For those who follow Nascar, how did you choose your driver?

For those who follow Nascar, how did you choose your driver?

Is it acceptable in Sup Forums's eyes to just pick the one that looks the most chill appearance wise?

Carl looks like a nice guy

Dont bother its fixed bullshit anyway.

carl is a dick, and he retired

became dale jr fan becuase I was a dale sr fan

in my case was something like:
>that guy's car looks nice, i'll follow him (pic related)
btw carl retired, find someone else

>nascar still exists

Personality

>every driver at every level of the sport now is a rich 18 year old fuccboi and NASCAR wonders why people can't associate with it anymore

i had never really had a "favorite" driver, so i decided to pick kyle larson because he was fresh.

trying to pick a driver before you watch is pointless. Watch a few races and you'll naturally find a driver or 2 you prefer over the others.

BOWMAN BOWMAN BOWMAN

Elevate your taste, you toothless redneck. The only North American racing worth following is American Le Mans or IndyCar

Only if you pick Landon

>ALMS
>existing

Usually I cheer for guys who I think deserve way more success than they got/get.

> Liked Jeff Gordon when I was in kindergarten because he was the young hotshot cool guy.
> read a magazine article about his protege coming soon
> For some reason LOWES was my favorite store at the time
> Jimmeh instantly becomes my favorite driver
> My autism has paid off in spades
> I can legitimately say I was a fan since day one too

I enjoy suffering
And the suffering of others

nascar is not worth watching anymore

this too

When I was little I thought the cars theme was cool and I've been a fan since.

based blaney

I've been around Carl before in the garage area. I know the whole "It's just an act" thing is a meme but he always seemed very genuine to me and was obviously liked.

I will say that I have had people in the know tell me that Denny Hamlin is a fucking asshole, though.

it's pretty easy to see that denny is an asshole.

I know it's not groundbreaking to hear, but still.

It's really funny how the Gibbs drivers are a mixed bag. Kyle's hard to figure out because what kind of Kyle you get ultimately depends on his mood. Matt's a cool guy and Suarez is extremely likable. Erik Jones is similar to Kyle but is apparently much less sociable around people around the garage, which I can kind of understand considering that his Dad just died a few months ago and shit. Having that happen would make anyone depressing.

the fact that the new guy (suarez) won the championship over him and got the seat at the main team won't help

>Grew up in a Dodge family.
>Bill Elliott drove the #9 so yeah.
>Had to bandwagon Kahne after Elliott retired.
>Kahne came second like three weeks in a row back in 04, then steadily became irrelevant.
>Pulled for Newman because he was a Dodge driver actually getting shit done.
>Once Kahne & Newman both fell off the map, was indifferent.
>Jumped on the Keselowski train during the 2012 Daytona 500 because he was a goof.
>Paid off, he won the championship, then turned into a lippy asshole I could identify with.
>Started cheering for Krut when the defense contractor he was fucking tried to frame him for domestic abuse.
>Actually enjoyed watching Krut's comeback and the chick getting destroyed by the IRS I think.
>Discover Ryan Blaney's Instagram is just him being a dweeby kid instead of some rockstar nascar driver I cant relate to in the slightest.

I fucking hate ford but I'm going for the 21, 41, & 2.