Bandcamp Thread

Whelp, the last one just fell to the archives like those before it. At 99 posts too, just shy of a hundred.

Let's go. Give some feedback and listen to some good tunes.

QOTD: Where did your band/artist name come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
rrrvvvnnn.bandcamp.com
daremr.bandcamp.com/
erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul
naw-official.bandcamp.com/album/black-ep
bluehole.bandcamp.com
youtu.be/BLWdBuLIXqw
tedrichlendum.bandcamp.com/album/the-american-dream
tidepoolsmusic.bandcamp.com
separatorofficial.bandcamp.com
ghostslime.bandcamp.com/
doomloops.bandcamp.com/track/folie-deux
soundcloud.com/foliagemusic/silence-1
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence
whitecrowco.bandcamp.com/album/compositions-2016-2017
pinkpots.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times-forthcoming
nakamurapunto.bandcamp.com/album/invierno
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/track/matthew-11-28
wackysoutherncurrent.bandcamp.com/releases
play.spotify.com/artist/0zrkuqxllRnnbqH5oahFVh
etherealtalks.bandcamp.com/album/be
blazethecat.bandcamp.com/album/the-crystal-gems-protect-steven-at-all-costs
morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music
morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/album/wolkenforst
aleczandah.bandcamp.com/album/natureboi-e-p
vapourmind.bandcamp.com/
nyegenyegetapes.bandcamp.com/
motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind
yamir.bandcamp.com/
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p
johnathanarce.bandcamp.com/releases
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
memeskole.bandcamp.com/album/artery-cum-discerptio
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream
jacobhutto.bandcamp.com
thefullmontesquieu.bandcamp.com/album/drollotics
pueblosd.bandcamp.com/track/instinct-anthony
soundarchitects.bandcamp.com/album/in-time-of-need
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/dusze-final-very-raw-demo
25lighters.bandcamp.com/
evanfrawley.bandcamp.com/album/the-death-of-a-rock-n-roll-dream
youtube.com/watch?v=QWpRvqR88vE
michaelgerwatowski.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

leftinthesun.bandcamp.com

>kinda shoegaze
>kinda post rock

my bands first ever released thing, and an ep is coming out in a couple days, hope ya enjoy

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze with some emo and post rock vibes, real fuzzed out
>ffo: pinback, alex g, have a nice life (not my comparisons but other peoples)
>free as fuck so take it

>QOTD: Where did your band/artist name come from?

Feels weird replying to my own question, but yeah. Mine came from Bill Watterson, dude who created the Calvin and Hobbes comics. Just seemed right. Really dark, but also nostalgic as hell, funny, and unlike anything else. Eh, maybe someday I'll get there. Dude is a huge inspiration, especially that he stopped "because I had nothing more to say." Uncompromising.

rrrvvvnnn.bandcamp.com

>lofi house
>new age(?)
>synthpop
>electronica
>analog

love/hate/rate it will come back to give feedback when theres more people

the name is just the initials of my name with a V in the middle lmao, like a little arrow

Darem

daremr.bandcamp.com/

>Lo-Fi sound
>Instrumental Hip-Hop
>Perfect for sunsets
>Madlib vibes
>Flylo vibes

Recs & feedback
Nice track, like the guitars a lot. I hope you could share us your EP in the future.
beautiful
Cool work dude, keep working on it!

Taxxons are an alien species from Animorphs, a y/a sci fi book series from the 90s. They're large centipede like monsters that have to eat all the time. Eric is completely random, I thought it sounded cute. A name-like moniker doesn't really have any genre connotations.

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/paul

>ambient pop
>romance
>warm

Always appreciate feedback.

rec

back for hot takes, probably getting to bed soon

Just listened. I like the dark vibe a lot, kinda coldwave feel going on. Liking the understated vocals. These drums though...good god, these drums are atrocious. The way they're mixed and the general sound is really grating and overpowering. The bit at 2:40 is probably my favorite part, kinda want some wailing vocals over top though, leaves me wanting as is. Overall it's a good start, just...is your drummer the one mixing this? I can't figure out why the drums are in the spot they are. Cutting some of the high frequencies would help a lot.

Listened to Lateshift. I like this intro a lot, that's a Rhodes right? I want one so bad, probably just ought to use a VST. Kinda wish this didn't go in the direction it did though, the synth part in particular feels way too over-the-top and a little wanky. This got me into a mood where I'm trying to feel nostalgic, and it's just over there doing its own thing. It got way too happy for me in general. Call that taste, but yeah. Intro built it up and the rest felt like poor songwriting comparatively.

I've listened to this before, some of the best beats on Sup Forums and possibly outright THE best. Listen to it.

Animorphs was my SHIT man, I feel like I should have figured that out. That, Redwall, and (funnily enough) Calvin and Hobbes were most of what I read pre-middle school.

Hey everyone!

naw-official.bandcamp.com/album/black-ep

New EP released, although nothing new from me, just a bunch of unreleased tracks i wished i released sooner

Neon Clouds

bluehole.bandcamp.com

>Psychedelic
>Space Rock
>Noise Pop
>Shoegaze
>One Man Band
>I Sing Now
>Music To Watch Rain Fall To
>Also Music To Bake In The Sun To
>Basically Music For Every Season But Spring
>Fuck Spring

N E W R E C O R D

My brother made me a music video! Watch it here: youtu.be/BLWdBuLIXqw

I'm slightly obsessed with the ocean, rain, and most water related things, (S/O Water Overdose), and when reading about underwater caves I discovered the blue hole in Belieze, a huge underwater cave that looks like a big, blue hole from an aerial view. I thought it was beautiful and some of the songs I was writing at the time seemed like they would fit well being played in the caves, reverberating off the rock walls, a lot of my stuff has that feeling. Look up pictures of the blue hole caves, it's fantastic.

Rec:

tedrichlendum.bandcamp.com/album/the-american-dream

HAPPYFOURTH

AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA

Released a new single, would love feedback

tidepoolsmusic.bandcamp.com

>indie
>Jangle pop
>dream pop
>female vocals

reccs
Like your music. What DAW do you use?

oops

separatorofficial.bandcamp.com

>Minimal
>Instrumental

New EP in the works.

I was in need of a name because I wanted to restart after making Analytics. I was listening to Radiohead and Separator showed up, I thought it was a cool name. Then I rearranged my shit into Perhaps.

Recs

What do you do when you look for music in Bandcamp ? I have no idea how to even start

I actually use Audacity to record (have a Saffire USB interface that works alright, AT2020 and SM57 mics), just because I find it more intuitive and quick, and then I use Reaper for mixing because I dig the built in tools.

I'm liking this stuff. Catchy melody. Feel like the mixing could be better and I'd loooove to hear a second guitar in there, but it's got potential for sure. I like the lyrics. Liked on FB, are you planning on releasing an EP or anything sometime in the future?

You're right. Looked that up. It's real gorgeous.

Btw, listened to the rest of your album - the kick only seemed obnoxious in that first song desu. The rest sounded really good. What's the album cover btw? It reminds me of rain on a windshield.

Been putting this off because I tend to hate most "minimal" stuff, but this is actually pretty loaded with sounds compared to what I was expecting. Some of it feels really midi-esque (that intro especially, oof) but the next two songs were alright. Pretty jazzy.

ghostslime.bandcamp.com/

>punk
>emo

Yeah man I agree about the mixing! I usually use logic but right now i only have access to the really basic level of ableton. Hopefully I'll be able to remix it soon.

Yeah, I've been working on a 4-5 song EP with the other people in my band for like maybe two months now. I think we're gunna finish it before the year ends. It'll probably sound similar to the sound/style dominoes has

doomloops.bandcamp.com/track/folie-deux

>lo-fi indie
>dream pop
>post-punk

first release I've put out with some shows on the horizon, pretty excited.

qotd: it's a statement of fact, also a depressing fictional cereal.

recs:

That's what it reminded me of too, it's actually a picture of a glass shower door lol

Well, I label it as Minimal because it tends to be repetitive, like I make a nice sounding melody or chord progression and put some constantly changing drums on it, not minimal yet, but it fits the category. Thanks for listening!

Man, Lateshift is great! I owe you a thank you for following me on SoundCloud. :D

This song is called "Silence", the title track to the new Foliage record of the same name.
Love
soundcloud.com/foliagemusic/silence-1

>Indie
>Jangle Pop
>Dream Pop
>Post-Punk

Pre-Order here:
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence

coming back to reccc

it's a rhodes vst man by the way

Listened to that song just now (Dominoes), has way better mixing for sure. Looking forward to the EP

Glad to hear I'm not just crazy haha

whitecrowco.bandcamp.com/album/compositions-2016-2017

>Slow bleepbloop

rec

pinkpots.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-and-times-forthcoming
>indie rock, lo-fi, emo, pop punk, synths
Behold the tales of me complaining about my life starting to suck through VSTs, circuit-bended keyboards and guitars. If you like it, there's tapes available.

Third album is on its way. It'll be a double album. If I don't put it out on a label then expect it before the end of the year or something

If only to recommend

>Where did your band/artist name come from?
i was high as fuck and was impressed by the expansion of the sponge i was about to use.

I really like those plucky synths laying around the pads. Gonna give a better listen tomorrow.

nakamurapunto.bandcamp.com/album/invierno
>lo-fi
>soft-noise
>ambient
>poetic i guess?

Just an album I'm working on. Made two tracks, Claustrofobia, and Caminata hacia el Mar, so I could really use some feedback on them.

Senpai. I love your shit. Been listening to that album for a while along with Pale Cocoon from _whtspce_

Amazing release, very comfy

.usual rec

QOTD: I've used a lot of artist names in the past, but I'm currently using my own name, because I feel that the album I'm making rn is very personal, and I have no intentions to "mask" my name behind an alias, or a persona.
Shit reasons, I know.

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

speakewithpeacemthr1.bandcamp.com/track/matthew-11-28
>first track with piano
>song of self pity
>cringey emo spoken word
Honestly idk why I haven't given up yet.

wackysoutherncurrent.bandcamp.com/releases

>ambient-rock, instrumental, indietronica, soundtrack, dungeon, morricone-ish, modern classical, slow core, art-rock

enter zero or more!
all discography at name your price

download, listen, share, rate!

play.spotify.com/artist/0zrkuqxllRnnbqH5oahFVh

A: it is how someone described the philosophy of Julius Evola

Recs

>etherealtalks.bandcamp.com/album/be

What do you know about portable music? The idea is great but there is not enough releases. So, every track on the album was made on the go (no matter if it was a crowdy street or midnight bus, urbanistic cities or deep nature).
Of course, before recording we tried to dig through some obscure places to record the EVP and other wierd stuff to mix it. If you find something unnatural don't be afraid electronic voice is believed to be a myth, digital artifact or a kind of city legends and who knows how real it is. Thanks for listening ;)

>electronic/lo-fi/hauntology
Strongly recomended stuff:

hey if you love steven universe you'll love me album too. PROTECT STEVEN!

my album name comes from tthe dragon ball kind of titles but with a steven universe spin on it

blazethecat.bandcamp.com/album/the-crystal-gems-protect-steven-at-all-costs

morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music

>experimental and gritty

morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/album/wolkenforst

>neoclassical, 10 years ago

Recommended!

aleczandah.bandcamp.com/album/natureboi-e-p some new shit I dropped today

>vaporwave
>plunderphonics

And my real name is Alexander so I changed up the spelling a bit in an effort to look cool

shitty aesthetics
misguided attempt to sound cool by shoehorning millenial hip-hop speak into your project name

this shows a general misunderstanding of vaporwave's themes and goals and a lack of interest in your own project

which is unsurprising coming from a guy who looks like an Arab wannabe-drug dealer and has an album called "No Effort Required".

Sorry but you're gonna have to put some effort to break in the vapor game.

>tfw I've used the same name since 1997 and booked for the largest music festival in my country

Thanks for the review though!

Says more about that festival than about you.

well maybe it's time to adapt it to the music you're making, cause vaporwave isn't about the artist.

Well he is from Uganda after all.

Can't expect Uganda to be home to the best electronic producers of the continent.

vapourmind.bandcamp.com/

my name came from this weird idea I had that our minds work kind of like clouds of vapour, one thought is always abstractly connected to the other in some way, but it's also very loose and floaty. something like that :)

>Can't expect Uganda to be home to the best electronic producers of the continent.

You'd be surprised:

nyegenyegetapes.bandcamp.com/

Oooh I really like this, especially UnseenWanderer. Will add this to my "music to smoke to" playlist.

motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind

>bedroom folk
>singer-songwriter
>bits of american primitive guitar and slowcore
>hot tub music

I think I got the idea of something motel related from the Smog song 37 Push Ups which mentions a "winter-rate seaside motel". Then I just attached "Guide" because something about a guide for motels makes me laugh.

recomendaciones:
and lel I always assumed those were y'alls actual names
Been meaning to listen to this cuz of the hedgehog. This kind of minimal produced electronic stuff is pretty far out of my wheelhouse but this seems well done. The calculated usage of percussion in Instead is really effective. I kind of wish there were stronger melodies through out the songs to really kind of anchor the listener, though I get how that might just be outside the conventions of the genre you're working in.

yamir.bandcamp.com/
>noise rock, experimental rock
>ambient, spacey reverb stuff with guitars and every sine wave imaginable
>also a "microhouse" or "minimal techno" EP if youre more into electronic music
>highly advised to listen to with headphones

Read an interview conducted by Jakub Tabor! (if you like to laugh at poseurs this is a good read)
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1

>I want to rate your music!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

>I want to listen to you on Spotify!
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p

>Where did your band/artist name come from?
its my name
i figured it was kinda unique and cool but turns out theres a more popular yamir that makes better pop music and people associate my name with india and call me pajeet :(

please. fix the drums.

(hilarious origin name)
(no recs? sad!)
^
the recs

bump-a-reeno

johnathanarce.bandcamp.com/releases
>experimental
>instrumental
reccs

Hey everyone!

>Where did your name come from?
Shum literally means noise in Russian and other Slavic languages lol
Gub is a nickname I was called in 9th grade
Phobos just sounds badass for a metal band. It's the personification of fear and the moon of Mars.

the boys:
The drums feel too sloppy for this cold post-rock sound the mix suggests.
Also, the compression and the harsh high frequencies are hard to bear
a cold one:
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
>S p a c e y A m b i e n t
>L u s h P s y c h e d e l i c S o u n d s c a p e s
>M o n o l i t h i c G u i t a r D r u i d R i t u a l s
>W a l l s O f S o u n d

>ffo Keiji Haino

Fáradt a hegy - next month

>goregrind
>gorenoise
download includes a bonus cover song

trash

trash

trash

trash

just when I was starting to think these threads were getting better.

>goregrind
>gorenoise

like, you're in no fucking position to be calling other's people stuff trash lmao

what is it? can't handle the ultimately best music genre? :^)

New album with instumental solo:

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon

>instumental
>eletronic clarinet
>vapor

old album, CD AVAILABLE:

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream

>synthwave
>Dream
>Vaportrap
>Chillwave

>ghostslime.bandcamp.com/
i love you kling boys

here

if any of you are still checking into this thread, we havent thanked anyone directly yet but we really really appreciate the feedback, we and the ep coming are better for it, thank you all so much

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Buds
(Why Gub?)

It's literally just my name.

thefullmontesquieu.bandcamp.com/album/drollotics
>noise pop, avant-jazz, abstract
>sax, vox, drums, harmonica

yeah im still not into jangle pop sorry
its mixed a bit quiet, and not much happens desu
i like the milk psych influence, turn it up a bit next time and make me NUTT

reccs:

WHOOPS

bump

apump

looks like the other two got deleted. probably reported by the guy who kept bumping a clearly dead thread

sad times :( i had some nice feedback on one of em

pueblosd.bandcamp.com/track/instinct-anthony

band name came from a bar in mexico we used to party a lot at

>lofi garage fuzz rock

I'll bring muffins to the thread tomorrow of we can manage to get this one to 150 posts

soundarchitects.bandcamp.com/album/in-time-of-need

>post-rock
>instrumental
>sounds like deafheaven + GY!BE

not my band, but i know a guy who is with the band. worth checking out tho

fuck off

Those previous ones were 100% better guys...

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/dusze-final-very-raw-demo

>The exact thing you expect
>Only it's actually not

bump

hare.bandcamp.com

It's all unfinished stuff. I just don't have the space to create right now and I've been sitting on these for a few years

>qotd
Watership Down

I'll be listening to stuff in this thread for a while.

AP Macroeconomics here. I get my name from a notebook I borrowed from one of my friends in high school to write lyrics in. He never wanted it back so I kept it and used the class name as my band name.

Whoops, I always forget to answer the qotd.

It's a thing that popped into my head one day and then it stuck. It's not the best name but it is my name.

This music is ok, its got a very somber, sometimes creepy vibe. Very gloomy stuff. The singing sounds more spoken word, and i dont know the language, so I'm not much for that.
What a weird, retro sound. Its pretty cool, shows would be fun. Though this does milk the cow a bit before the riff change around 4 minutes which really picks it up.
This was difficult for me to listen to.
Good stuff here. Very into thebtitle track on into the storm. When music is personal and stripped down like this the emotional impact is much better.

I went out to dinner with my grandma while the other threads got deleted, did I get any good feedback

I lost connection for two hours, sorry. :c

my name comes from me looking out a window while listening to music, there's no real story to it
also, i am too lazy to post links

Clarinets good. The plain electronic music actually feels very empty without it. I appreciate thw short form of the songs. It makes every note matter more. Main road is definitely the best track.
Cant into it.
Listened to orlang. It was not what i expected.
Thats ok i found you anyways

Could i ask the two of you what influences your music? Its sort of too...minimal for me i guess?

>could i ask the two of you what influences your music
which two brah

I like your thoughts on music recording and i enjoy your playing. Heartbeat was very good. Did you actually record the siund scapes and the music at the same time or were they recorded separate?
Seems to have no direction.
You and gub.

wow man im listening to your stuff right now and I'm only one song in at the moment but it's great so far

Your voice kind of reminds me of Tokyo Police Club

just negative thoughts i guess

Man i just really like guitar music. The scene you paint here with your playing is one i can see very vivdly in my mind.
Dark Eyed People is a favorite.
Yea this is very good.

>I like your thoughts on music recording and i enjoy your playing. Heartbeat was
I did i recorded everything live. I told my friends to basically play and do what they wanted and it created a really nice atmosphere that could not have been planned out.

Thank you for ur commet!

you have really good ideas i really like it. The mix could of course be better but even so it has a charm to it

Thank you, it really means a lot that you'd say that. I know for a lot of people acoustic based music tends to mesh together and come off kind of one-note, but similarly I really do think its a wonderful instrument and like to spend time writing those guitar parts.

25lighters.bandcamp.com/

IF ANYONE NEED ALBUM ART DONE HMU.

>southern gangsta rap
>memphis hip hop
>bounce
>lo-fi
>phonk

I got like 7 albums on there plus a track. Please listen and tell me what you think I guess. If anybody is serious about collabing let me know. Looking for a go-to MC.

25lighters.bandcamp.com/
25lighters.bandcamp.com/

I needed an alias for to use as a Facebook name so people couldn't find me easily, so I picked TwentyFive Lighters and just started using that as my music name

why are people not noticing this?

This is my debut full length lemme know what ya'll think :)

evanfrawley.bandcamp.com/album/the-death-of-a-rock-n-roll-dream

Still digging this. Listened to it twice at work. My gf likes it a lot too.

For those of you who don't know, I make video reviews on Bandcamp releases every Wednesday. Made my first one over this wonderful album. Check it out: youtube.com/watch?v=QWpRvqR88vE

If you enjoyed it, give the channel a subscribe. It'll encourage me to make more. Also, if you'd like me to possibly review your new album, shoot me a link on Youtube.

this sounds very interesting and unique. great production and mix

I love this, very entertaining and intriguing all the way through, this is one of my favorite things like this that i've heard on Sup Forums yet. will definitely listen to this some more

michaelgerwatowski.bandcamp.com/releases
>church hymns, pop songs, and heavy metal
>lacks drums