season 2- top tier
season 3 - top tier
season 4 -soap opera tier
season 5 -pleb filler tier
season 6 -insert gay agenda tier
season 6 final episode's top tier

so much filler in season 4 ,5 and 6.

I'm on my second re-watch.

Rewatching it now after seeing it a few years ago.
Can't stand his fucking mother

retard

season 1 is objectively the worst by far and if you dont agree you should honestly stick to breaking bad

his mom is funny user.

>Can't stand his fucking mother
You gotta be kidding, she is the most hilarious character in whole series. She and two chumps who worked for Chris.

She reminds me of my grandmother too much

reasons ?

this show sucked. I thought it would be funny mobstr shit but it was boring as hell Idgaf about his family

>first sitting
season 1 - 8/10
season 2 - 10/10
season 3 - 6/10
season 4 - 7/10
season 5 - 6/10
season 6 - 6/10
>second sitting
season 1 - 9/10
season 2 - 10/10
season 3 - 8/10
season 4 - 7/10
season 5 - 8/10
season 6 - 7/10
>third sitting
season 1 - 10/10
season 2 - 10/10
season 3 - 8/10
season 4 - 9/10
season 5 - 10/10
season 6 - 10/10

Moral of the story: it gets better if you watch it multiple times. Especially season 6 which is quite possibly the best season ending of any tv series.

it was pretty hammy. they hadn't found their rhythm yet

So, what do you guys think about Polly in Comendatori episode? It seems to me that he not really liked italy (either because of too high expectations or because he was alien to native italians) and was genuinely happy to comeback to america. But he lied to others and himself that it was great. Am i right?

Will there ever be a show which manages to match the complexity, depth, humanity and style of The Sopranos?

So fucking depressing knowing there's nothing else out there at the same level.

I love The Wire and it's stronger in certain areas but The Sopranos is just more of a total package.

Just watched Army Of One for the millionth time, the episode with AJ heading to military school and Ralphie sanctioning the murder on Jackie Junior followed by the funeral. So based.

good to watch scenes

Artie
bobby
tonys mom
agent harris
corrado
ralphie
one legged Russian

cant stand guys scenes

Paulie
phil
feech
vito
carmela

Yeah, he probably thought that he's gonna go there and everyone is going to treat him like some god but really the real guidos don't give a shit about anything.

Yes you're correct. Paulie doesn't enjoy Italy because he's not actually Italian. None of The Soprano family are Italian. They're American and all expected to just slip back into the old country like it was some long lost paradise.

Americans are a mongrel breed of people born from a whole heap of different cultures and Tony is the only one who really grasps this after the trip to Italy. It's not necessarily a huge indictment on them as people or anything but it's important for people like Paulie to have that perception challenged.

Carmela is the most well written female character in the history of television. It's always a pleasure watching her. The only reason it can be grating is because literally all women are grating.

fuck off pleb

There is always a small detail in every episode, that i didn't quite catch. Full leather jacket for example: what was in the envelop, that Carmella gave to lawyer chick, that made her write the letter?

sounds like you got a problem with dominant males tbqh senpai

wasnt that just her transcripts? she wrote it because Carmella intimidated her.

Isn't it just Meadow's high school certifications? She wants the lawyer to read them and then write a recommendation letter based on the premise that she actually knows her.

There's nothing sinister in the envelope, Carmela would be retarded to put something like that in writing. She uses non-literal threats to get her way.

I am watching the boxset. season 6 and a season 6 final episodes.

season 6 part1 if you want to call it that is soap opera pleb tier filler garbage.

but it picks up again in the final episode's part 2 of season 6.

This women didn't looked like she give a fuck about Meadows grades, she said that herself. Plus Carmella looked pretty smug in that scene, like she knew that it would work.

Some people are so behind in the race they actually think that they're leading.

You fucking disgust me. I'd like to know how old you are?

Why was AJ such a fuckup?

Who was coming down the stairs at Livia's wake, only to stop and turn back around mid-Janice speech?Shit was creepy af.Was it a representation of Tony's father?

also mentioning you are not supposed to like her. she is a antagonist a.k.a. the bad guy. nuwave children and redditors cant comprehend this.

Top kek's guys calm down its only a tv-show.

season 5 + 6part1 reek of Hollywood agenda's

I'm only up to season 1 episode 11 so use spoiler tags please boys ;) xx

everyone failed him

does anyone know why that guy keeps saying "drinkwater" every time he says his name?

paulie should have been killed off for being a grass to johnny sacks about the joke.

just finished watching the tony +paulie trip to visit beansie, wish tony had killed that little ignorant prick.

It was his alias

don't come in here again.

explain

he's a spoiled brat. also he is borderline retarded.

there was a thread the other day about "sil episodes"

and he has hardly any whole episodes to himself.

the chris coloumbus one + the one when he is acting boss (tonys coma) apart from those he just head nods kek.

what's your point?

>On my third run-through.
>Currently watching season 2, episode 7.
I forgot about how ridiculously arched some of the dialogue was. The philosophical musings are definitely the worst part of the writing.

if you need someone to explain it for you,

well i'm afraid you won't see it. sorry kid.

You sound like a legit retard, your original post made no sense at all.

imagine being so much of a based character you are payed for your presence and to nod your head

sil is a tonys right hand man, and mostly all the other characters get they're own sort of story line episode's, sil just gets a few lines here and there.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE FUCKING SHOW

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT...

>what is Social engineering?.

now fuck off back to the capeshit thread's and let the adults chat shit about the sopranos in peace.

>thread's
>thread is

You still sound like a legit retard.

Then you misunderstand what I meant. I was referring to the more overtly philosophical dialogue that was awkwardly placed into conversations, and often seemed unnatural in the delivery; particularly when it comes from Meadow or the various characters who were supposed to be more sophisticated.

I think it was his first time acting and he wasn't really shown to be majorly flawed so his life wouldn't have been very interesting.

Sil wasn't a real actor. Chase only cast him because he had the look

...THEY PULL ME BACK IN

don't get me wrong user's I like the sil character, just felt he could have had more depth. and I was interested to find out more about what he thinks off tony, seeing as tony is a massive fucking hypocrite.

for example paulie get's the episodes about his mother and aunt, prostate "remember when" talking about tony in the good old days etc

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

You're a retarded cunt.

>soap opera

explain this shit

>its a furio and carmela episode.

>season 6

You've been called out faggot. You can't explain or defend any of your opinions. You're human garbage.

why?

agreed

Is that the newest pre-teen insult ?

No, you cuck.

Fanook

vito + fireman storyline fan detected.

If you think there's anything new about faggot, retard or cunt well that says it all.

Your post gives that impression.

top kek user.

maybe im pretending to be a retard to fit in.

So apparently "Sopranos Thread" means "Gradeschool-tier Banter Thread"

You guys all seem real smart. NOT!

thread officially derailed good job user.

Good. How is the boy?

It seems like most people in this thread were willing to discuss the show. Several people asked you to elaborate on what you said but all they got was social engineering!!!. You're not fitting in at all.

someone getting called on their shit is derailing the thread now?

all I got was some kid calling me a retard.

pine barrens best episode
collage second best episode.

any tony dream season 6 episode = worst

Of course the nigger who can't spell "college" has retarded opinions

Please give a brief explanation of what your problems with the end of season 5 and the first half of season 6 were.

agree

I am inclined to agree but the amount of rage I feel watching Tony's mother and Janice makes me think they are better written.

>Meadow
>sophisticated
Yeah, if you are 19 maybe.

You couldn't call Carmella a good person but they were much worse.

>any tony dream season 6 episode = worst
>not getting the point of the show at all
I can tell you thinking Breaking Bad is one of the best shows of all time.

give one example

Yes, but they are also hilarious to watch and perfectly written.

I'm not disagreeing with you user. I think all the characters on the show were well written and had a good sense of authenticity.

too many guest stars who magically appear all of a sudden ,plenty of filler episodes, plots from previous seasons took a back seat until the last few episode's. Hence why I think its mostly filler.

(see the simpsons episode about new/side characters)

>inb4 simpsons is shit etc example only anons

You can watch seasons 123 complete then a few important episodes from seasons 4,5,and 6 then skip to the final episodes and you wouldn't be missing that much at all.

I haven't even watched breaking bad so fuck you user. top kek

whats the point of the show???

please do enlighten me.

I wasn't suggesting that I personally thought she was sophisticated, dumbass. I meant that she was portrayed as being a more cerebral character (in the end, practically a caricature of an SJW), and like many of the characters who were more learned individuals, her lines were often unnatural and blatantly pretentious. Now, maybe that was just a part of how the writers wanted the audience to perceive her; however, I think it spoke more to the writing, itself, as the cringey pontifications were pretty consistent with all of the "intellectuals" in the show.

You seem upset bro. Last episode is called Made in America and that's the gist of it: A contemplation of pre-dispotion and free choice in America exemplified by Tony. Even in season 1 he keeps mentioning what could have been if he wouldn't be a mobster. The come season was necessary to elaborate on that.

Are you talking about guest stars like the guy who played Uncle Pat or were you upset by Annette Bening showing up in Tony's dream?

>her lines were often unnatural and blatantly pretentious.
That was intentional. 100% sure. Watch her episode with audio commentary.

Well I'm watching it now, and there was just an exchange between Meadow and Tony, where she quotes Madame de Staƫl ("in life, one must choose between boredom and suffering") in response to Tony's criticism of AJ's newfound nihilism (inspired by Camus's The Stranger).

There are a lot of scenes like this which seem a bit contrived, and I can just imagine the writers plucking these things out of a Philosophy for Dummies or some shit.

If were watching to see people get whacked you were watching for the wrong reason.

Can someone explain the pine barrens == best meme? All it literally is is Chris and Paulie being incompetent morons in the snow while also fraying at their relationship. Not to mention unrealistic...Paulie would have lost his foot. I can't even remember the other storyline in it, its not that memorable.

Interesting. I was kind of 50/50 on whether or not it was intentional, and so if that was the case, I guess I think they could've pulled it off with a bit more subtlety.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottle_episode
+Paulie memeing.

Meadow was the most educated person in the family as well as being a spoilt and sheltered young girl, throwing in her 10 cents. The scene rang true to me.