I was asked by a doom metal band to make them some photos. what are some good doom metal bands photo sets to get inspo...

i was asked by a doom metal band to make them some photos. what are some good doom metal bands photo sets to get inspo? also what is the typical iconography for this style? like forest and mist and such?

pls respond. and stop posting nigger rap.

You pretty much answered to yourself with that Sunn pic. I can't add anything more to this, you should figure it out by that pic alone.

forest mist graves robes

What kind of doom? Forests and mist are more black metal. Plains like in your pic seem more appropriate.

Christian stuff

Why don't you listen to their music and use your imagination to figure out what the imagery should be?

mist is definitely more doom

Graveyards, old statues, cheesy occult magic shit, goats,children, farms etc.

not goats

I take it the name of the band is something like Dopeweed Smoke Monster? Get a bong, put it in front of a gravestone at night, then have someone vape massive amounts of smoke over it.

Make just serious, dark and depressed pics, woth some gothic in it, but without being emo nor gothic.

it heavily depends on what kind of doom they play

this

Anime girls

Take macros of your junk so it's not obvious what it is

No it's Bongforest Dolmen Witch

Agree with you, OP should listen to their music first and see what is their main "theme" around their music

there are two possible themes for doom metal

death and weed

Don't go forests and mist, just go for classic black and white band photo.

There should be doom metal about heavy machinery and industrial themes

stating the obvious, but what a fucking rad photo

If there's a construction site near you I bet it would make some great photos. It really depends on what kind of doom they play though.

It's hard to stick to the usual aesthetics of doom without copying someone. It's beaten to death already.
I suggest you gothic and occult iconography, 70s psychedelic rock aesthetics
also this:

it exists; it's a shitty bandcamp industrial doom project called Of.

And I also tried to make some at home but I have no guitar so I have to use shitty synth patches instead.

you can still have sexual themes, "satanic rituals" theme and apocalyptic themes and other stuff that most metal is about. Saying Doom Metal is all about weed and drugs is untrue.

Op should try these, or see if there is any brutalist architecture around that is in proximity.

I didn't say it was all about weed and drugs, I said it was about death or weed

only works if it's an industrial doom band

if it's not, it's false advertisement

Don't look at any of them. Get inspiration from something completely different so it doesn't look like the same generic shit.

Also

If you it's not especially dark, you could go for a groovier aesthetic like the cover of Earths Primitive And Deadly

talk to the band??

avant garde doom

yeah thought of that, but also wanted to know the established imagery of the niche so i dont divert too much and give it a weird spin to them, these photos should be part of their next album art too.

will use a film camera and very contrasty stock, might go this route.

>brutalist
pretty good call my man. since they label themselves as "avant garde" , it might cut it.