Is Claypool the greatest bassist of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLOLbIYk8Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=FcY_q6RBNIc
youtube.com/watch?v=5y9sdEecbU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Paul Simonon imotbhfam

no

youtube.com/watch?v=PLOLbIYk8Bs

no, Flea is the best

He's definitely one of the best rock bassist. I don't know about best bassist ever. I hope the new album won't be as bad as the Chocolate Factory one. Even Green Naugahyde was kinda disappointing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FcY_q6RBNIc

>best ever
no, but he's way way up there

He's in the pantheon, but not nearly as good as some of his contemporaries or progenitors.

He's certainly one of the most artistically unique. Aside from some of King Crimson's work, I can't really think of any basslines which come close to his in terms of uniqueness or technicality.

The greatest of all time? I wouldn't go that far. It's still a lot of fun, though

pastorius desu

Chocolate Factory would've been great if it wasn't a primus album. It would have been a great primus album if it wasn't so goddamn repetative.

youtube.com/watch?v=5y9sdEecbU8

You can definitely make arguments for it but there are a good number of fantastic bassists in the prog rock community.

underrated guy

Honestly if he didn't do interviews and was reclusive as Claypool he could very well be the best to be quite frank with you famalam ding dong.

Everybody overlooks Squarepusher because he's an idm artist, but his bass skills are insane

Haha no have you HEARD Cliff Burton?!

Maybe not most skilled, but he churns out amazing basslines like it's second nature. Definitely top 5.

jack bruce

No, Larry Graham is.

Kind of hard to judge considering how idiosynractic his technique is. Not to say that he isn't great, but there's more to it than just being able to hammer out complex riffs.

whY the fuck does he look like he smells like cheeseburgers fucking white people

Too bad he wastes his talent in such shitty band

lol

for having talent but making weird random unlistenable shit? then yes

Well if you're talking about rock music
>John Wetton
>Greg Lake
>Geddy Lee
>John Entwistle
>John Paul Jones
>Paul McCartney
>Geezer Butler
>Steve Harris