Warcraft

Where the fuck is all of the hate for this movie coming from?
Besides the minor discrepancies, random Chinese blood elf, and racemixing it was extremely interesting, great story that leaves room for a sequel that is most welcomed, nostalgic and great action.

Ten thousand times more fantasy and well done than The Hobbit, CGI was within reasonable limits and not obnoxious like the dwarf CGI, get to see some magic for once in a fucking lifetime.

Wow man wow. What dickheaded casuals critiqued this movie professionally.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsd7Ihgl4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=luuUE0x7-TY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The movie came 10 years too late.

THANK YOU! I have been looking for a decent quality image of this Warcraft poster (Hated the official version that they released).

If they make a sequel more focused on the dwarfs and elves then I will be interested

I'll agree with this but that still doesn't make it bad.

I fucking hate that people who have never played any of the games will critique it poorly and understand nothing.

U wot m8

>CGI was within reasonable limits and not obnoxious like the dwarf CGI

I laughed so hard I woke up my Mom

What I meant is that it didn't try to look like something it wasn't: real.

You saw those Fucking dwarves and orcs. At least Warcraft stays true to the fucking game for fucks sakes which is all that matters. The Hobbit was just lazy.

1/2 of it was great (orcs), the other half was boring (humans)

out of a summer of shitty movies this one actually stood out as good.

the hate comes from fucking plebs who only played WOW

Its fucking bizarre, the movie follows WC really well

>Durotan?
>Uthur?

wheres the dark elves?

fucking children

True. And I was surprised at how there were blood elves but no night elves. Maybe I forgot a part of the game.

Well they have so many expansions I'm sure they can keep going. Hopefully it's in a very fantasy diverse direction.

>U wot m8
Pic related is a shit poster. I hate the blue and red. The one you posted is far better

I really can't wait for them to work on a sequel.
It's been so long since I've legitimately enjoyed any fantasy most really. Not even the last couple of Harry Potto movies were enjoyable.

the movie is based entirely in post-wow retcons, what are you talking about?

Garona is not even green there ffs

Yeah but don't get too hyped for a sequel. It won't be out until probably 6 years time.

And then a sequel after that may be 3-4 years.

Going to take too long for them to come out and for a Warcraft movie series to be completed. I doubt Duncan will direct all of them.

The acting was terrible. It's honestly some of worst acting i've seen from a feature length film, just as bad as television acting.

That hurts friendo. I won't be young forever. Why do they need to do that.

I think whats confusing people is the usage of the word "high quality" in connection with "400x600"

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8

Well the green skin was CGI but yeah I find it funny how on the official poster she isn't green at all.

Comes to show you how little dedication they had with making this.

Nothing against Duncan. He was very dedicated with it but the set design people and green screen effects guys really needed to have made it a lot better.

>Nothing against Duncan.

Why not? he was clearly just there for a paycheck.

well that is legit the only "high quality" imagine I can find of that poster.

I may try a reverse image search to see if I can find another.

btw I swear there is a 3rd poster too which is greyish and goldish over all the characters. Looked really cool. Again it is so hard to find a decent quality for that one.

Whoever thought the blue and red poster was a good idea needs to be fired

No way. He really wanted to make the best video game film that he could. All his interviews never feel that he just cared about money... and just like this user said
The film should have come out earlier. This was only a film made for video game fans not an audience who had never played the games.

Just look at the box office score. It would be suicide to market this film to non video game fans.

>based entirely in post-wow

see what I mean?

its from wc3 m8, fucking kids

the sequel would introduce ogres death knights and trolls, night elves don't show up till 3

those weren't blood elves they also don't show up till the expansion to 3, fuck no wonder this movie bombed the fanbase is retarded

I haven't played the game in 6 years you fucking faggot of course I don't remember half of what's going on. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna hate the movie. Most people like another user said haven't gotten past level 20 trial in WoW and have even less of a clue than I do

It got hate purely because it's a video game movie. That automatically subtracts 2-3 points from the score.

I just want to see a Third War adaptation. The creeping, Gothic fantasy zombie apocalypse of Lordaeron would be great to see. The fall of Arthas, too. Sort of like Anakin Skywalker's arch in the prequels, but not utter dogshit.

>past level 20 trial in WoW

who the fuck cares about WOW it is completely irrelevant to the movie, which is based on WC 1 with yes ret-cons to include the lore added in 3

it never touched on WOW, you fucking goldfish, fuck I hate kids

GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN

FUCK YOU I WAS POOR AND WOW WAS ALL I COULD AFFORD YOU PIECE OF SHIT

I was even poorer, and couldn't even afford wow, I played WC 1, 2 and 3 and understood the movie perfectly

I lived in government housing with niggers and it was infested
You were not poorer than me my computer could barely run WoW

Had to read wiki for chopped up storylines

ah bro, me too cept I suspect i'm much older then you, you realize 1 ,2 and 3 came out long before wow right? believe me you could've played 3, me I loaned out a copy from the game store and copied that shit, warcraft 3 was THE game and before that it was starcraft of course and before that wc 2 all these games were the fucking bomb, and you could play them on a cardboard box.

I couldn't afford the game or the internet to play WoW

Yeah but I couldn't even run Warcraft even if I did want to play it and learn the storyline proper. I had to make a decision. Just because I didn't play it when it came out doesn't mean you couldn't buy it any other time I just couldn't afford to buy it any other time
I live paycheck to paycheck now
Just so much I can't afford and I'm quite sure WC is a game worth playing maybe I'll afford it some other time

I had no idea there was any hate for Warcraft. I though nobody gave a shit.

start with 3, you could get it free of course, or if you insist on buying its maybe $5 and worth it, top notch strategy game, 2 is a lot of fun as well, I suspect 1 would be far too aged now to enjoy

>I suspect 1 would be far too aged now to enjoy
For a gamer there is no such thing as too aged. Thanks for the advice. I will search for it asap.

>It got hate purely because it's a video game movie.

This

>those weren't blood elves

considering WoW retconned magic to be meth and high elves to be meth addicts, and the movie makes the high elves look like meth addicts, yes, those were blood elves. As blood elves == high elves.

Night elves lived on Kalimdor back then you fucking nugger.

It's very clearly a worse movie than all 3 Hobbit movies and that's saying a lot.

d-do you have more of these cute webms?

u wot m8. go watch the blizzcon 2013 and 2014 panel for the movie. he was clearly interested in doing a warcraft movie because he was a fan and he wanted to see a movie about warcraft done properly. the final result left much to be desired but the studios also played a part in fucking it up. 40 minutes cut from the movie, jesus christ. they didn't even let him show lots of stuff that he did. go watch the trailers and the comic con footage. there's a shit ton of stuff that didn't make it. they just released a deleted scene of the orcs discussing about the fel magic and that one scene alone cleared up lots of stuff, and gave some breathing room. i'm not saying duncan's perfect either. the golem fight was kinda lame and the human cast was very average, but you can tell he was trying to inject some of wow's atmosphere into the movie throughout. the forest fight was excellent. they also fucked up medivh's character. i thought ben foster was pretty good but i bet some of that 40 minutes that got cut out had to do with his character. what you see in the movie was the bare bones version of basically every character. though i thought gul'dan was really well done.

again this was wc3 that did that, FT to be specific

Not cute but just more behind the scenes

it was fucking shit with shit script, acting, set and costume design. Fucking mess of an ugly film

>tfw a casual knows more about the lore then hardcore fans

if you tards could just forget about WoW for aminute you'd realise how accurate this was

two things changed really garona genuinely switched sides in the game, or was a double agent all along, and gul-dan never got into a boxing match, that was sweet tho

oh and no guns till 3

I think moreso it's because it's adapting from a shit property with terrible lore, art direction, designs, etc...

There is nothing redeemable in the pile of shit.

>nothing redeemable
objectively incorrect

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsd7Ihgl4Q

yeah i love this stuff, thank u user

fuck this scene was good. especially orgrim's speech at the end. that kinda made me tear up in the cinema not gonna lie

o noes cgi orc is dying

I know heartbreaking,

damn good shit

i cared more for that cgi orc than any other character in the movie. really makes you think huh

>gul'dan takes off his cloak and is fucking huge under it
That got me, I looked at him as a decrepid mage the whole movie and then he's fucking massive..

>implying they could make orcs 10 years ago

WC3 came 14 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=luuUE0x7-TY

the cost dude, those scenes cost a fucking fortune theirs a reason they were voted best cutscenes for years after

THE FEL GIFT EMPOWERS YOU

It was fucking boring.
Acting sucked.
Emphasis on GREEN JESUS

fucken WHAT
FUCKEN WHAT

movie is based on WC1

ffs

orcs will destroy human capital, then humans united will subjugate orcs and turn them into slave race and only then it'll be WC3

come fucking on

no they weren't

before the destruction of sunwell the concept of 'blood elves' has literally no meaning

I agree it was better than Hobbit but that doesn't say much.

And yeah, I had a blast with it. Never played the RTS Warcraft games so it's my first experience with the Lore. I had fun with it.

>tfw your king is half nigger

It sucked as a movie and as a fan piece. Go fuck yourself.

Doesn't she still regret killing the king since he was genuinely nice to her in the game?

Also I'm fine with the gun since it showed that Orc get his hand blown off.

>the dwarves provide guns but don't fight
>mfw Warcraft dwarves are pussies to the nth degree

I thought dwarves looked forward to fights as much as orcs. Magni is a pussy ass faggot.

Lord of the Rings came out in 2001

>Leaves room for a sequel

It was complete sequel bait, at least with lotr there was already an established book/story. Here it just feels desperate for a franchise.

Vidya lore doesn't take for established story btw, no one gives a fuck

Don't you mean queen?