Post an album you think it should be impossible to hate and other anons say why they hate/love it

Post an album you think it should be impossible to hate and other anons say why they hate/love it.

Her phoned in and inauthentic airy cutesy falsetto sometimes ruins entire songs

never listened to that album, the cover is supe r cute, what to expect?

beautiful falsetto with strings and guitar, adaptations of traditional music, simple folk songs, and nursery rhymes. 'Cute' pretty much sums it up

*notices your high feminine voice*

hahaha you should be emulating Nico like Bridget St John

agreed
it's cozy English folk, 30 after this the same singer collab'd with Animal Collective on Prospect Hummer

Not even his best
Not even his best album released in that era
Not even the best glam album
Not even the best glam album released that year

Everybody likes Interpol.

>>>>>american indie rock

gentle English woman sings you tales of gypsies, simple stories about counting the hours in the day, seeing a big fish on a visit to a river, accompanied by non-imposing strings and flutes. It literally is impossible to dislike

The best criticism you can come up with is its not the goat, that says it all.

LOL you left out the part that says "Nobody actually likes indeh rokk"
Who is this "everybody" you speak of? Your fellow alcoholic primadonna white hipster compatriots that charactarize cities because you think it makes you look deep?

Yet at the end of the day, Bolan reigns supreme. Everyone's happy.

I think you should bo back to sleep user.

i think brian eno is a hack so hate everything he's involved with on principal

that's all i got

Please explain why brian eno is a hack

ambient is a fun genre tho
Don't b a PREBBU user-chan

ambient is one of my favourite genres
the only reason eno is respected is an ambient musician is because he was so early, sure he was influential but the actual music he made isn't that great and has aged horribly

alrighty, fair enough, ambient 1 is not so bad though, I mean they stopped using it in airports because it made people miss their flights cuz they fell asleep. I think that shows it's decent

Haha I see your Bridget St John and raise you a Karen Dalton
Ahahah

I see your Karen Dalton and raise you a zombie from the grave

Good thing I have a necrophilia fetish

I know they do but I don't know what they could possibly dislike

Good ass album

I dislike it because pic related does the same thing so much better with less frills.

No joke the title track on this album is like a top 5 song for me, literally a song from heaven

>he thinks that a woman singing with a guitar and literally nothing else is better than Just Another Diamond Day

Yes, that is exactly my point. Sibylle's songwriting is so much stronger and her voice so much more distinctive and emotionally communicative that her and her guitar alone make for a stronger album.

but this is trash

her voice is rubbish and flat, the musicianship is amateurish and disinteresting, the lyrics are dull, it's so.... boring

that recording is so fucking good
i love this album but his voice/style is kinda weird so im sure that would be why

Run-o-da-mill 60s "folk" and a woman mumbling isn't strong songwriting nor distinctive/emotionally communicative. I'm sorry you fell for the less-is-more meme and the omg-kvlt-found-tapes meme

lol this

why is there one person who can't help but shill this trash? She's rubbish come on guys let's end the meme there are much better female folk singers

It's boring and takes too long to do what it does.

Mark Hollis sings like a dying cat

pretentious, and long-winded
and I don't even hate the album

I think the first four songs are 10/10 but after that it gets way too slow-paced for me and overall the funk influences take out a lot of the energy and edge that they had on their previous albums
More Songs About Buildings And Food is still their best imo

Impossible

>the actual music he made isn't that great and has aged horribly
I don't know user, the majority of his discography still sounds fantastic. The synthesizer outro on King's Lead Hat sounds as good as anything released today. Music for Airports was a pretty respectable entry in the minimalist repertoire. Apollo is mixed perfectly and stands up next to the Campfire Headphase for instance. et cetera.

>Karen Dalton
Good pick, she is incredible
>with less frill
Is your complaint really "there is too much music" ?

this is one of my favourite albums of the decade but i've had multiple people tell me they cannot stand frances' voice

Mine too
I think her voice has gotten a little worse over the years desu, I wouldn't change anything on Get Disowned but I saw them live and listened to Painted Shut first and couldn't stand it at first

If she switched up her vocals at all at any point, it would be an improvement. The way she sings gets tiring pretty quickly. That said, I don't hate the album