Is Sampling a meme?

>Tfw watch video on 36 Chambers sample
>RZA literally just took songs and slowed/sped them and added a little drum to it
>Tfw I actually thought he had any talent

I think I'm starting to grow out of Hip Hop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8
youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg
youtube.com/watch?v=nygK0pqUmD8
clyp.it/kpq2ec30
youtu.be/ju46hMpaU60
clyp.it/izduk42r
youtu.be/Ql4uHqiGMCs
clyp.it/xj3eez5w
clyp.it/x43ii5zz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make a beat right now and post it.

Just give me like, anhour.

This desu. The day I see one of these "lol it's so easy" types actually sit down and make a great, original hip hop album is the day I'll concede that the whole genre is a meme.

>listening to can
>realize they just sampled water from their local lake
>thought they actually had talent
i think im starting to grow out of krautrock

its reinventing new sounds and seeing them in a new light. most artists steal styles anyway. its just alot easier than hiring house musicians

Yes
>People actually think Daft Punk have an ounce of talent
youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8
youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg

As someone who makes a lot of hip hop I'd say it's one of the easier genres, and you can get away with not knowing that much about music production. That's not to say that hiphop is a meme. I think it takes skill to hear a sample and be able to make something relatively different with it.

I'll be waiting user...

It was a bit harder when PCs weren't as sophisticated as today, user. Music wasn't being pirated through interwebz, they actually had to dig through vinyls, tapes and CDs. Some of producers still have those huge libraries full of plates.

By the way, take a pic at machinery they had to use to make a sample. Today it looks crude and useless, but back in the day it was the only way to make something by yourself.

The magic of samples died with PCs and internet.

i get that this is bs but why do they get so much shit on here. and would you say that this remix makes up for it?

youtube.com/watch?v=nygK0pqUmD8

makes up for what?
lazily stealing another mans song?

clyp.it/kpq2ec30

Ow come on, you haven't even got the rhythm right. And add some bass.

What happens when they run out of old recordings worth sampling?

>clyp.it/kpq2ec30

I'm glad you came through, user. Hip-hop is objectively quite a basic genre of music production, and even in more avant-garde styles such as 'mumble' rap, the formula of the music still does not stray too far from the basic setup.
It does take some amount of talent to spot a great melody and change it up a bit here and there, but hip-hop production in general is an easy game, it was born out of necessity though, as a lot of people back then didn't have access to expensive "proper" instruments.

You don't. Not in a lifetime. You gotta dig deeper.
youtu.be/ju46hMpaU60

here i made my own trackclyp.it/izduk42r

umm, they will just sample newer music? as they already do at this point in time

Fucking trash

Yeah, pretty much post 2008 rap.

>clyp.it/kpq2ec30
Wow, good job sounding like untalented shit.

lets see your track buddy!

youtu.be/Ql4uHqiGMCs

not him but the op's track is pretty trash

clyp.it/xj3eez5w this is my shit

try to get things on tempo

not op but I made this beat out of vertical by anco pls rate

clyp.it/x43ii5zz

Thai isn't baet.

hell mr dj shadow

?

This isn't a beat.

How is this not a beat, take off the acapella its a beat.

Listen to the original songs then. If you like Wu-Tang's more, then the purpose of sampling is clear. RZA has breathed new life into a small portion of a different song.

what about him?
dogshit you have no ear for timing at all

True.