Any current or former heroin users lurking?

Any current or former heroin users lurking?

If there's someone who loves you is there anything they could do to help you stop using? I've never tried it before so I don't know what it's like. Any advice would be appreciated. Right now I feel like all I can do is get them some narcan to have around.

Other urls found in this thread:

smartrecovery.org/
youtu.be/P28ErxjBY4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not a user of what you asked about, however, I have attended group therapy sessions for my repetitive compulsive behaviors and eating disorder while all other participants have been ex-users of herion/meth/narcan/RXs. Hearing what they had to go through and what it seemed like for me is they really just need support. Need someone to listen to them, hear their frustrations. Have someone there that they can go to and feel totally comfortable to admit that they feel weak and they are not okay, and for the person they are telling that to not to be judgement, not to give advice, but just listen to them and support them without getting mad or upset.

again, I've never been a user, but listening to them the most important thing is support without judgement and, if they are not already in it, go to therapy to see a personal therapist who specializes in addiction and have group therapies with others.

beat the living shit out of the drug dealer
steal their stash and all their money too
or just inject them with their stash until they OD

pretty much the only way to fight this nasty war on drugs until it can actually be regulated and degenerates segregated from the rest of decent humanity

Thanks for the advice user, I think the thread is on its way to 404ing but I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Its a family member for me so it hurts seeing them like that but I think I've been doing pretty good about being supportive. I'm just afraid to be annoying and make them feel like that's all I see them as. I hope everything is going well with you though.

Go to Al-user.

Fuck that. Let it wipe out people. Less competition for me. Less worthless people on the earth.

The thought has crossed my mind
I might do that, I just don't want to seem judgmental of the people there

I'm gonna burst your bubble right now.

If you need 'help' quitting something, then you will never actually quit it.

Stopping any action requires a certain strength of will.

If you have it, if you can master the instincts of your flesh, then you do not need aid to stop any action.

If you lack it, then you are too weak to break yourself free.

/thread
YOU have to want to do it, because you're doing it for YOU not anyone else

I don't disagree with you, thats why I added the narcan part. Just curious if any anons have any insight from experience

Al-user is for family & friends of addicts, though a fair number are also addicts themselves. There's addiction in my family (though not heroin), and it's actually helped me a lot in dealing with it.

Former user. 2 years clean. No one could help me stop. Its not really possible. They need to want to stop. Most people want to but find it hard to deal with withdrawals. Get them treatment if theyre willing to go. Detoxing under a doctors supervision is much easier on the body and mind. Even after that its still a struggle.

This guys 16, max.

I needed help to get off it and managed to stay off it for years but youre right, will power is a must

True story. Opiate withdrawals are top tier shitty too. Getting clean is one hell of an up hill battle.

Former heroin addict here. I love heroin more than any woman ill ever love, my father, mother, everyone. Your addict is no different. The best thing you can do is not give them any money for ANY reason, and tie down everything that isn't locked up.

Took me about 8 full months to feel "normal" again when I could finally sleep normally and all the muscle aches and twitches were gone. Sometimes i still get restlessness in my arms and legs because of it. Shits the devil.

would seem so

i been injecting heroin for 20 years straight now, i do not want to ever stop. Most the time i can afford my fixes but on the odd occasion i will steal from big government organizations and never from regular people to get some of my mixes . Heroin is the best feeling in the world and i plan on doing it until im 90 years old

I was an addict for a decade and nothing could make me quit until I decided to quit.

My brother went through something similar and it's the same situation.

A thief will steal from you.

A junkie will steal from you, lie about it, and help you look for it.

So much crazy emotional bs comes along with it... it can be a real nightmare.

However, there is some hope.

SMARTtherapy helped me a bit, other people had similar results, I would encourage you to review some of their literature or have whoever you want to help come to a meeting. They do online chat or voice meetings and also IRL meetings depending on location.

Don't beat yourself up, you're not responsible for another's actions, don't enable, but if you really care about the person, try to get them help. Even if they don't like you for it.

I already mentioned SMART, but let me also suggest Ibogaine.

If you can afford it, that could potentially make life so much easier.

It's a damn shame they made it illegal in the US.

Also kratom isn't bad for weening off, it never got me high, but WD wasn't nearly as bad with it.

Don't forget about PAWS too, the ride isn't over after a few days without the drugs, and it takes a while for everything to get back in order.

Stay strong, OP/

lol

>I would never rob normal people

Bullshit.

>plan on doing it until im 90 years old

You can't sell your ass forever, user.

What help did you need?
What drove you to relapse after not using for so long?
Do you still feel untrustworthy? Is it ever safe to put a former user back in your life?

Trip balls on lsd

SMARTrecovery*

I know what you meant tho

smartrecovery.org/

I'm gonna guess 14

If they're on the East coast, I'll do it for a nominal fee.

medic here. not gonna sift through all the post but theres some stuff you need to know about narcan. Its not the miracle drug the media makes it out to be. Sure- its useful, I probably used it about 5x during today's shift alone, but you need to understand it.

Narcan does not "cure" the opiate. It essentially kicks the opiates off the receptor cells TEMPORARILY. A lot of drugs have a longer half life than narcan meaning that the narcan will wear off and they'll slip right back into respiratory arrest. If you have to give it the person needs to be monitored for the next several hours. Honestly taking them to the hospital is the best/most convenient option because they have the resources to dedicate someone to prevent them from slipping back into unconsciousness.

When you wake them up they will be confused. Many people are combative and try to fight you before they even know whats going on. It doesn't matter if you're their family/loved one. A lot of times they wake up angry. Sometimes they just start puking everywhere immediately. If whatever they took is laced with something else they can start having seizures or instantly switch to a different kind of high and can then become violent or harder to deal with.

Also he standard 2mg dose you will be given to do intranasal admin with will help for a new addict or traditional drugs. Older addicts taking heavier doses or start adding synthetics like fentanyl, carfentanyl, etc into the mix and that 2mg alone is not going to touch them. If its laced with a non-opiate that can have a similar effect (like a benzo) the narcan will appear to not do anything.

Honestly its safer to just call 911 and let us deal with it because we're prepared and have the proper tools. You'll likely be inclined to make a bad decision about letting them go about their business or not being able to control what they do after they wake up causing them to run off some where and drop again in 20min.

anyone who uses these drugs is contributing to the danger faced by our brave men in blue every day and deserves to get their shit fucking kicked in. FUCK DRUG USERS

also keep in mind this is from someone who fucking hates running overdoses. Its a mess of bullshit that I have to deal with and extra work because someone made a bad decision. I dont get paid by the call, I dont get any extra whether people call 911 or not. I honestly prefer they don't. But if you care about whoever it is, its the safest option. Honestly the 4-8min it takes to get an ambulance from when you actually find them will have a very minimal effect on their overall outcome. If they're going to be brain damaged or die from it the extra couple minutes won't make the difference.

If you still want to carry it for piece of mind, go for it - but I'd strongly recommend training on the drug and those situations, and be prepared for the consequences if shit goes south. You can't help people who don't want to help themselves.

>Fuck you people for being sick

ftfy

yes and I bet you think child molestors and murderers are just "sick" too, and need "help" not to be fucking locked up like the animals and scum they are like every other drug user hippie garbage who forces our brave men upholding the thin blue line to face untold dangers and hardships to just do there fucking job and go home to their wife and children at the end of the day. frankly if jeff sessions decided to just rip off the bandaid and crack down on all drug users - life imprisonment - the US would be a safer place for law enforcement and civillians

Pedophiles are sick by definition.

People murder for different reasons, some of them are sick.

If we focused on mental health in the US instead of locking up people for being addicts, we'd see less murder, child rape, and ODs.

Kill yourself, faggot.

>drug users - life imprisonment - the US would be a safer place for law enforcement and civillians

And have taxpayers foot the bill? No thanks.

Not a user but curious. I'm new to my city and really don't know my way around, but i'm curious how i'd know where to find someone I could buy opes from. Any suggestions what I should be on the lookout for?

youtu.be/P28ErxjBY4o

Use a fentanyl needle.

you could replace the word drug users in the last sentence with niggers and create and even safer US than you ever could by cracking down on drugs

usuing my first gram of u447700. about a little over 3/4 through. at first it took 20mg snorted to get me feeling it but i have been using 60g of kratom a day for months.

i want to shoot the last little bit i have of it. problem is, it's in a nasal spray bottle in PG. i cant remember if its 3mg or 6mg per .2ml. i have 1ml syringes with 27 gauge needles that are an inch and a quarter and iive had trouble in the past trying to shoot hexen and missing,

so yeah, either 24 or 48 had me nodding when i got off work and could dose higher, anybody have any recommendations?