Is it, dare I say it. The only perfect Hip Hop album?

Is it, dare I say it. The only perfect Hip Hop album?

The last couple tracks bring it down a little bit, but majority of the album is up there. I legit can't listen to B.I.B.L.E. after how hard everything else is.

That's top 3

>Brotha Lynch Hung

Haven't seen anyone post that motherfucker for awhile.

this is bait but
>drake
>lil yachty
>cherry bomb
>watch the throne
>culture

awful

>Someone thinks Liquid Swords is overrated
>Must be bait

Bait or not.
Remove half of the mainstream meme garbage and you have a solid list.

not saying its overrated, but to say that lil boat is a better album is weak bait

How can you not like BIBLE? Wtf

Lil Boat has better production and is more fun to listen to than GZA's boring ass talking about the same shit the rest of the Wu talks about in a needlessly complex way

Wrong jedi mind tricks servants in heaven kings in hell is the greatest hip hop album of all time, GZA has done tracks with jedi mind tricks tho so real recognizes real.

I've only seen this in one hip-hop essentials chart which is sad because this is the only perfect hip-hop album for me

You have to be 18 to post here

>Lil Boat has better production
having RZA produce your album in 95 is like having kanye produce your album now, since you know he literally got his whole sample style from RZA

thank god someone made a list because im sick of hip hop illiterate kids spewing that liquid swords is one of the best albums of all times when its not even the best solo debut wu tang album

It's definitely top 5 wu albums. And that still puts it pretty high in hip hop overall

It's not a bad song, but I don't think it fits well as the closer to this album. The albums got 50 minutes of heavy hard hitting tracks, then BIBLE. It just feels like it doesn't fit in with every else.

I'll give you one thing.

You gave me something to do during this thread.

Shitty meme album loved by Avant RYMers.

Just curious which one you think it is. I grapple between Liquid Swords and OB4CL all the time.

Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version > Liquid Swords > Cuban Linx

are you 16? Because I used to think mystic styelz was amazing when I was 16 also. every song on the album "nigga nigga nigga shoot a nigga for satan nigga got a jason mask nigga do a satanic ritual nigga nigga"

>It's definitely top 5 wu albums
nah

>OBFCL
>supreme clintele
>liquid swords
>ironman
>fishscale
>return to the 36 chambers
>tical
>36 chambers
personally it goes, i want to say 6th best solo WU album. I definitely wouldn't hold it in such high regard though because Raekwon and Ghost had better beats, Ghost has infinitely better delivery and personality than GZA and raekwon had definitely top 3 debut albums. I like GZA's vocabulary but his delivery is boring, its kind of upsetting because cold world and I gotcha back are really good songs

Ghost and raekwon both have the best debut album, OBFCL and ironman are both better than liquid swords. OBFCL is exeptional because of ghostface tho and the great instrumental selection

Anyone else wanna do the fillout? Could be fun.

It sounds dope with amazing production, hip-hop isnt the genre if you're looking for music that's deep or with a GOOD message

Not even the best of the first round of solo wu-tang albums

36 chambers tho

>No Name
>Dong Lover

WEW there's a lot wrong but those two

No wrong shut up.

Imagine thinking this is better than OB4CL, SL or Ironman

SL = Supreme Clientele, meant SC my bad bros

How come you used to have such good taste and now it's shit?

Make way, idiots.

good hip hop has both of those, or at least actually has good lyricism

36 Chambers is better.

But Liquid Swords should have been the follow up to 36 Chambers and really feels like it is, but there's obviously not enough features for it to not be a GZA album.

*blocks your path*

You seem to have uploaded the wrong image, friend

Black people do not listen to any of these albums

no it's not, just look how fucking shitty and corny try hard lyrical rappers are (Logic, J. Cole, Big Sean, etc.) You can't force that shit, especially if you're flow is shit and you can't get good producers. Not only that, but Three-6 Mafia got fantastic flows. every single member of the group can clearly spit, who cares if they're not rapping some corny ass shit on why they're victims, they're still rapping about stuff that's reflective of Memphis culture

That album is genuinely rough to get all the way through

It's not my problem if black people have shitty taste in music.

The only track I ever feel like skipping is Quentin's on the Way, and I listen to this album almost every day.

no one cares you fucking idiot

If this is your idea of a perfect hip hop album then you're a pleb.

they don't have to.

I'm gonna save this, just because I'm sure to get replies if i post it.

The production is so bad that's it just hard to enjoy for me

>implying black people listen to hip hop

>"hip-hop"
cringe af. Who gives a fuck about 25 year old albums from NYC bruh listen to some phonk or Texas chop and screw

I do. Didn't know I was only allowed to listen to one type of music.

I agree white kids only listening to 90s NY shit is cringey, but you're trying way to hard man

> listen to some phonk or Texas chop and screw

You just sound like some white kid that thinks he's "not like the others".

Who do you listen to?

>race validates music

Yeah but it really does though

lol, so I guess I was right? Figures.

pleb.

>If you're white you can't listen to 90s hip hop
What the fuck is up with this thread
Did I stumble onto tumblr

t. priviliged white cisgender male

tfw no money to pay my white male tax because the slavery reparations tax was too high this week

wrong

nobody cares about your shit taste motherfuckers

36 chambers is the only rap album ever made that doesn't have a song that is a filler, counting out the remixes. Every track could have been a single.

go listen to exmil ya dingus

ooooh mad one

The last couple tracks are the best though.
Investigative Reports is one of the best songs on it.

I like all those albums but LS exists in a world of its own. It's an extremely singular record. By far the darkest Wu-Tag affiliated album ever. I can see clear similarities between Cuban Linx and Ironman but LS is just some place else.

I put the waters in all green cuz its one of my faves

Salty.

>Likes J Cole
Opinion immediately discarded

Actually I'm a chicano from Texas

I do.

Bitch.

had this album on repeat after rediscovering it the other day, now I'm considering it to be better than 36 chambers, fucking straight bars back to back i luv it

nah OP it's probably just the best one you've heard

Nope.

Other perfect hip hop albums:

Mad Skillz - From Where??
InI - Center of Attention
Jamal - Last Chance, No Breaks
Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
Craig Mack - Project: Funk Da World
Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show

Don't need to skip more than once song each

I seriously hope people aren't stupid enough to think OB4CL is better than Liquid Sword.

Nah

>Ironman
>better than Liquid Swords

No way

This. It's a 10/10.

Yeah I never understood the comparisons. The only similarities they share is that all of those albums are by Wu-Tang members

I agree

Investigative Reports is indeed one of the highlights of the album but I Gotcha Back is the track before B.I.B.L.E., not IR

Black people don't listen to Sufjan Stevens either, but do you see me complaining?

>Late registration
>XXX
>RTJ
>Tha Carter 3
>Childish Gambino
>better than The Infamous and Capital Punishment

Sup Forums is such a fucking trash place to discuss hip hop

sure, if you cut the intro

Get ready for my hot opinions
I liked ESGN more than Pinata
My favorite Nas album is the lost tapes and I think Madvillainy is maybe the most overrated album posted frequently on Sup Forums.

How
How
Fuck you

I think Madlib is a much better producer than rapper. I would put Pinata over Madvillainy simply because Gibbs is a much better rapper.

Absolutely is
>camay
>motherless child
>wildflower
>Daytona 500
>winter warz
>poisonous darts
It just indivually better songs which makes it better as a project accompanied by the fact he has a godtier delivery and a personality

It really is though, Sup Forums was a half decent place to discuss hip hop a few years ago but ever since the memerap shitstorm it has been a terrible place. Anyone who's discussing hip hop here is either posting some fantano trendy shit or 90's hip hop for the millionth time.

>Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
Put it on I'm very indifferent towards compared to the rest