Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness
youtube.com/watch?v=d3_s9rjdfOs
youtube.com/watch?v=kBjudP59rmM
youtube.com/watch?v=dDIXaPieofE
youtube.com/watch?v=uM6wjk_vIIU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off crazyaga edition

You fucking broke my sitar, motherfucker!

>Being right handed
PLEBBERY INCARNATE

No righty is good at guitar. It's impossible

crazyaga writes guitar and bass general with correctly capitalized grammar because he's intelligent

>>givcing a fuck about grammar
you wanna know how I know you've never made good music?

i speak through the music, man

>Look!!!! Crazyaga didn't capitalize the g in the word "General" !!! omg!!!

You are trying way too hard my man.

No one in Sup Forums cares about proper capitalization

lefty guitars are absolutely revolting

oh, my bad
you arent so intelligent then

Vintage lefty guitars sound better since they're lefty and haven't had plebs fucking with them.

Always remember young man, Lefties are naturally better musicians and therefore less likely to be plebs and start fucking with wiring when they don't know what they're doing.

Lefties are natural musicians with higher IQ's on average and therefore more likely to understand what they are trying to achieve.

Rare lefty guitars are beautiful, almost always like they've been in a time capsule.

I'm almost certainly more intelligent than you.

But really, why are you so obsessed with me user?

Problem? Of course there is! You're a right handed plebeian.

If I was right handed, I would literally quit music and get an office job or something

Righties have always been jealous of lefties, that's why they used to burn us at the stake, etc.

My parents once told me that i was born left handed, but then the teachers in kindergarten forced me to become right handed when i learned to write

im sorry for you user

lefties are subhuman

>Being repressed by your teachers
Lmao

You realise if you were born lefty and play righty, you'll never reach your potential? Lefty brains are literally wired differently

Pretty much all of the great artists throughout history were left handed

so people like mike knopfler just never realized that?

>Pretty much all of the great artists throughout history were left handed
[citation needed]

Redpill me on surf music

I'm not sure i 100% believe them desu. i mean, how did they know if i was left handed or not? what if i was always right handed but my parents just wrongly thought i was left handed before kindergarten?

Who knows.

It still could be true tho, because i had a pretty bad handwriting in school

> Lefty brains are literally wired differently
I mean, i don't think this should have any huge effects.

of course
because you're a wonderful repressed snowflake

Agreed

What is fucking wrong with you? i just told you a story from my life that my parents told me because the subject of handedness was brought up in the thread

Redpill me on scooped mids.

I'm a beginner, been using a fender acoustic guitar I got when I was a kid. How do I learn how to play like this guy? I know he's using a ronroco/charanga.

>being this new

we need just one crazygaga

yeah, sorry about that
you are more intelligent, after all

>this guy
who?

>Lefty brains are literally wired differently
there's no scientific evidence that link the left sub cortical cerebral region to handedness, or any other region for that matters

Why, what did he do? Why is he relevant to this particular discussion?

Look it up. I'm not even memeing now, it's genuinely true.

Do some research and come back. It's not a fucking meme. It's literally a disproportionate amount of left handed people in all fields. Presidents, painters, sculptors, musicians, artists of any kind.

>Left-handed individuals have a heterogeneous brain organization in which their brain hemisphere is either organized in the same way as right-handers (but with the hemispheres reversed) or even such that both hemispheres are used for verbal processing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handedness

You forgot your trip

>you are more intelligent, after all
You are saying it sarcastically to try and mock me, but i actually am almost certainly more intelligent than you, without sarcasm.

>if you were born lefty and play righty, you'll never reach your potential?
mike knopfler is left handed and plays righty

see and do research if you don't believe.
You're simply wrong.
>Left-handers’ brains are structured differently from right-handers’ in ways that can allow them to process language, spatial relations and emotions in more diverse and potentially creative ways.

Possibly stupid quiestion but i'm trying to solo and saw that the positions of the pentatonic scale correspond to a chord, does that mean that they follow the caged system?, so if i want to solo over an e chord with the pentatonic scale the pattern across the neck is the e position(starting in the nut) then the d postion and so on?

Yeah, so he's playing with his non-dominant hand. As good as he is, (I don't know) he most likely could have been better.

Perhaps he should try and relearn with his left, and I'm sure he'll notice a difference after a few months/years.

Rate /10

youtube.com/watch?v=d3_s9rjdfOs

>Incel-banez guitar
>Meme metal
>I can tell your greasy just by looking

Also, are you living in fucking Ted Kazyinkis cabin in the woods?

Avril Lavigne (aka Dave Grohl) tier/10

I personally doubt it, but you seem so sure about it
usually people who brag about their intelligence are the smartest

you just googled that
I'm attending a master in biorobotics and prosthetics, neuroscience is kinda my jam
I'm not saying dr. Arlene R. Taylor isn't a great scientist, but saying "left handend people are generally smarter than right handed" is a mere statistical matter

anyway, a lot of players I esteem are left handed, two of them committed suicide so I don't think they were really that smart

I did not even brag about it. i only said it because you started to call me stupid

If you can call me stupid, i can defend myself by correcting you.

And even if i was bragging about it, it would still not make it not true

>Killing yourself means you're not smart
Are you a fucking moron? Do you know how many genius philosophers killed themselves?

Your post is garbage, dude. I don't give a fuck what you're studying. I'm also a billionaire with a 30 inch cock.

The facts are the facts, don't blame me because you're a plebeian righty.

>You are stupid!!!
>"No, i am actually not stupid"
>HOW DARE YOU BRAG ABOUT YOUR INTELLIGENCE??

"Scooped" mids refers to cutting back on a guitar's midrange, or removing the midrange frequencies from a recording/live tone. Generally, this is done to emphasize the treble and bass frequencies. Scooped mids are most often heard in hard rock and various genres of metal, where accentuated bass adds to the rhythmic attack of the music and higher treble pushes leads above the rest of the mix.

Outside of heavier music, though, scooped mids don't sound as good in a mix. The guitar is essentially a midrange instrument, and sits best in those frequencies overall, especially if there's only one guitar in in the band.

Fucking f chord, have no idea why it's kicking my ass so bad

Barre chords are harder to do in frets that are close to the headstock

a sure sign of lesser intelligence is giving up anonymity on a site in which main its selling point is anonymity

So your argument is basically: "You have a username in a place where most people don't use usernames."

Guess what? i don't have to do what other people do just because other people are doing it

I always play with mids turned to max and I absolutely hate metal music
I feel sick whenever I see a stereotypical looking metalhead

Interesting, DESU

HELP

yes because you stand out of them with your intelligence

I never actually said you are a stupid person
but I should say you're really far from proving me otherwise

whatever then

user, are you insecure about your own intelligence and abilities?

I mean, what is the reason you respond to every single post i make trying harass me?

0 arguments: the post.

Righty strikes again

i'm actually intelligent and can see how dumb you are

Fuck off tripfag.

It's one of my fingers, there's a tiny piece of skin that makes fretting it weird, right on the d and a string. It's my ring finger,can't seem to get my finger in the right position

>I am actually intelligent
Why are you bragging about your intelligence user? usually people who brag about their intelligence aren't smart!!!!

That was your argument from earlier, i'm just using your own argument because i feel like it applies here too

>two whole tripfags
and I thought frooshposting was bad

simply because i am actually smart and you are just a self absorbed kike

acoustic or electric?

try your thumb on the low f on the 1st fret e string ring and pinky on A and D strings, middle on g string, and use index to barre b and high e on 1st fret

Did you ever do a professional IQ test, samuel?

I did 3 of them in the israeli Karni institution, and the results suggest that i'm in the top 1% of the population.

I was tested professionally 3 times so you can't say this was a fluke

dude stop replying to the hate cause you're derailing the thread

Cool, I generally keep my mid at about 45%, treble at 30%, and bass at 60%. I play a sort of aggressive experimental/prog rock with my band, so it makes sense for me to keep my bass a bit higher than my mids while still retaining a presence in the midrange of the mix. The other guitar player in my band scoops the hell out of his mids and then he wonders how my 20w head sounds more prominent live than his 100w combo (although his tone generally compliments mine).

Eh, fine

You're a faggot
You'll never make good music, ya fucking moron

Jesus fuck you're obnoxious, go back to tumblr

no but im thinking of doing one just to laugh at you in front of the entire /gg/
whats your iq?

The only reason I like mids high, is because I like that it gives a sort of "wave" feel. The music becomes a wash, as opposed to punchy

I dislike using pedals and effects, etc, so yeah, for whatever reason, as soon as I started playing I quickly learnt that I liked mids quite high

What do you guys think about this pedal?
youtube.com/watch?v=kBjudP59rmM

We got it user, even if i would just stand and do nothing, you would criticize my breathing and say i'm the most terrible breathing you ever saw

Please stop trying to derail thread, let's talk about guitars

Yes. You will find that the guitar "repeats" itself as it were over strings and frets.

While the backing is the E chord, it is helpful to look at the fretboard as a pentatonic caged system with different hand positions, however it's also limited as described.

Moreover, if all you're soloing over is an E chord, (EBE powerchord), you have plenty more options than the minor pentatonic.

For example, if you start the pentatonic scale shape on the 9th fret rather than on the 12th fret as you normally would, you achieve a major sound. It's a cool way to spice up tired old blues licks.

These 2 shapes are certainly not the only thing you can play over an EBE chord either! Try looking at gypsy and harmonic minor scales.

every time

>i'm the most terrible breathing you ever saw
thats just how bad at everything you are LOLOLOLOL

>Please stop trying to derail thread, let's talk about guitars
do you mean lets talk about you and your trip?

Looks like a niche piece of crap tbf, I'm gonna stick with my zoom g2.1u and maybe get the latest version of that pedal when a nigga get paid.

overpriced and unusable as gear, more of a toy.

ok trips of truth but still man we all get it, he's a fag using a trip. Let's just try and talk abit about guitar or something that isn't mindless hate, there are other boards for that.

>425

sounds nice, but I can make those FXs in ableton

so, not really

>top 1%
>gay shitposting jew
talk about wasting potential

Is there a way to make a Tele sound like a Jaguar?

You're replying to a different person as well as me, moron.
It's true though, you're beyond stupid.
I mean just read your posts:
>I'm attending a master in biorobotics and prosthetics, neuroscience is kinda my jam
> a lot of players I esteem are left handed, two of them committed suicide so I don't think they were really that smart
I guranfuckingtee you make terrible muzak and are just about mediocre in every conceivable way

It's very costly, but it's definitely useful for certain purposes imo.

The EHX Superego is another really good sample-based guitar synth (tho it works differently)
youtube.com/watch?v=dDIXaPieofE

Honestly a regular analog delay can do most of the "usable" sounds that that overpriced thing can do. People need to stop treating guitars like synths and realize you can get plenty of crazy and diverse sounds from more traditional gear. All of the big "gearheads" in the industry know this. Stop relying on one trick pony boxes for your sound.

What if I'm left handed but I play right handed because lefty guitars are so much more uncommon

Analog delay doesn't make that sound, user.

see

Thnx lad

You replied to the wrong person m8

Eh. it was meant for

I was talking about sounds you can actually use in a song, and yes good analog delays like say an echo shifter can if you actually know how to use it.

Different sounds are used in different songs.

This sound may not be usable for you, but for someone else, it might be just what he needs

woh, hold the fuck up
did you really expect crazyaga "superior intellect" top lad to make songs ?

you should try using some DAWs and experiment a little IMHO instead of relying on hardware

Cheers!

Hello again friend-o :D What kind of music do you like? Just so I know what to post next time.

>Being this obsessed about me
This is just sad.

where is your music faggot ?

Do you actually think 90% of the sounds coming out of that thing will sound right in a mix? I think maybe in some kinds of music it might, but those kinds of music are far better suited for synths and digital production rather than guitars.

Just post anything but le stereotypical metal thrashing and stupid runs, for fucks sake

Just post some good fucking music. Fuck me! STOP covering songs, and start creating them.

you should avoid pedals as much as possible in my opinion

My soundcloud is Matanken, there are just a few blueprints there.

but honestly any comment from you about my music would be "it's the worst thing i ever heard!!!" regardless of what my music is. this would be your response even if what i composed was literally Beethoven's moonlight sonata

I usually work the other way around: I have a specific sound in my mind, and I spend days trying to achieve it

ok what kind of music do you like though

hey i cover songs, get mad at me
youtube.com/watch?v=uM6wjk_vIIU

so you think you've got any rights to speak on what sounds would fit in a mix without having gone further than "a few blueprints" ?
Where are your actual songs if you're so smart ?