Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this album? will it be considered a classic in 20 years?

now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on this album? will it be considered a classic in 20 years?

better than it was hot, not as good as mount eerie

A masterpiece, despite a bit of filler here and there. No idea what it will be considered, for me it's one of the better albums I've ever listened to. The first 3 tracks are pure bliss.

arguably true. Mount Eerie is also great. Much tighter, more focused. Doesn't reach the same heights, imho, though.

it's already considered a classic?

Its a brilliant album for the same reasons as ITAOTS, a technically poor album which compensates for such with considerable emotion and world-class lyricism. Love the distorted guitars and all around lo-fi quality as well, gives a great sense of tension juxtaposed by the ambient sections and sweeter acoustic ballads.

/thread

never quite understood why people say it has poor production.

i mean the album feels like it was made in a bedroom definitely but still it sounds great.

the production is very innovative and creative and the exact opposite of technically poor.

what do you mean by technically poor?

~le sad white boy - core

The heck if I know, I just spout shit that other people on this board say if they sound knowledgeable about the subject so I can pretend to understand music theory and play an instrument thereby eliminating the guilt of being inept at everything but the clarinet (the most pointless instrument of all time) despite using this board. When I say technically I mean like the guy strums three or something chords according to some /mutant/ who said it was "DCE meme chords", 'course I know what that means now though I know shit about production. Ignore my existence, I'm pathetic.

IIIIIIII TOOK MY SHIRT OFF

t. Kendrick fan

It's great, but Mount Eerie is better. The Glow Pt 2 is still in the 9 territory for me.

my thoughts as well
I'm more likely to recommend the glow pt 2 just because it's more accessible though

the first song is fucking lit

Did it really take 16 years for the dust to settle?

amazing album. a little fillery at times but even those tracks are enjoyable.

Hell yeah this is an undisputed classic now. It has a unique blend of styles mixed well with interesting instrumentation. This, plus the existential lyrical themes mixing life, love, depression, and death establish a perfect tone of sentiment. Phil also happens to be an incredible song writer with songs both catchy and complex

It is actually technically good, especially from a production standpoint

I Want Wind To Blow is great, but I don't understand the fuss over the next two songs. The rest of the album is so much better.

subhuman

~le everyone on this website - core