Is lo fi the best genre that has ever existed?

Is lo fi the best genre that has ever existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PuZhDWZz9Nc
youtube.com/watch?v=yZL5GZlZKsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not a genre, it's quality of sound, dumbass

Yes I listen to everyday

why is lo-fi hip hop associated with anime

nujabes and persona i guess
not really into that scene

toonami

The pioneers of the genre (Axion, Emotional Tokyo) used it and everyone has followed suite since

Also Simpsons for some reason

neets on youtube

both are shit

autists and nu-males

>normies start talking about lofi
>think they mean r stevie moore or early Ariel Pink
>they actually mean digitally produced weeb SoundCloud garbage

fuck you for appropriating cassette culture. you know nothing about music

Is there such a thing as chill hop worth listening with some progression in it other than just repetitive drum loop patterns and samples.

THESE KIDS ONLY LISTEN TO GARBAGE, BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD GOOD MUSIC

MUSIC IS RUINED...SHARE IF U AGREE

death grips

Radiohead

kill yourself you fucking h3h3 underage weed kid /r/hiphopheads memer. one of those artists discographies isn't even 20 years old yet

I guarantee you're a manlet or some fucking smug snarky bespectacled nu male 110 lb lanklet that would break when the wind blows him over

>hear about lo-fi hip-hop
>excited because think it's going to be actual lo-fi stuff like Sensational finally receiving attention and artists doing stuff in the same vein
>it's literally just shitty J Dilla and Nujabes wannabees instead
goddamit

kill yourself back to raydeet

Does anyone unironically believe that chill lofi beats with anime backgrounds will help you do good on a test???

Is he the creator of "chill" music?

Nice projection, I'm just making fun of you because you're unable to adapt with the times. THIS is lo-fi now. You can take your Ariel Dink or whatever and make your own thread about it.

shit opinions like this is why I support radical terrorism

I can literally see the Reddit alien light on your head as you typed that post. You know nothing about lofi production, computers can only artificially compress and distort sound.

I don't use Reddit, sorry. Since you seem to know so much about it, maybe you can explain to me what this alien light thing you are talking about is?

As for your second point, there is no real difference between artificially generated noise and that created with a cassette. You probably think vinyl sounds better, too. Cry me a fucking river, you hipster.

Digital lo-fi like glitch and ambient is still pretty fucking different to generic hip-hop beats with stock vinyl cracking and 2 second samples of piano bits. Isn't it?

He's a consumer mouthbreather who doesn't know what it's like to make music, don't bother. Communicating with brainlets only frustrates

There's already proper modern lo-fi music being made, this is just nostalgia-pandering bullshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=PuZhDWZz9Nc

Artificial tape hiss is so obvious lmao you have no clue what you're talking about

Lo-fi hip-hop is like electroswing except times more cancerous because it damages the credibility of the artists it rips-off (J Dilla and Nujabes) and because it harms artists who produce actual lo-fi music by reappropriating their sound aesthetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=yZL5GZlZKsE

Donuts by J. Dilla I guess

>Sensational
Muh mufucking nigga
his collab with nhk koyxen is so god too