I just watched Prometheus, and have so many questions

I just watched Prometheus, and have so many questions.
1. So bioweapon is the black goo and it gets into a host and creates an alien?
2. so xenomporh in Alien is human/goo hybrid and when mixed with other races, like eingeneers, it creates different creatures?
3. what the fuck is that white snake thing, why did it turn that guy into a super strong zombie?
4. what killed the guys piled up at the door? were they also eingeneers?
pls halp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpEx7pdp2-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. yes
2. no
3. another alium
4. they killed themselves

>1. yes
so what were spiderthings in Alien?
>2. no
so why were there no xenomorphs like in Alien, but that tentacle thing?
>3. another alium
also from the goo? maybe it's some specie affected by the goo.
>4. thy killed themselves
by running into the door real hard?
god damn I feel so dumb, I never had problems with interpreting a movie before, even the artsy shit

Because you are dumb.

1. The Black Goo is an advanced mutagen. It alters the DNA of anything exposed to it. Based on the behavior and physical characteristics of the mutations, the Black Goo is related to the Xenomorphs somehow.

2. The Xenomorph in Alien is the result of an embryo gestating in a Human host. No Goo involved.

3. There were small worms in the Urn Room that got exposed and turned into the snake creature. Fifield got turned into what he did because acid burned through his faceplate and he got a whole face full of Black Goo.

4. A containment breach killed the Engineers. Most likely one of their experimental Xenomorph subjects got loose.

thanks for replies and the insult, just one more
> It alters the DNA of anything exposed to it
I somehow thought that goo mixes with the dna of the host and creates a new creature every time. For each specie that Eingeneers wanted to destroy, a new perfect exterminator. For humans, the xenomorph. Is this theory completely stupid

I've always looked at it as the Black Goo was an attempt by the Engineers to replicate the ability of the Xenomorphs to adapt to any host. So the Engineers didn't create the Xenomorphs with the Black Goo, the Black Goo was created after encountering the Xenomorphs and learning about their abilities.

Why was his salsa not red? Did he an hero because that world had no corn chips?

Reminder that Ridley did not re-model the space Jockey design as people think he did in Prometheus. The space jockey face in Alien is simply a mask from the back of their chair as you see in Prometheus

>Prometheus thread
Oh boy here we go..

>reminder the alien only saw white people when he woke up
>white people were still alive in the future
>tried to create artificial white people
If he ran into this man nothing bad would have happened.

I thought the black sludge was like primordial ooze used to create life.

I see no reason to believe this.
The xenomorphs were created when the proto facehugger laid it's egg in an engineer.
Because engineer and human DNA is so similar, human hosts produce xenomorphs that are virtually the same.

He was pissed because there was something clearly different about robo douche so he thought his creation, his children have managed to succeed to a point close enough to the engineers.
But it was nothing but a mockery and realised they're still on the street shitter ends of evolution so went on a purge.

He thought he's children evolved to an exceptional level close enough to becoming engineers themselves.

But they engineered a shitty mockery and he knew they still had far too long to evolve and a ways to go and he gave them a ridiculous amount of time to do so already so he knew his children were just shitty african tier people.

um he was just a soldier or pilot. he wasnt like god of the engineers or anything

prometheus was the god who was punished for giving 'fire' to humans.

Prometheus is such a terrible movie, can't believe you braindeads actually enjoy it and find it a canon.

No. The Deacon is not the first Xenomorph. There have obviously been Xenomorphs around for a long time since the Engineers had murals of them up in the Urn Room.

I've said the same about Aliens for years but it doesn't achieve anything.

Alien >>> Alien 3 > Prometheus > The burning trash heap that is the rest of the series.

Why did prometheus get mad about being woken up then kill everybody

>it's a 'prometheus fanboys make up shit to defend a bad script' episode

>since the Engineers had murals of them up in the Urn Room.
This.
I REALLY enjoyed Prometheus for the visuals and surprisingly good score/theme.

he did it for the lulz

>The xenomorphs were created when the proto facehugger laid it's egg in an engineer.
this was how the zenomorphs are created.
It looks like the engineer were doing genetic experiment on a containment planet.
They were using the black goo to create life on planets, hence the beginning, also using it to exterminate life, which is mentioned in the film that before the breach they were on their way to our planet, possibly to destroy us. There was also BOW missiles in the ship.
Looks like the engineers created us for a purpose, maybe as an unknowing work force to mine, or teraform a planet but our time had run out.

So you were perfectly fine with the space axe and didn't wonder why there was an axe on a spaceship where every ounce of weight is engineered and planned?

Try and sit through this.

You will fail.

The axe is actually on the bottom of the very long list of reasons why prometheus is shit.

It's way different m8

We know. That's why it's stupid as shit. It shouldn't have been a mask in the first place.

Why are there axes in hospitals?
Use your brain.

So that you can break out of the spaceship in an emergency and float out to your death? XDDD

They had space vodka and space basketball.

They had a fucking space library. Space was clearly not an issue.

If you are black: My room. 10 minutes.

I will explain.

>Prometheus is such a terrible movie
I dont know user, it wasn't so much that the movie itself was terrible, just that it has one of the dumbest scripts to ever make it into a major motion picture.

I mean it LOOKS great, and i genuinely liked the performances and the cast. The sets and effects were great, and they used 3D very effectively (creating some depth of field, and not stupid shit jumping out of the screen.

Scott is a good director, he just has no idea how to pick scripts.

It was the concertina. Bitches love concertinas.

>Tfw there are fire axes on the ISS and modern day naval ships

>Tfw there are fire axes on the ISS
>source: my ass

>expecting it to be 1:1 after so many years

They had more production material to reference than anyone else.

The old design just couldn't fit an actor in it.

>what killed the guys piled up at the door? were they also eingeneers?
Are you retarded? Those were the engineers in suits who got rekt by the goo that got free. It's like you didn't even watch the movie.

>Looks like the engineers created us for a purpose, maybe as an unknowing work force to mine, or teraform a planet but our time had run out.
I recall hearing that the engineer who created humans was part of a rogue faction and the engineers at the weapons facility were planning to wipe out Earth life because it shouldn't have existed in the first place. Hence the Prometheus analogy.

What was the black goo?

Bioweapon.

Something lifted from the X-Files.

Spaceships that are in space, sure.
Space ships that land are not longer in space. At that point, they're on a planet that may have flora or fauna that need splitting. An axe is a simple and versatile tool, and if you make it out of space age materials it can be both strong and light.

A FIRE axe is not something you'd use as a simple and versatile tool. A HAND axe is a simple and versatile tool. A FIRE axe is something you put in your movie when you literally don't know how to write your protagonist out of a rough spot cleverly.

yes
yes
those snakes were mutated worms, you can see them when they first open the chamber
they were killed by Predators