Is it still cool to hate Em? People still complain that he's "fallen off", but I don't think that's true at all...

Is it still cool to hate Em? People still complain that he's "fallen off", but I don't think that's true at all. His albums like Encore were shit, but you can't say that he's still that bad.

>all i think about
>medicine man
>speedom

Seriously, go listen to his verses on any of those and say that he doesn't have some of the best flows and most intricate lyrics around today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeyfSE_d6YI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He doesn't have the best flows around today. His wordplay is still kinda intricate but at this point, that's all that's really going for him. He's not bad, he's mediocre. He'll never be at the level he was at 17 years ago.

Here's what he has to do:
youtube.com/watch?v=GeyfSE_d6YI

Encore has some of my favorite stuff from Emine, When I'm Gone and Like Toy Soldiers, I wish his discography was more like that, rather than shit like "Without Me"

Without Me is his best intentionally cheesy single.

When I'm Gone wasn't on Encore

When you hear how far rap has moved on since the late 90s, Em sounds a bit old-fashioned now
He's still technically really good but he seems set on s high word count rather than slick wordplay, I still dig him but he does sound a bit out of date
And not really age-appropriate somehow, if that matters
Like he has the style of a young man in the late 90s

>he seems set on s high word count rather than slick wordplay
I don't know, he still packs in a shit ton of syllables in each bar. Seems like he's addicted to that rapgod style shit, like Medicine Man, Speedom, and Best Friend.

His punches aren't that hard hitting anymore, but his rhyme game is much more wicked now.

>Hip hop music
>The king of wiggers

Eminem pretends to be black skinned

that's what i mean though, 500 syllables a line
economy has been a thing since doom got big and em still seems a bit like a (very good) 90s backpacker
like i prefer earl to em, but its almost like apples and oranges at this point

>user pretends to not be retarded

i'm not wrong

chances are you're white, skinny, from a good home with good parents but you like hip-hop because you want to feel like you're street...

I don'tk now, I just don't like "le whacky offensive Eminem" I really liked the "genuine, raw" Eminem, "I Need A Doctor" is another good example.

Or maybe he just likes the music? Stop bringing race into everything!!!

I don't even like Eminem at all, but I like some hip-hop and your criticism is entirely baseless and needlessly racist. Not all hip-hop is about selling drugs and living in the hood. Chances are you're a friendless shithead who tries to criticize others in an attempt to fix a damaged ego

>Not all hip-hop is about selling drugs and living in the hood.
LOL

Tell that to black rappers
That's all they rap about
Oh and jewellery and bishes right?

I'd definitely say the SSLP was his most raw and genuine album. Don't know how familiar you are with his stuff, but I'd definitely check that out if that's the kind of stuff of his you like. Rock Bottom is one of his grittiest and most desperate songs, recorded right before a suicide attempt.

I'm a total stan, so I also like stuff on Encore and his entire discography, but, imo, the SSLP was more real and grounded overall than anything else he put out.

SSLP is a 11/10 masterpiece head and shoulders above anything he has or will put out.
His problem is yelling and sounding hyper. he needs to find that voice that he had in the early 2000s. his pen game is exponentially better than it ever was and hes only improving but it's not gonna mean shit until he stops yelling. also, dre. without dre, he's very mediocre

>hiphop
>masterpiece
Lmao

let alone his verse on "no flavors" by big sean

It's not cool or uncool, no one cares that much about him any more