My car is too expensive to fix. I cannot afford $20 to ride uber every day. What is the best way to get to work?

My car is too expensive to fix. I cannot afford $20 to ride uber every day. What is the best way to get to work?
>I live one mile from the nearest bus.
>My work is one half-mile from the bus.
>I live five miles from work
>Direct by bicycle is 30 minutes.
>The bus only allows two bicycles, so I risk having to wait or bike even farther.

Picture related. Bought one today for $40 but it is too small. The bigger one is $60 not in stock.

just walk you fatass

for an hour and a half each way? I'm going to waste 3 hours of every day walking? Nope.

> direct by bicycle is 30 minutes
Looks like you answered your own question there, bubba. Free, fast, gets your fat ass moving, what more could you ask for.

then don't complain about shit being expensive faggot it's literally the least expensive option and would get your lazy ass in shape

5 miles on a bike only takes 20 minutes

I'm not fat or lazy. Just poor and work extremely hard at work.
Google says 28, but I don't own a bike, so I cannot time it. But there are a lot of stop lights and stop signs.

>not fat or lazy
>won't walk to work because is too fat and lazy
k lol

Get a pogo stick.

Bike the 30 minutes you fat fuck

bicyclists just blow through redlights and stop signs retard

Lights and signs dont matter if youre on a bike. You need to think about hills, and wind direction and speed instead

>I live one mile from the nearest bus.
>My work is one half-mile from the bus.

That's 30 minutes of walking, total. Easy enough.
t. used to bus to work in the industrial district where bus stops were few and far between.

Bike will cut that down to about five or ten minutes and doing that regularly will build up your fitness until you can skip the bus entirely.

Get an old steel road bike or rigid frame (no shocks) mountain bike on Craigslist for ~$100
If you go mountain bike put slick road tires on it, they'll roll much easier on pavement than knobby mountain tires.

>I live five miles from work

That's an hour walk, or as you put it, 30 minutes by bike.

Exercise is good for you. The bus will take longer.

You don't have to wait for the stop signs to change. You can just go again after you've stopped.

rollerblades or heelys

image related

30 minutes by bike? Why did you ever use your car... if the weather aint shit use the bike.

for the envirement, your health etc... and a double + for the money

Get a fucking pogo stick or some shit

Bike farther. You will notice the gains as will the womenfolk

OP was not by a motor vehicle in California today after running a red light. The first responder says he claimed users of the popular website Sup Forums told him it was OK

>But there are a lot of stop lights and stop signs.

Look up the legality of "Idaho Stop" in your area:
Basically Idaho Stop is when you treat a Red Light as a Stop Sign (eg. stop at it but don't wait for it to turn green if it's safe) and you treat Stop Signs as Yield Signs.

Most cyclists do this regardless of legality because maintaining momentum on a bike is very important and the only life they're risking is their own anyway.

It's July. Nearly the end of the model year for auto manufacturers. Find a $99/month lease at a dealership.

Stop whining.

Biking is a very satisfying and fulfilling excercise. Unless you have a windy route you should absolutely bike to and from work. As long as you have somewhere to wash up a tad at work.

>buying a car for a short 5 mile jaunt with bus service

Jesus Christ.

cycle m8, 5 miles is nothing.

lol.. "google says"

Google says my bike commute is 14 minutes, with a bit of sweat I can do that in 7:35, usually around 10. 14 is on extremely windy days or during snowstorms. Stop being a little bitch and get yourself a cheap old racing bike. I bet you can get those 28 down to 20 on average easily if you have a decent bike and are normally healthy.

Mechanicfag here. What's wrong with the car?

I do this every day except it takes me over two and a half hours each way. Don't be a lazy ass just do it.

Just ride your bike you faggot. For my Grade 12 finals I rode 12 kilometers, or like, 8 miles, to school. First time is a pain in the ass, but it gets easier once you get used to it, trust me.

This