Nothing really happens and no questions are really answered: the show

nothing really happens and no questions are really answered: the show.

So it's just like real life?

I can't infer things and need everything explicitly laid out for me: The OP

Fucking faggot

>its a Nas goes to a county jail for a week and becomes a respected hardened con episode

The story is clearly about the justice system

final episode was okay but left so much shit loose it might as well be one of your mother's pussy

example: "we know who the killer is now, let's go get him" doesn't show them actually getting the right guy at all, completely fails to explain how this guy managed to get into a place without a key, stab a girl 22 times in the midst of her drugged out partner, have him wake up away from the scene, and both without a speck of blood on them despite the scene itself being covered in it

i could go on, about the lawyer he kissed smuggling drugs, etc. but the best part of the episode was showing how they realized how hard they failed to apprehend/nail the right guy out of sheer want and willful ignorance, the way the justice system just plays with people as long as they get the right result, etc. and nas still being in prison in a way via his new addictions and outlook toward his mother despite being free

tl;dr the last two episodes were pretty shit compared to the first solid 7/10 mini series (they should have just went for a full season at least, they could have kept it rolling with a new case for each season, especially since it's based on some british shit that did exactly that)

he was in jail for like 8 months, nigger

lol, pleb

me agree. show make head hurt. me shouted for 2 hours cos show bad

The final episode was better than most in the second half of the show. John Turturro's closing arguments were good, Michael Williams scenes were all great.

don't disagree but they still spent more time covering useless ground than tying up loose ends

maybe because they knew, drugged out or not, nobody just forgets some stranger coming in and stabbing the shit out of a girl you just fucked and somehow moving you to another floor without any kind of evidence at all being transferred, among other things

not saying i didn't like the show, actually looked forward to seeing how the put a bow on it, am saying they aren't very good at wrapping presents, so to speak

>it's a jew blames a muslim for a heinous crime episode
What did HBO mean by this?

nice meme you got there, pleb
lol

>never heard of a blackout
hahaha, retard

>buzzwords
>meme

that'll show em

stay mad, pleb

you replied to him with a meme image. Have a word with yourself.

is this Sup Forums-tier shit all you have to contribute, or what?

>blackout

nice catchall, do you work for hbo faggot? i guess the broad was completely silent while being stabbed 22 times, and nobody every wakes up when they're literally being dragged around, huh? you're a fucking idiot

pls post again, i love shitting on people like you

>how this guy managed to get into a place without a key,

she knew him you fucking retard, they had a fight earlier that night.

>Naz the paki was out cold drugged drunk whatever
>*knock knock*
>"who is it?"
>"it's me the financial faggot pls open the door for three seconds let me apologize and explain and i'll be gone i promise"
>she opens the door because she's a stupid whore
>bam he goes in stabs her and drags his balls on the paki's sleeping face
>he gets out
>an hour later the paki wakes up like wtf

wow that was rocket science

>oh no a meme picture

this triggers the faggot

>still doesn't know what a blackout is

lol

>completely fails to explain how this guy managed to get into a place without a key, stab a girl 22 times in the midst of her drugged out partner, have him wake up away from the scene, and both without a speck of blood on them despite the scene itself being covered in it

they did explain this during the trial. the back door wasn't locked and he could have climbed the tree outside and he could slip in and out without ever seeing the kitchen due to the layout of the apartment. and he probably did the deed while naz was sleeping in the kitchen and you see him in the security footage throwing away a bag of trash possibly containing his bloodied clothes and murder weapon.

>i'll call him out for using memes and buzzwords
>posts memes

>faggot got triggered for being called out for a pleb
>says someone else is triggered

hahahaha

>it's a show doesn't have a lot of exposition so your average Sup Forums poster can't understand it episode

watching retards defend themselves is pure comedy haha .. keep it up reddito

He was downstairs knocked out drunk/high the whole time, of course he wouldn't remember anything if he slept through it

>still can't explain the lack of blood evidence
>he goes in, stabs her
>body found in the bedroom, so she apparently invited this guy upstairs into a bedroom where her current lover was resting, despite her being involved with the advisor too

that makes so much sense, really makes you think

idk, i've blacked out on quite a few things and not saying i remembered everything in perfect detail but i'm pretty sure the shrill screams of a person being murdered might at least snap me back

don't be mad at me because the show ended on a hackjob note anons, i didn't write it

thanks for posting. this is going in my screencap named "everything that is wrong with Sup Forums", ready to be posted next time someone makes the "how do we fix Sup Forums" thread

Good show trope:

>It's not about it's about the characters!

You've obviously never taken ketamine.

>gets triggered
>m-muh Im telling the mods
cry more you big babby

>i've drank 5 beers and ""blackedout"" before so i know what i'm talking about

can't say i have, no but you clearly have and are now the resident expert, gg

in fact, i thought you were talking about the alcohol, as MDMA wouldn't have resulted in a blackout on it's own and i'm not personally familiar with k so yeah

thanks for contributing, faggot

most of the people who hate this show on Sup Forums are
>too retarded to follow basic plot threads, exposition, and character development
>Sup Forums
>both

this board is complete trash

he had drinks. took x. some k and busted his nut and was sort of noob to it all. blacking out is odd while rolling imo. even form k but I guess all mixed and having sex. it's not like it was all 15 minutes. sure it had more time to it.

but I do know every time i rolled i couldn't sleep for a long time. and k lasts like 20 minutes or such or did when i had pure vials when i was younger.

anyway. shit happens. in the night off

this whole thread is why dayposting/Sup Forums is shit, remind me never to try to actually discuss something among you memespamming faggots before the sun goes down ever again

wish 8ch's Sup Forums wasn't just as garbage

i didn't like the show very much but i agree that the criticisms you see on this board are pitiful. i only half watched this show and apparently picked up on a lot more than most others here did.

literally everything was answered and tons of things happened

>literally say you didn't hate the show, just thought the final two episodes weren't so great compared to the rest
>HRR PLEB U JUST DIDN GET IT LOLOL

you're all mentally challenged drones

then I'm not talking to you retard.

why did u skip my reply i was nice enough to explain some things you seemed to have missed

>why did u skip my reply
because he's spat his dummy out

>retard's feelings are hurt
>starts crying about how this board is shit
lol, can't make this shit up
pathetic

sure, pleb

because everyone is sperging out over stupid shit like pictures, and i do recall those things being gone over during the trial, but that was before they had any of the evidence to stick it on the financial advisor and again, i can't imagine the girl being completely silent or just laying there and taking it, or that the other dude just got out scott free and left nothing behind

that would be some expert level "i've done this dozens of times" shit honestly, like if not for the detective going back over things he would have gotten away scott free

>omg ughh stop calling me naaaamees im gonna go to 8ch you're NEVER gonna see me again!!!

>I need to be spoonfed everything because paying attention so so fucking hard
Neck yourself, famalamadingdong.

>i can't imagine the girl being completely silent or just laying there and taking it

lucky for you i'm a literal genius that picked up that andrea was found lying on her stomach which is probably how she slept. so murderman sneaks in when naz has passed out, sees her lying there, pushes her head into the pillow while he stabs her thus muffling her screams.

and they do imply that he's done shit before.

aforementioned sperg outrage at attempted discussion

>and they do imply that he's done shit before.

hey, we watched the same episode! but none of that was murder, which is a whole other ballgame

Id like to know how old you are?
You got rumbled, deal with it. bloody hell.

It wasn't a mystery show.

>he puts this much stock into replies on a taiwan cook book forum

oh boy, i can't imagine how proud you must feel about literally nothing

even if he left behind a trace, hair or whatever no one was looking for that during the investigation. they had their perp and they were producing evidence to have him convicted more than sampling other stuff.

i just think your complaints are weird and nitpicky but whatever.

I still don't understand why the financial advisor killed her

knowing that saying a few words can get someone so upset is what gets me out of bed in the morning t.b.h.

They implied that he killed that other girl they found a couple of episodes ago.

did you even pay attention to the show or were you too busy checking your facebook while "watching"?

more like they saved it for the OH IT WAS HIM THE WHOLE TIME moment for the final episode because all we're doing here is literally speculating how he could of done it which is one of the problems with the finale: they never go over exactly what occured, they left it "redacted" as it were which is just a shitty way to end things imo

like i said, there's other silly shit to touch on too, but apparently this show is some sort of holy grail where people lose their shit if you try to talk about any of the negative aspects

>character development
there was no character development in this show

>they never go over exactly what occured
Kinda like real life.

the prostitute? the detective said he beat her like he was a serial abuser and then got shot by her pimp for it, didn't hear anything implying murder but yeah, that was bocks' (sp?) tip off in any case

>he really believes this

>I don't know

fucking hell

Thought the finale was good but the first episode is clearly the strongest in the series.

I have a question about what she says at the "beach" though: she says she owes somebody a lot of money, but what we learn in the end is that someone owes her money, right? Unless box was wrong?

>this show is some sort of holy grail

i thought episodes 2-6 were pretty bad but if you want to point out plotholes you shouldn't choose something that's been explained in the show.

negro pls, that's such a cop out

they could have taken 10 minutes away from other bullshit and given a primer on what happened if they wanted to, whether you think it was intended to add 'realism' or not

>i thought episodes 2-6 were pretty bad

we're opposites then, i thought the first six were the strongest, then it started to fall apart save for some key moment here and there

wasn't trying to point out plotholes either, so much as spark discussion about them but okay, everyone just wanted to get their panties in a bunch about it for some reason in any case

Why? It's not necessary. The story was about Naz and Stone.

>"we know who the killer is now, let's go get him" doesn't show them actually getting the right guy at all
Why? It doesn't add to the story. They know who the real killer is and they are already on his track. Seeing him in court etc would be redundant.

>completely fails to explain how this guy managed to get into a place without a key, stab a girl 22 times in the midst of her drugged out partner, have him wake up away from the scene, and both without a speck of blood on them despite the scene itself being covered in it
They showed that gate in the back of the house was never locked and the windows of the house could be climbed. About nas not being in the bedroom and the lack of their blood on the scene, there are a thousand ways that could've happened. Didn't you ever sleep outside of your room after a drunk night out?

>i could go on, about the lawyer he kissed smuggling drugs
Rookie lawyer, qt Nas, compassion, the list goes on

>but the best part of the episode was showing how they realized how hard they failed to apprehend/nail the right guy out of sheer want and willful ignorance, the way the justice system just plays with people as long as they get the right result, etc. and nas still being in prison in a way via his new addictions and outlook toward his mother despite being free
That was one of the points of the show, you retard. Even after Box showed that prosecutor hard evidence that the financial guy was in Andrea's apartment, the old hag still says "I have more on Nas" or something like that. It shows that the justice system is more about winning the case than actually finding out the truth.

it's not necessary to go over the reality of the event that gave birth to the situation those two characters ended up in? idk man, i wouldn't have minded knowing what actually took place, not saying i didn't like watching their arcs and the other shit going on, but it would have been nice to tie things up, sort of like a cherry on top

>That was one of the points of the show, you retard.
>but the best part of the episode was showing how they realized how hard they failed to apprehend/nail the right guy out of sheer want and willful ignorance, the way the justice system just plays with people as long as they get the right result

literally said exactly that, right there, jfc

Oh, I thought you were being sarcastic. Sorry

No. Not when the entire point of the show was the characters and the impact the story had on their lives. The case was a backdrop. This wasn't a Law & Order episode.

nah that was one of my favorite things about the series desu, not a place many shows go anymore, the wire was the last i can recall really going in on stuff like that actually

not saying they had to devote an entire episode to it, or show the guy on the stand, etc. they could have just thrown in a quick flashback outside of nas' point of view, the way they had been dropping them here and there with him trying to remember bit by bit

would have been a little more fulfilling, is what i'm saying, rather than simply seeing the detective follow him and calling it a day on that note

the ending was a total plebfilter

In many ways this reminded me of The Hunt. There's this constant sense of damnation, all the way through. Because even if he's not convicted and walks free, his entire life is still completely fucked.

the ending was satisfying

Would you recommend The Wire? I know it's really high rated, isn't it a bit dated for a crime show?

Reckon the show should have ended with the Naz scene at the bridge instead of the cat running across the apartment

can't recommend it enough user, literally one of my favorite television series of all times and probably GOAT, if you liked this you'll love the wire (the black kid the testified during nas' trial when they saw him going into her house that night is a main character btw as well as michael k. williams or 'fred knight' from nas' stint in rikers)

fair warning though, make sure you make it to at least the third season, the second might throw you off a bit in terms of direction but everything comes together in the end, i'd be incredibly surprised if you didn't like it, the police aspects make the night of's look like child's play

Not at all. They don't have the same technology we have now but police work is police work. It's actually kinda comfy when the characters are talking about computers like they're some kind of alien technology or just a hassle.

agree with both

Kitty Kino

I'll check it out, then. Thanks

>when bunk uses a copy machine as a lie detector

Or that episode where they have to explain text messaging to an audience surrogate

>reckon
get taste britshit

but i liked the cat scene user

the cat is basically naz anyway

;_;

;___;

last moment he could ever be truly happy. damn. also loved when he took his "sigh of relief" for finally being free, and that sigh also had those drug fumes come out with it, real powerful stuff.

One of my favorite scenes in all of TV. "Fuck" scene gets all the love but that's the best in the series.

wtf I hate white women now

really do think they've should've ended on that note, captures everything about how he's still back in riker's in a way

even more so since it took place after he basically called his mom out for thinking he did it, then pretty much left for that spot to get on the nod and be a sadboi

>smoking powdered heroin

what's with tv shows and doing this. they smoke black tar, not powder. i used to be a dope fiend and i have never seen anyway smoke powder, i don't even know if that would work.