You now itch to play it

You now itch to play it.

draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw

>cringe story
>fucked up grinding
>forgettable everything
>gunsword
>"..."
yeah, the only thing I enjoy from final fantasy these days is the soundtrack from VII

no mention of card game
>kys

came to this thread to say
>"inb4 some fag tries to say 8 is not a good game"
but looks like i'm already too late

I replayed it recently. The only thing I enjoyed was the music. Too much boring dialogue I just want to skip because the game makes me hate Squall. Card game makes it worth playing.

XIII was much better!

monica

I have literally never had any desire to play this game. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

VIII made me decide to quit playing any Final Fantasy after VII.

Try XII cause you "haven't" yet

I have to counter this recommendation, it's just as gay and weird as X

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Same, I relapsed for X and boy did I regret it.

Didn't need your post for that. It's always.

FFVIII is like a trap for autistic retards who can't play a game without having to collect every god damned item accessible as soon as possible.

There are only like five spells that have to be drawn, the rest are easily accessible through easier means.

Final Fantasy X was pretty alright up until that moment. Then i cringed into another dimension and haven't been able to play it again.

I wouldn't say itch, but it makes me wish my system worked properly so I could play it again.
I thought it was unique with the junction system.

I didn't really like zells attack system for his limits, but that's just me.
I really liked the parts where they went into Laguna's past, those were always interesting to me.

I didn't like the card game to begin with, but over time it grew on me and I ended up liking it the more I played it.

Overall it wasn't a bad game to me, I've most certainly played worse titles.

Up until what moment?

>be too young to understand game mechanics
>grind like hell cause its fun to find new magics and use limit breaks
>make game impossible cause of levelling system
>wonder for years why the game was so hard and learn to hate it
>come back to it after learning more about it, get to shit about witches and space travel and sorceress mumbo jumbo, quit again and never come back

Not an itch. The GFs were cool though.

You're supposed to grind in jrpgs..

Yikes....Even with the far better graphics jesus 13 sucked.

in VIII the enemies level up with your highest level character, you only need 1000 exp to level up and you can grind pretty hard in the garden before going anywhere.

thus making even normal encounters terribly dangerous since your stats dont level up except for your HP but enemies stats do go up with their level. without access to higher level magic to junction it basically becomes impossible.

IDK why people are so butthurt about this. Ok it's not grand, but it's not "bad" either. It's a bad laugh, but it's on fucking purpose.

Anyone playing XV? I find it to be a complete shit show, can't get into it at all.

100% completed this game. Every possible item, card, weapon, summon and magic.

Loved it then, love it now. Don't care if no one else does.

Friendly remind that in the Japanese Dub Squall does not say "whatever" he just says "sure". Then he goes and does the fucking thing.

Don't forget the happy staircase.

Nope VIII was rubbish

>the enemies level up with you
Not exactly, but there is tiers...

I think many people were put off by the way the game plays out. There is a lot of things to do that can take a lot of time. I went ahead and platinum'd this one but it isn't the best FF out there.

>but there is tiers...
there are

but you get a car, something fans have been basically begging for since FF1

I related to Squall in that I was a friendless loser who did well in schoo. It felt nice being forced to have friends and even a gf who I somehow stumbled into having. The music was great also. I'll be there for you too Rinoa.

>I'll just leave this here...

squallsdead.com

Worst of the lot. Not even close m8.

I swear to God that's the only answer that makes sense. I don't even care if the programmers intended it. Everything was normal until that point.

Why would I want to play the worst FF game ever?

Its not as bad as i thought it would be, the world is pretty big, the story is better than most the other recent FF titles, but it commits 1 cardinal sin that not even 12 or 13 did: the combat sucks.

Say what you will.about 10 12 and 13, but at least they were fun to play, by that i mean the combat was interesting. There was a certain amount of strategy that was required, i thought the combat was fun at least.

15 though is just a big cluster fuck, half the time you have no idea wtf is going on, wtf anyone other than noctis is doing, and oh theres no healing other than with potions aside from that one move that the faggot with the glasses gets, and youre the only one who can use them so you have to play heal bitch most of the time.

Its sad because they really seemed to put a lot of effort into fixing a lot of the other things that people have been complaining about in the recent games, but then they use the worst combat system to date and ruin the rest of it.

>oh theres no healing other than with potions aside from that one move that the faggot with the glasses gets

Not true. You can cast healing magic, use healing items, use skills to heal and use equipment that heals on attack.

The combat is is fun if you don't suck at it.

Never played it. Played III, VI and X. VI is by far the best one of those three

>talking about soundtracks
>still somehow dissing VIII
You have no ear for music.

Didn't like 8. 7 was great. But 6 will go down as my fave. Music was great, plot was great and it was the last one made before graphics started to take center stage.

Nah

>without access to higher level magic to junction it basically becomes impossible
Not a problem since you can refine 100 Tornados before even facing Ifrit.

What healing magic?
What weapons that heal?

I played through the game, did all the hunts, explored the entire map and found nothing of the sort.

Why would you lie on the internet like that?

see pic:

Where in the game is this?

near the end, when gandalf returns to the rickenbacher

Kefka is a better main bad guy then the crazy time traveling space witch and sephroth combined.

I think it is in the 2nd Garden before the 2nd Edea fight. Somewhere on Disc 2 if i remember.

I prefer IX over any other FF to be completely honest. Music was by far the best.

But that Ray Liotta kind of fake laughter is part and parcel of the clumsiness of new relationships

Never noticed that. Neat.

You're full of shit. In one of the dungeons the only method of healing is with using weapons that heal on hit or using magic because items are banned.

Kefka was the worst part of 6

All he did was get lucky, he was in the right place at the right time, he did nothing relevant to the entire story except move a couple statues.

Terrible villian

I actually really liked VIII but find the junction system too easy to break.

>junction best spell to hp
>junction second best to strength
>lower health to yellow
>spam limit breaks

>That horrible ‘Eyes on Me’ song
I was trackin' just fine until this part. Kinda strange that someone who would emphasize dreams so much would dislike this song.

There is no such dungeon in 15

He organized a coup against the emperor, lead the empires armies to key locations such as figaro, doma and narshe and was only rebuked once. he WAS the plot, without him there would be nothing stopping the returners from allying with the other kingdoms and overtaking the emperor

Moving the statues was the last thing he did before the world was ruined. Before that he literally ran the show behind the emperors back. He genocide an entire kingdom by poisoning the water supply, he found a way to get into a world of magical creatures and make them all his bitch, and then ultimately successfully took over the entire planet after decimating the entire surface. No other baddie in FF anything can boast this.

>he did nothing relevant to the entire story
Except, you know, brainwashing Terra as well as being the first experimental Magitek Knight, which was what caused him to go absolutely batshit crazy.

This was actually on purpose.

Try again.

Costlemark Tower. Lvl 99. It has 60 floors where you can't use items.

I agree that he was no the best Villain in Video games in general, but in the FF series? Which one is better?

It wasn't Sephiroth. Fuck you fanboys.

Well, to be fair, Sephiroth's plan would have destroyed the entire planet. I'd say that goes a little beyond most of the villains who simply want to rule it.

Someone is missing a bunch of items.

This. And then NEVER using any of that magic to keep your GF maxed out lol

Best Final Fantasy. Only true patricians will agree.

Agreed. Golbez was better then sephroth and he wasn't even the main bad guy.

Most mature maybe, but 7 is bretty good...

I remember going to a store as a kid to buy VII because of the hype and it wasn't in stock. I ended up buying VIII instead. I'm extremely glad that happened. Played VII later on and thought it was nowhere near as good.

8 has its flaws but to say it is worse than 13 is asinine. The card game is good and the music is some of the best of the series.

Also, the laugh scene in X is a little cringe, but it's not as bad as you edgelords make it out to be. The reaction of Wakka and Lulu show that it is intended to be embarrassing.

something about cross dressing to gain a crime boss' attention you didn't like?

Basically this. Kefka was good in that from the very beginning he is a pure asshole that you hate with no redeeming qualities.

squall got pussy whipped l always thought quistis was the hot one l would have fucked her in the garden if l was squall, she wanted it. Squalls real father was laguna he went to save ellone and left raine, she died afer giving birth to squall and laguna never returned to her he stayed in esthar, ellone went to the orphanage right?

It is cringy as fuck, but the game itself is not bad, played it twice

I always felt that Selphie was the hot one and Rinoa was like that not-as-hot roommate/ex you can't get rid of

The order of final fantasy greatness is in the following order.

1st - 6
2nd - 7
3rd - 4
4th - 9
5th - 10

After 5th it no longer matters. 8 simply isn't on the list because they were more interested in making a game prettier then 7 then actually having a coherent plot.

and laguna fell in love with rinoas mother but he went to war never came back lol laguna was staying in esthar bangin esthar bitches though never even went to go and see squall "time flies"

>mfw VIII, XIII and IV are my three favourite games in the FF series