What horror movies deal with characters finding ancient mysterious freaky shit...

What horror movies deal with characters finding ancient mysterious freaky shit? I always loved the Alien movie for this but then Prometheus fucked it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0082431/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
imdb.com/title/tt1295053/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alien

If you're not averse to comics read Grant Morrison's Nameless, it's only like 12 issues. Brutal cosmic horror, gore, mystery.

Yes, Alien

Reaaally stretching on some of these but

The Mummy
The Haunting
those Vincent Price / Edgar Allan Poe films
Evil Dead
Hellraiser
Texas Chainsaw Massacre kinda

>The Mummy

Tombs of the Blind Dead nigga
and JC's Prince of Darkness

The original 1932 Mummy ya dumbfuck

I didn't get this and then I read it again and I still didn't get it and then I read it again and I still didn't get it so I stopped

8/10

>What horror movies deal with characters finding ancient mysterious freaky shit?

>Texas Chainsaw Massacre kinda

what did he mean by this?

There was a movie I watched when I was a teen back in the 80's. Astronauts visiting a planet where it looked abandoned but they find huge structures (underground) that looked like they where haunted or at least occupied by monsters and traps everywhere. Someone mentions it was a training camp for alien children.
If I remember correctly or I might be wrong it was called Dark Planet, but who knows?
Dies it ring a bell on anyone?

that sounds potentially great

AvP

Forbidden Planet, but it's not really horror.

>Texas Chainsaw Massacre kinda

What the fuck?

It's about discovering mysterious freaky shit, but not necessarily ancient

?

>Someone mentions it was a training camp for alien children.
sounds like alien vs predator.

Wishmaster

What did that guy wish for?

I've only seen the second one

>80's
>"sounds like AvP"

I really hope Del Taco doesn't fuck up that mountains of madness movie

How is the skeleton able to move its jaw without muscles? Magic?

Only one I remember with a similar premise was that one where the ship crew spends the entire episode killing aliens they find on a forest planet only to discover that they were children on some kind of camp and the pissed off parents show up and kill them.

where the hell have you been
they're not going forward with it because of prometheus

yes and through the power of your autism

no after Prometheus DT decided to go ahead with it because the final Prot was too different
he also confirmed Hellboy 3 but look how that went so who knows now

The Borderlands

Just when I think I can't hate ridley scott more

Lad...

I heard from a recent interview that he's trying to get back to it. Not a guarantee mind you, but theres still hope.

I'm sure they will make AtMoM at some point user, it is too rich a concept not to have a film. Guillermo is a prime candidate to head it though, would be a shame if he couldn't get it to happen.

If the DCEU does end up getting a New Gods movie, it should be that kind of movie.

That's right. I injected some capeshit into your thread. What are you gonna do about it?

Maybe this is it:

imdb.com/title/tt0082431/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

Nothing, I like capeshit

>New Gods
>Horror

Maybe for the Apokolips side, but even then it shouldn't be that much of a horror.

>I like capeshit
>t. mentally insufficient manchild

>I like capeshit

The Ruins. It's very light on the ancient shit but it's worth the watch.

fucking retard. you are too stupid to understand prometheus. that's why you can't appreciate it.

New Gods isn't horror material, but I was mainly considering the concept of people finding ancient mysterious alien shit and gradually finding out that it's the remains of the old gods and that they were succeeded by the new gods.

this one for the love of...ancient eldritch gods!
imdb.com/title/tt1295053/

and also the movie "the europa report" where they go to the moon and drill the ice and..yeah same shit

Didn't say, it was the first scene of the movie when a whole kingdom was wiped out

Prince of Darkness and The Thing. Really damn good films, they exactly fit the bill.