babyfather tho.

i think we can expect great things from black metal 2 though.

i saw him perform at the jazz cafe a few months back with a full string band, piano and saxophone - it was pretty spectacular.

knowing dean. black metal 2 will probably never come out.

>babyfather was bad
sorry for your taste :^/

>THIS MAKES ME PROUD TO BE BRITISH :) GET IT? BECAUSE THE UK IS NOT A GREAT PLACE FOR A BLACK PERSON :) I CALL IT SARCASM :) NAME DENNY :)

na it definitely will

where'd you see him?

jazz cafe in camden!

i mean i liked the concept of it. and meditation is a great song. but the rest of the album falls flat. because dean really can't rap. and the spoken word bits are nice but kinda meaningless

liked the two power electronics track tho.

what album is this?

Shook+Motivation and Deep are masterpieces
fuck i'm jealous, I wanna meet the man so bad

not him but i met him briefly. doesn't say much lol
actually does say "yeah" alot.

favorite hype williams related release of 2017 so far? Hotep for me

hotep and wahalla

I'd dig a Dean and James Ferraro collab. It seems like they would mesh politically and artistically in a lot of ways. Did anyone else catch a show on that tour in early 2016 where Ferraro was headlining for Mac Demarco? That was a weird night.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E&index=13&list=LL_QBEPKiOj6Dm6CQ1oaQ9kw

go away oscob

they did some bs piano spoken word stuff awhile ago.
think they aren't friends anymore tho. idk

watch the throne & watch the throne 2
even though you can't really make out that it's them collabing

probably because dean likes to point out the shortcomings of the black community as well as the oppressive external structures

oh well :/

The only 'vaporwave' album I know

hmm maybe thats why. idk any of the new age of black artists that share any of his music at all.
was surprised a guy from alt-j liked him.

met James Ferraro after his live set, he's a dork and I love him

opinions on Expressway Yo Yo Dieting?

>Expressway Yo Yo Dieting
holy shit who is this?

>Expressway Yo Yo Dieting

i had a friend try to get me into it a few years back and it didn't really vibe with me, you're probably more of an early Ferraro fan

i-Asia and Suki Girlz are my favorites

>tfw ywn find the i-asis deluxe version he uploaded on sc for a minute

He does tape manipulation stuff like eccojams, listen to Dormant Mirrors/Drum, fantastic album
Ferraro's discog is unexpectedly large, I admit I haven't listened to a whole lot, pic related is one of my favorites

is this a joke about vaping or an actual release

gee i dunno would a joke about vaping have 31 replies none of which are related to that

quite possibly, yes

is it bad that this is my favorite hype williams release?

wouldn't be my first pick but you can enjoy whatever you like buddy

cheers. i just like how it takes the whole "hype" attitude of trap music and flips it on its ass into something that is extremely bland and emotionless. it serves as a great fuck you to the annoying ass trend but it's also great to just vibe and feel nothing to.

what's your favorite release?

but trap artists are already doing that and having much more fun with it

see: ugly god or even fucking 2 chainz

>and having much more fun with it
but that's completely missing the point of what makes 10/10 and hype williams in general so great. there's nothing fun about it. they go out of their way to make it as un-fun as possible. it's a nihilistic pit

nihilism is a masturbatory exercise and it only alienates the people around you and prevents anything new from coming into your life

it's not an aesthetic to just slap on to something and somehow turn it into a postmodernist masterpiece, it's cheap and weak

>they go out of their way to make it as un-fun as possible.
ehh i wouldn't say that.
tho 10/10 does fit that description a bit. but overall i think hype williams was more ironic pop than anything. dean always leaves pop culture easter eggs in all of his work

i disagree

Give Babyfather another chance; it's a grower

nah. i'd spin it quite a few times. im almost wondering to myself. why don't i listen to some actual trap or uk dril artists instead.

>exercise
philosophy isn't an exercise it's a belief, and not usually a voluntary belief either.

>it's not an aesthetic to just slap on to something
it's not like the aesthetic was just slapped onto it. the philosophy of the artist shapes the art they create

it is a voluntary decision to say "hey, with my limited suite of senses and information at my disposal, i conclude with CERTAINTY that there is no meaning to any of my actions."

>it is a voluntary decision to say "hey, with my limited suite of senses and information at my disposal, i conclude with CERTAINTY that there is no meaning to any of my actions."
you'd think so. most nihilists i know consider it to be a sickness that they struggle to overcome

tell them to stop hanging out with other nihilists and stop going to Sup Forums and tumblr