Who was the best antagonist in dexter and why was it him?

who was the best antagonist in dexter and why was it him?

The show should have followed the books desu

Shut up, cunt.

why did the show go so downhill so hard immediately after season 4
did the writers/producers change or some shit?

>His brother
>Lila
>Miguel CITY FUCKING HALL
>Trinity
>TAKE IT
>The Sixth Sense
>Isaak "Take it in the crack" Sirko
>Autist

Trinity, Isaak and his brother were pretty much the only good ones to be honest

Isaak was definitely better than 2,5,6, and 8
I feel like Brian could've been much better if they didnt reveal him to the audience as the killer so early in the season, and Miguel's actor was fuckin great when he started to lose control even if his death was a little lackluster, which was sort of the point I guess

why did they feel the need to instantly give dexter a love interest as soon as his wife died

killing lundy off so early into the season was a big mistake

Last good season

>why was it him?
Well written, well acted, amazing turnabout from our expectations of Lithgow as a comedic, likable character (though that in itself was a turnabout from his much earlier roles as bastards). Dark and psychologically interesting.

Yeah, I'm kind of glad I stopped there. Purely a coincidence, but the last episode worked well as a series finale for me.

what I dont get about trinity is why when he was getting ready to kill the man in the cycle did he go to that bar and get the shit kicked out of himself, what did that serve? Was it just him fucking up picking a target or what

you fucked up Morgan

My personal favorite was Brian despite the popular choice being Trinity. He had some excellent moments with Dexter after revealing that they were brothers.

The books are worse than the show.

The Driver was fun desu

MIGUEEEEEEEL

yfw doakes was right

>not surprise motherfucker

You fucked up

Doakes was a little extreme but he was never wrong. They should have just put him in a coma instead of killing him and have him come back for the final season. It would have actually given them a reason to call an episode "surprise motherfucker".

The real antagonist of series 2 was Doakes. Who is obviously the best.

5 wasn't bad but they took so long with the build that they had to rush the end. I honestly thought Chief rapist was gonna survive the season and be the big bad for s6.
Which would have been a lot better than what we got.

Why would Dick be an antagonist?!

The high commander's been acting strange, we need to plan an intervention!

brrrr Big Giant Head incoming

>you're leaving da club and this guy calls you a cunt
What do you do?

kick the shit out of him when he starts calling me a faggot too

If you haven't seen it it's worth checking out. It will completely change your perception of him.

After this season is when I dropped the show

Okay. Gonna give it a try. Never bothered watching Dexter to be honest.

He isn't in it until season 4 but he won an golden globe for his performance in it.

yes

Grab a knife and tell him that I should have fucking killed him when I had the chance. I then forget to kill him.

Did you even watch that season? He was recreating his childhood traumas. That was the whole point.