twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is it wickedness is it weakness you decide

LOYALTY LOYALTY LOYALTY

>If she was flavor, I won't save her
>No taste buds, ho, later!
>Fuck you lookin' at, hater?
>I saw them eyes like an ass raper

"All I want is to breathe"
although after dropping it I did repick it up a month later and now it's one of my favourite albums

Whenever I hear japanese vocals. I cannot take that seriously.

I couldn't drop this fast enough after hearing that shit. Easilyone of Ems worst verse.

>So I wuz
Stopped right there

>look at album cover
>don't listen

Twitter-core nigger rap is so fucking annoying. When is this shitty trend going to die already?

I also cannot believe that faggots like Fantano get behind this shit and claim it is some sort of "cornerstone of modern innovation" or something". Shit is just gross and extremely low-brow, I don't care if they throw in random brass sections or not.

same. even worse is something like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYgZolLini4

>Twitter-core nigger rap
lmao

>faggots like Fantano get behind this shit and claim it is some sort of "cornerstone of modern innovation"
did you even watch his review of this album? he didn't say anything close to that

>Shit is just gross and extremely low-brow
*tips fedora*

>I don't care if they throw in random brass sections or not.
there are no brass sections on DAMN. or on any kendrick album as far as I know, what the fuck you on

not him but have you heard For Free?

Anthony cited Kendrick Lamar as being notable innovation in modern music in his response to PJW.

Kendrick Lamar is objectively low-brow trash. All of the lyrics and aesthetics are focused around ghetto culture.

>there are no brass sections on any of Lamar's albums
I referred to this song because it is the most interesting thing I've ever heard him do, and it is still absolute trash.
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTYgq4EoRo

You're a dipshit kid, get back to Sup Forums

>nigger spotted

90% of the time Sup Forums-tards cannot even construct an argument and just cry with 5-word responses when you post on here.

>n-no t-there is plenty of innovation going on in hip-hop! They started mixing in other instruments and filming music videos with moody filters! It is so intelligent that it appears low-brow

ok brainlet

t. Faggot that needs to stop posting before he gives himself a stress ulcer

t. brainlet with no argument

There's no way you're over 14.

>90% of the time Sup Forums-tards cannot even construct an argument and just cry with 5-word responses when you post on here.

this desu.

>pleb
>contrarian
>fuck off to Sup Forums or reddit
>hi dad
>fedora
>normie

never seen any different replies from these above. people here are so insecure that they use such insults to feel important anytime someone disagrees with them.

>Kendrick Lamar is objectively low-brow trash. All of the lyrics and aesthetics are focused around ghetto culture.
Not even a big Kendrick fan, but check out this video essay, puts his work into a different perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=dxCvWtt4dKU

This is the gayest fucking post ever

The sad thing is I am sure you are between the ages of 20-30, one year of community college under your belt and you work retail. The inability to construct ANY argument at all is usually a trait of these types of people.

They're literally just unintelligent. They don't have a clue what they're talking about, they just kinda throw random stuff out there. They just sort of browse pitchfork-tier music publications/obscure bandcamp music pages and sort of parrot bits and pieces of today's artistic narratives that they have constructed from skimming random shit.

If you say something that does not align with this vague artistic narrative, they just respond with a vague ad-hominem attack. This board is boring garbage full of young depressed retards.

t. completely asinine pleb that can't handle a bit of good fun

Sorry, forgot we weren't allowed to actually discuss perspectives of an artists' work. Here, let me try and save face with this epic meme.

This is the saddest part of twitter-core nigger rap.

These naval-gazing commentators try to intellectualize something that is completely void of any intellectualism and try to give meaning to something that is very shallow and 1-dimensional.

2:03 is the climax of pretentious stupidity in this video. The point where it is completely transparent that this commentator is absolutely full of it. This British fag actually cites some stupid nigger's quote saying
>If you listen, to MUH FLOW, I just like, come up with styles like, bun du-du-du-dun, but i juss do it with lyrics so it's like *incoherent nigger mumble*

It's seriously verging on parody.
>Kendrick's identITY- cuts to woman shaking ass near a car
>rambling about abstract ideas about splitting your personality in the characters created as a musician

This stupid fucking idea could be applied to absolutely anything. Most artists play characters. There is absolutely nothing intellectual about any of the content this try-hard is commentating, you know it because everytime he cites something with a soundclip, it sounds like a 5th grader rambling.

>The sad thing is I am sure you are between the ages of 20-30, one year of community college under your belt and you work retail. The inability to construct ANY argument at all is usually a trait of these types of people.

>If you say something that does not align with this vague artistic narrative, they just respond with a vague ad-hominem attack.

>nig rap
>good in any possible way
choose one

>All of the lyrics and aesthetics are focused around ghetto culture.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5YNiCfWC3A

Every time

How dense are you that you can't appreciate an artists work in their life? He raps about what he knows and lived, like any good artist does. That is what he lived, it isn't anyones fault but yours for not liking it.

>not skipping all eminem verses before they start
album was still garbo though

>he makes music about his life experiences!

Who cares? The majority of musicians do this. Doesn't mean he says anything half way interesting or insightful about his life experiences. Just more nearly incoherent retard rambling about generic "black experiences"

You dropped Bowie's best album?

>Nigger spotted, brainlet
>"ugh why can't Sup Forums construct brilliant arguments like me gawd"
Wow, now this really made me think

Thats the best part though

>SHE SAYS BRIEF THINGS HER LOVE'S A PONY

You typed all of this shit, but aside from various criticisms of the reviewer, your entire argument basically boils down to "it's one dimensional" (a virtually meaningless statement) and "it's not intelligent." Prove to us in some objective way that the meaningless horseshit which artists in your favorite genre ramble about is more significant or "intelligent" than some random 17 year old drill rapper talking about the hood or whatever. For fucks sake, people make posts like this as if 95%+ of popular music lyricism isn't just some uninteresting person sharing his/her feelings on one of a small handful of incredibly cliché topics (love, relationships, sex, fun, mainstream social issues etc). I'm not saying that Kendrick is incredibly deep, I'm just saying that the artists which you love probably aren't much deeper. Musicians, even great ones, are essentially jocks which mastered a physical skill which only requires them to use small parts of their body like fingers or vocal cords as opposed to larger muscles like quads or biceps. They aren't the geniuses that you think they are.

if this was an intentional bit I liked it desu.

u mad?

Fag post, barely read it because of the stupidity

Lyrics using more advanced vocabulary or making or unusual observations about life/society/history/philosophy or whatever is objectively more intelligent.

>OOGA BOOGA I FRUM DUH GHETTO LYFE HARD TOXIC MINDSETS OOGA BOOGA

heh, e-bully?

>All of the lyrics and aesthetics are focused around ghetto culture.
You mean Kendrick's culture?

bounce back is ironically good for when you're in the car with some cuties but seriously this album is so bad

this is the weirdest thing ive ever seen

Her love is playful and full of blatant affection. How did you not get this?

why can't these people be banned? I can't get four fucking posts into any hip-hop related thread before NIGGER CULTURE WHITE GENOCIDE OOGA BOOGA

when were there japanese vocals in Lodger?

The logical conclusion to Sup Forums is Sup Forums getting so assblasted that the board went from shunning hip hop to having 40 percent of discussion being hip hop related that they purposefully flood the board and reverse engineer the "rap is sheet" meme into the average posters head until the board reverts back to anti-rap.

>NIGGER CULTURE WHITE GENOCIDE OOGA BOOGA
Hit the nail on the head

They should rename the entire genre to that

all cries for attention probably

WE

>All you Black folks, you must go
>All you Mexicans, you must go
>And all you poor folks, you must go
>Muslims and gays, boy, we hate your ways
>So all you bad folks, you must go
I loved Tribe's earlier albums, but they've dated themselves pretty hard with this one. Reminds me of the W. era, when everyone kept talking shit about Bush in the media, and now all that music and standup and shit is trapped in the time of those eight years. Dislike Trump if you please, but keep it out of music, or at least make it more subtle like Kendrick. This shit's borderline cringeworthy, in my opinion, at least.

hey you little faggot watch this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=OTDmsmN43NA
oh you don't care do you?
carry on with your little faggot life

Fantano and reviewers are usually idiots, who could've guessed?

>Musicians, even great ones, are essentially jocks which mastered a physical skill which only requires them to use small parts of their body like fingers or vocal cords as opposed to larger muscles like quads or biceps
Are you retarded? There is a ton of personal expression and creativity that goes into music making. Yeah many of the musicians aren't as "holier than thou" that their lyrics paint them as, but with composing and writing lyrics alone, you often have to reflect on personal experience, aestheticism that speaks to you, and influences to get somewhere you want creatively. Not to mention you also have to already be aware of what notes/scales to use when composing, keeping in time or changing time signatures when needed ESPECIALLY if you are playing with others, and always be in the mindset to learn something new on the instrument, even slowly. It's a process that is very engaging. I'm really getting tired of these dumb poptimists and rapfags shitting on other musicians for wanting to play music that speaks to them and labeling anyone going against the grain as a "white safe space rockist who can't understand rap" because it isn't true, I just prefer different designs to what you engulf yourself in. Especially different things outside of some rapper rapping about the ghettos. If I wanted to engage myself in that, I'd go outside (which I already do fairly too often).

The album was pretty fuck Donald Trump and fuck white people user.

>having a pro-black message means it's ok to blindly spam 'le nigger music' every thread

>sex money murder our DNA
>Pro black
Ok

Are people joking or they seriously didn't like this?

>>If she was flavor, I won't save her
>If she was flavor, I won't -savor-
>>No taste buds, ho, later!
>Plays with the previous sentence, he won't savor her regardless of flavor, nor does he have the tastebuds to care or notice.
>>Fuck you lookin' at, hater?
>filler bar
>>I saw them eyes like an ass raper
>I sodomize like and ass raper

That shit's tight.

DAS RIIIITE

When is this worthless nigger music trend going to die?

You can't post a lyric without the context of the song. People take Kendrick's too literally without looking deeper into them or the songs as a whole.

How many levels of white guilt are you on right now my dude?

>I AM A GOD
>I AM A GOD
>I AM A GOD

YOU DON'T GET IT MOM

YOUTUBE IS A LEGITIMATE SOURCE OF EDUCATION IM LEARNING HONEST

HOLD ON A SECOND I CANT PAUSE AN ONLINE GAME MOM

>More advanced vocabulary
Kek what a meme. Yeah being verbose sure is a sign of intellectual depth and not insecurity, what an idiot authors like Hemmingway must have been.
>unusual observations about life/society/history/philosophy
I could link you an infinite number of rappers who speak about "unusual" observations in their lyricism, not that it would matter because equating being different with being deeper or more intelligent is retarded.

>but with composing and writing lyrics alone, you often have to reflect on personal experience, aestheticism that speaks to you, and influences to get somewhere you want creatively
This literally requires zero intelligence in the vast majority of cases. Please don't tell me you fell for the "I really poured my heart and soul into this track I wrote about my ex-girlfriend, that requires so much intelligence" meme.

>Not to mention you also have to already be aware of what notes/scales to use when composing, keeping in time or changing time signatures when needed ESPECIALLY if you are playing with others, and always be in the mindset to learn something new on the instrument
All physical skills comparable to the skillset that an athlete might need to have (being aware of timing, working with others, learning new techniques, knowing which moves to use at any given time etc)

No one is shitting on you for liking what you like because for the most part rap fans on Sup Forums don't do that. It's the agenda driven shitposters who try to race bait and start shit. They are the instigators, so blame them.

the state of your rhetorical skills

I'm black. Why would you assume I was white from that post?

>"I really poured my heart and soul into this track
I would love an explanation as to how it isn't skillful for some rappers to have an emotional song and yet maintain great lyricism. It already takes more talent than a love song or any other genre of music. They all have the same theme but keeping intricate schemes and metaphors, and being able to constantly produce that in multiple songs takes a lot more talent than just talking about their story with an occasional rhyme like literally every genre that isn't rap.

I'll answer this one, it's because it's rare to find a nigger that can afford internet access, operate a keyboard correctly, and somehow manage to discover websites other than WSHH, let alone all three.

>It already takes more talent than a love song or any other genre of music.
I love rap but you're a tasteless worm and you need to listen to something else

Just a hunch -- on a serious note would you care to elaborate on a few pro black messages from DAMN?

It is skillful. MUCH more so than other genres, which is why I don't understand why the anti-rap contingent is trying to attack the lyrical content of rap as if other genres have "better" lyricism.

Please explain to me how I'm wrong. You're saying that a song that focuses on love takes more talent than a rap song focusing on love? In my initial post I wasn't even thinking about romantic love, but love for a family member, etc.

>Wow, I go around using my racism to justify my hatred for a genre of music and Sup Forums can't even prove me wrong. HAH REKT

you go around calling hip hop nigger music as if that is something compelling and when people tell you to fuck off you act as if you are entitled to a well thought out argument.

You're trying way too hard

If he grew up in the south of the US he is probably being completely sincere.

You can't think of any modicum of musical expression that's more sophisticated and expresses emotions more eloquently than hip-hop songs?
Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?

Unironically no I can't, and I'm a different person. Show me the equivalent of Illmatic in another genre.

lmao you're 100% right

fuck you that songs catchy af

I want you to explain to me how any other genre of music takes more skill than rap specifically, hip-hip itself would be an added bonus.
I seriously can't see it, dude.
>express emotions more eloquently
That's not what I'm asking, I'm asking how it is more skillful. But if you can prove this statement as well then that's another bonus.

Been a while since I've listened to the whole album. Honestly Damn was more about Kendrick as an individual, rather than as a black person. He talks about struggles that everybody faces in life like fear, pride, struggles with faith, ect. Which is why if anyone says this album is anti white, then they haven't listen to the album, or are just insecure.

I think conversation is more fruitful than arguments and insults, so could you explain why you have these negative stereotypes about my race? Was it the culture you grew up in or was it somehing else?

Wait, are you the white user or the black user? Either way, to answer your question:

All white people are racist, it's just natural.
All black people think whites are after them, it's genetically coded in them.

>filler bar
>using "ass raper" unironically

>hmmm Kendrick is talked about a lot. Maybe I should listen to his music.
>Google Search: Kendrick Lamar height

nope

>filler bar
Not necessarily a bad thing, but not good either.

>using "ass raper" unironically
>legitimate complaint against slim shady
lol?

I don't want to have a conversation with you jigaboo

>My race
>Wait are you the black or white user?

I'm the black guy. Anyways, going by your flawed logic, if its natural for all whites to be racist, then blacks should be justified in thinking that all white people are after them?

>then blacks should be justified in thinking that all white people are after them?
Yeah, obviously, but whites don't understand that.

Sorry user, Somebody already beat you to the "Le Nyegar Music" gag, better luck next time :^((((

> and i know she like chocolate men
> black dick all in your spouse again
literally cuck music

Sorry user, you misspelled "Nigger", let me correct that for you. Better luck next time

Shoot! You are completely right! Might I say, I am quite impressed with your manners user.

I'm not agreeing with that logic because not all white people are racist, and blacks aren't genetically disposed to being hostile towards whites. There's no evidence for that

>not all white people are racist,
nice joke
>blacks aren't genetically disposed to being hostile towards whites.
No, they just know that all white people are secretly if not openly judging them negatively.

>

at least u got to the end.

>all white people are racist

lmao, can you even read the shit you are posting?

>all people of a certain race have a certain negative trait, and to make this racist statement even more stupid, that trait is racism itself.