Ok so tomorrow I'm gunna try dxm for the first time. Going with abiut 470 mg dxm. There is also that expectorant shit...

Ok so tomorrow I'm gunna try dxm for the first time. Going with abiut 470 mg dxm. There is also that expectorant shit. Guaifenesin or whatever. But its all i have. Im fine with doing it with the guaif.
What i want to know is, does Sup Forums have any tips or advice for my first dxm trip? How to avoid puking? Or should i just let myself puke? What should i do while Im on it? Basically anything will be appreciated.

Do not fucking do it. You're going to be unhappy for the rest of your life. inb4 I'm already unhappy oh but not like you're going to be and I'm fucking serious. I'm a O-chem major, ex-dextronaut with a much tougher brain than yours. 470mg is going to microwave your gene pool. I'm so fucking serious, do not fucking do that.

Are you just looking for a way to get high, or do you have plugs and just want to try this out? There are so many alternatives that won't ruin everything permanently.

>probably don't puke
>take some other meds to counter the nausea
>go to /del/ or /dis/ god damn newfag

Why would this ruin someones life?people go up to like 800 mg.

DXM operates on a receptor called NMDA responsible for the release of a neurotransmitter called glutamate. Together they're what construct your sense of meaning in this world. When you're playing a game and you feel only that vague sense of enjoyment that's because your glutamate is already fucked up. You screw with it enough and you're heading towards psychosis. Haven't met a dex-addict who hasn't self-induced psychosis. You'd be better doing meth, because at least that would indiscriminatingly destroy your brain and not just exactly what you need to feel connected to virtually anything. I don't know your situation, I'm aware we're on Sup Forums and all the boundaries that might imply for you, but I'm completely speaking to you personally when I say you're going to hell. You might have already done it or have seen people do it and witnessed something just fine and that's perfectly typical. DXM's also what you'd call an SRI. It will make you feel awesome for months after using it. I know that's no warning but the years afterward, the decades afterward, are inevitable and they will be fucked beyond what's imaginable and worse of all no one will be able relate to you.

There are so many other things you can do

Yeahh thats where i am at now, i took it pretty heavy from highschool through my first year of college 5-6 years.
I have problems with depression and dissociation now

No kidding, me too. I basically fronted the vanguard movement for nmda-agnosticity as a remedy for depression/pdd-nos autism. I was so thrilled with the results myself until the anvil fell heavier than I could imagine about a year of sobriety later.

You do not want to have to deal with the bullshit that will generate in your brain forever OP. There are obviously ways to adapt, cope and change with the brain damage, but because no one else shares this brain damage you're going to be very alone.

Like I don't know if your reasoning is, "I like things fucked up" or "it's only once" but whatever it is, perhaps it's a new perspective, perhaps it is just self-destruction, there are critically better ways to achieve any of the above.

And people won't testify the same way I, a random stranger, apparently am and that's expected. Believe me they are not happy either. DXM will pulverize your rational grasp over the situation you're in, and of course, no one but yourself can speak for what's really happening, but it will be happening.

Op here.
Hm. This has given me a lot to think about. So even if it is legitimately once, just to try it, this will still happen?

isnt there some fucking additive that facks you up if you take too much? like makes you puke if you exceed recommended dose , and to hospital if you have an above average recreational dose?

dont do it man go buy some weed or something. shits retarded and youll go on a downwards spiral of dependency and addiction

your life is going nowhere

Prepare your anus, no literally you're gonna shit your guts out

I never thought I'd be one of these authority figures you dissociate yourself from before hearing out, and I always wanted to find a smarter and slier way to relate to people when advocating for their sanity/intelligence/happiness but I never found out what that was.

You're going to absolutely deny and disagree that it is happening, but I'd wager the ratio of good times to bad times you'd have doing it once will be closer to 1:100 than before and there's a very good chance of simply destroying some facet of your intellect for good even once.

Also the vomit will actually just not make it fun even for the one time use.

If you're even thinking about not doing it you definitely don't want to do it. I will literally just buy you a better drug OP lol

Prepare your anus, no literally you're gonna shit your guts out. However so long as it's just once and you keep an eye on your dosage especially due to the additives you'll be fine. Don't let these guys make you think once will fuck you up.

Don't let this retard have any influence over your autonomous decision making. He doesn't have the crippling self-awareness to know how substances affect him, as most people do not which you've known since you were a child.

itt: rick and morty

I did 1500mg dxm a few weeks ago, wasn't a fun time.
Don't take the shit with guaifenesin, you'll kill your liver. Just buy a bottle of robitussin dry cough forte if it's available.

Also, it's addictive if you have an addictive personality.
You can't concentrate properly for the next week, you wont be able to get to sleep the night of the dose.

and your entire neurological system is going to behave differently forever. It's the difference between getting kicked in the balls once vs getting kicked in the balls 100 times except you might decide you like getting kicked in the balls.

You want a dissociative that actually helps you---try jasmine. It's what most countries use, because life isn't that interesting without drugs.

I pigeonholed myself into sound overly-serious, but even talking about one night's decision in the context of your whole life is already overboard and sad. If you're making daily decisions based on how they'll affect you forever you should definitely at least wait.

I did dxm about a year ago when I was majorly depressed, basically for a 10 hour period I wandered around my house not knowing if I was awake or asleep, I'm pretty sure I made a sandwich at some point and woke up on the floor the next day

>tl:dr not worth it

>Going with abiut 470 mg dxm. There is also that expectorant shit. Guaifenesin
>Guaifenesin

spend the 5min at the store to buy a product w/o that shit and enjoy yourself more

and this guy is somewhat right, typical coricidans(do not take!) or Robotussin long acting cough gels have both given me the shits before

I'd eat breakfast / skip lunch, if you have no tolerance deylsm is a perfectly acceptable choice it has polixstrex or w/e which releases slower so your peak will be lower but it will stay pretty high especially for a first time user, a simple cold water extraction makes it less painful than chuggin a bottle

Jasmine like the tea? Lmao

Dxm is a dirty drug OP, if you do go forward with it dont have alot planned for a few days for the "afterglow" affects. Its a disociative and i would listen to the warnings from other people are posting it can really fuck you up after prolonged usage or a heavy dose. Its subtle at first, but its there, some of the worst trips ive ever had have been with dxm dont underestimate it

Jesus fuck, i hope your joking

This guy gets it

its pretty fun op
you role a dice and youll either enjoy it or wont
end of story

I've done a retarded amount of dxm in my day so let me give you a definitive rundown on how to not die/have a bad time.

-doses should be scheduled out. Dont take all of it at once. take 20-40mg at a time in 20 minute intervals. This will ensure the dxm metabolizes smoothly and the come up isnt too fast. also, helps the reverse tolerance effects of the dxm.

-Make sure you take 25-50mg of benadryl first. This will help with the itches you may feel

-if you get itchy DO NOT SCRATCH IT. It will only get worse if you scratch it.

-Try not to fill up on food before hand. best to eat a small meal and try to eat a small snack or two while feeling the trip

-As far as comfort and entertainment, you'll wanna select and queue up music, movies, or tv you'll wanna watch before you become too disoriented to do it easily.

-have a comfy place to do this where you wont be disturbed. sometimes dxm gives you these sea legs that will make it hard to get up and walk around. you may find yourself overwhelmed by this sensation to the point of complete inability to walk or even move. Dont panic, this is normal and WILL go away after a while

-Dont let all these things worry you, and remember that sometimes its okay to have a bad trip. My best trips on dxm were getting lost in the city, crashing strange parties, and talking with cops even. Buy the ticket, take the ride!

Oh and I forgot to mention, but this is the most important part: DONT TAKE THE FUCKING GUAF YOU RETARD JUST BUY REGULAR DXM GEL CAPS YOU LITERAL FUCKING MONGOLOID YOU WILL DIE SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY AND FOR EVERY SECOND OF AGONY YOU WILL RELIVE THE MOMENT YOU DECIDED TO TAKE THE GUAF ANYWAY