What kind of music does your family listen to, Sup Forums?

What kind of music does your family listen to, Sup Forums?

>Dad
My dad's favorite bands are Led Zeppelin and the Allman Brothers Band. He likes rock music in general, but he especially likes Southern rock, blues rock, and hard rock. He hates electronic music and rap.
>Mom
She doesn't listen to much music (she usually has some podcast playing in the background), but she likes the Rolling Stones and Kanye West. Other than that, she likes folk music/soft rock/whatever else is easy on the ears.
>Oldest sister
Haven't talked to her about music in awhile, but she used to be really into Mumford and Sons, the Black Keys, and Muse. I'm pretty sure that she, for the most part, likes generic indie rock and folk rock.
>Brother
My brother likes 50's-90's music. He is very much a person "born in le wrong generation". He's particularly infatuated with 50's and 60's music, and likes listening to Elvis.
>Older sister
Generic indie rock and top 40 music, she likes Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes.

>dad
dub, punk, hip hop, trap and grunge

>mom
christian rock and gospel

>sis
mac demarco, odd future, ariel pink and madonna

fuck off retard. go eat dinner with your family why dont you

I do eat dinner with them, just because my taste in music is different in theirs doesn't mean I hate them.
Jesus Christ.

I don't know much but

>mom
80s rock like guns n roses and country music

>dad
rock bands like the beatles or queen or zeppelin

>little brother
genuinely no idea. ive only heard him listen to the "in" songs at the moment

>myself
jpop

>mom
led zeppelin is her favorite band, also the who, the doors, the beatles, general classic rock

>dad
bob dylan, some modern indie stuff, folk-ish music in spanish that i don't know how to categorize

>older sis
general pop rap (kodak black, lil uzi vert, a$ap rocky, etc) & shitty soundcloud rap (especially lil peep, she won't fucking shut up about how in love with him she is)
i also introduced her to death grips and she seems to like them

>Dad
Dad rock stuffs, his favorite band is Deep Purple and Rod Stewart

>Mom
Unironically kpop and whatever we listen to, btw she watches a lot of kdrama

>Older sister
Mainstream pop stuffs and occasionally 80's hair band, does not like hip-hop one bit

>Dad
Coldplay, a bunch of dadrock and wank rock, some Yes, Rush, Ludovico Einaudi, Hans Zimmer, it's pretty broad.
>Mom
Whatever the fuck is on
>Brother
I really have no idea, he never talks to me
>Sister
Listens to whatever is popular, and a lot of my dad's poppy stuff.
And blink 182

>Dad
Grunge music and rock music, particularly from the '70s to the early 2000s. Especially the '80s and the '90s.

>Mom
Top 40 music and old songs from the '50s to the '80s, she also loves some music from the '90s and 2000s.

>Brother
Hip-Hop/Rap, he's a wigger.

>Sister
Top 40 music and some other stuff.

>Girlfriend (might as well include her here)
Top 40 music, country music, film, video game and anime soundtracks, etc...
She has a very wide outlook on her preferences on music, just like me, and we often share similar tastes on music.

>Dad
April Wine, Rolling Stones, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd (mainly The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon) and other dad rock music
>Mom
whatever my dad listens to, not really a big music listener but she likes Elvis
>Brother 1
used to be big on Slayer, Metallica, and Black Sabbath. now he listens to top 40 country and the Warcraft movie soundtrack.
>Brother 2
Mostly hip hop, Wu-Tang Clan and NWA to name a couple.
>Me
really shitty bandcamp emo and folk punk artists

>dad
dont really know him that well, but he listens to a lot of goth music and like gary numan and goes to lame german goth festivals

>mum
likes a lot of 80s stuff, particularly echo & the bunnymen, the cure, pixies, the fall,b-52s, devo, etc

>sister
whatevers on triple j so like beach house, or just old pop punk or the smiths

most of my music taste comes from my mum, but im more into what she calls "that wussy shit" aka more synths

>dad
George Thurogood, ZZ Top, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Tech N9ne, Nine Inch Nails, Matchbox 20, most country (he was a country bassist) anything in between
>Mom
The aforementioned, plus twentyone pilots, imagine dragons, newer fallout boy, etc.
>younger sis
GnR, Boston, Disney movie songs, Ariana Grande, assorted normie rap idk

>Dad
Mostly latin music (salsa, reggaeton, batchata, etc.) and hip hop, some R&B and Roch 'n Roll as well.
>Mom
Doesn't listen to music other than what is on the local radio.
>Sister
Mostly hip hop and trap music, with some R&B and pop (so basically mainstream urban music).

Mom: green day, nickelback, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, the beach boys, Elvis, David bowie, Coldplay
Dad: shitty 80s British punk, and he's fucking taken over my music by stealing my CDs and claiming the bands I like as 'his' by getting their new shit and going to their shows. Alone. Dude came home at 7am one time covered in blood and plastered. Apparently called some guy a fucking Arab in a mosh pit. I fucking hate his bald fat fucking face and I can't wait till I move out. He's 53 but acts 13.

Gay Bro: whatever indie/emo stuff his friends recommend him. Weirdly into Nofx too. Such a shit band.

Me: honestly my dad has made it hard to enjoy anything I used to like so I mostly listen to the weird shit I find online from Rym/this godforsaken piece of shit website. Mostly noise rock, post punk and stuff.

> dad
2tone ska, punk, reggae, ebm, some post-punk
> mom
New wave, grunge, The Cure, Tront, also she was part of the 90s rave scene when I was a kid so trance and techno or whatever
> me
Mostly industrial, noise, punk, and post-punk

Your family must be disappointed that their kid is a weeb.
WGT is killer, man. I waste money on it every year.
That sounds like my dad. Except he's like 42 or something.

>dad
industrial, metal, punk, anything hard from the 80s-90s is his preference

>mom
punk, indie, mostly for the look and how much she has a crush on whichever singer is in the band like paul westerberg, jon richman, richard hell

>sister
used to be heavy into alt, punk and ska but now only listens to 60s girl bands and the talking heads as far as i can tell

>dad
reggae/ska, punk/hardcore, alternative, and grunge
>mum
idk prob queen and new wave stuff, whatever was popular but not any pop from today
>sister
top 40 and sometimes shitty rap
>me
mainly metalfag but also rock

mom was part of the 80s SF hardcore scene, doesn't listen to a ton of it anymore but still likes stuff like flipper, dead kennedys, etc. nowadays she listens to a lot of indie, last time i was in the car with her she asked me to put on the new mountain goats

stepdad listens to stereotypical dadrock, i think tom petty is his favorite artist of all time. i got him into a little bit of dinosaur jr tho

>mom
local soft rock and pop bands, momcore, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin

>dad
favourite band is U2, generally likes local dadcore and whatever the rock radio plays

>stepdad
true manly man music; hick metal and rock, complains about other peoples tastes and pop covers of songs

>younger brother
i know he was obsessed with Gorillaz but mainly listens to 90s hip-hop nowadays, general youtube-core, chill radio shit

>godfather
huge proghead, favourite band is Pink Floyd, generally anything late 60s to 70s, Zappa, Beefheart, Wigwam, the list goes on..., tfw a 60-year-old can't rec his godson anything new for him so he brings up Dream Theater and prog metal

>younger step brother
pretty sure he's at least mildly autistic; listens to minecraft parodies on youtube

i wanna fuck your sister

>dad:
Metal, hardcore punk, funk, jazz, disco and folk

My mom actually died before I had the chance to ever talk about this with her

>sister:
Trap, trip hop, deep house and rap

Pic is extremely unrelated

>Dad
Smashing Pumpkins, REM, Dixie Chicks, Beastie Boys

>Mom
Hymns, Joni Mitchell, Eric Clapton

>Dad
Grunge, synthpop (mostly annoying 80's ones), alternative rock, rarely pop-punk

>Mom
Stuff like scorpions, tears for fears, general shit like that.

>Brother
Post-Grunge, hardcore, DnB, techno

>Sister
Emo, 80's hair metal, indie,

>dad
He's a huge Bob Dylan fanboy, also he loves Pink Floyd
>mom
Whatever's on the radio
>younger brother
He loves the soundtracks of the games he plays (Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy any Mario game) so he just puts the games on but stays in the places where his favorite songs play

my brother is only 10 btw

>dad
dadrocc, buttrocc, but he's willing to accept and listen to my music every now and then
>mom
adele, john legend, meme shit you heard on the radio 2 years ago
>little brother
pop, j cole, and kendricc (he's 12)
>me
whatever meme shit i find on this site
>uncle
actually based, listens to joe satriani which is good enough for dadrock and listens to some classical music
>cousin
meme shit that you heard on the radio 2 years ago
would lowkey smash your sister

>Dad
listens to mostly prog rock, jazz and classical
he's seen zappa, beefheart and sun ra live which i'm really jealous of
>Mum
70s-80s folk mostly but she also plays sax so she listens to sax music sometimes as well
>Older sister
Almost entirely muscial theatre soundtracks, but her boyfriend listens to a lot pop punk so he's getting her into that as well

>Mom
Anything popular after 2000, rock classics, some metal, rap. Can tolerate some Sup Forumscore.

>Dad
Redneck but not even American. Likes Cuntry, Afrikaans 'music' and some rock.

>Brother
Just loops Imagine Dragon's Radioactive and 'might have a little dirt on my boots'. Pop radio. Would listen to numetal if I didn't joke about it.

>Cousins
Any pop music that makes you want to kill yourself

>Gramps (maternal)
Bad covers of good songs (how can so many people agree on one shitty drumbeat?). Classic rock.

>Gran (paternal)
Solely Afrikaans unless if it has swearing

>Step-mom
EDM and country

>inb4 underage gtfo

Did brother 1 have any traumatic experiences?

>Dad
Everything but hip hop and electronic music but mostly folk and 70's and 80's rock/metal
>Brother
Meme rap
>Sister
Generic Indie pop,rap and the top 40
>mom
Doesn't listen to much but from what she does it's mostly Pop ballads,some folk and pop in general

>Father
Steely Dan and Bach for the most part

>Mother
Anything Swans-related, Einstürzende Neubauten, Lifelover, and most of the kscope catalog

>Little Brother
mostly modern hip hop, his favourite is Run The Jewels I think

who is this boy

It's the

EYE OF THE SPIDER

IT'S THE THRILL OF THE FIGHT

BUT WATCH OUT

I'M AN EXCELLENT FIGHTER

Hatsune Mikuo

>dad
Bruce Springsteen
whatever he finds at garage sales
>mom
radio pop
The Avett Brothers
Fleet Foxes
>sis 1
radio pop/indie/hip-hop
>sis 2
country
>bro 1
radio pop/indie/hip-hop
>sis 3
radio pop/indie
>bro 2
Billy Joel, Elton John, any piano rock really
The Avett Brothers
closest to me in age so I we swap music sometimes

your dad sounds patrish af

Marry Dad
Fuck Brother
Kill Older sister

>dad
pixies, melvins, butthole surfers, olivia tremor control, chumbawumba, etc etc

>mom
a LOT of elliott smith, nick drake, fleetwood mac, liars, a lot of misc. darkwave + psychedelic rock

> dad
used to be in a post-punk band. Lots of prog rock, southern rock, and blues but I've gotten him into post-rock and some shoegaze

> mom
mostly Persian pop music

> brother
mumblerap and top 40

> just because my taste in music is different in theirs doesn't mean I hate them.

welcome to Sup Forums

Who here /onlychild/
>Dad
Dadrock, shitty jazz fusion, Buckethead, Beastie Boys (but nothing else as far as rap goes). Has an intense hatred for the Beatles and Queen, though, so he's got that going for him.

>Mom
Generic shitty momrock and U2. Nothing else really.

>Me
Funk, soul, MPB, prog, indie rock, metal, the list goes on...

Dad likes The Wedding Present, The Chameleons and XTC
My Mum likes My Bloody Valentine, Belle and Sebastian and The Field Mice

amongst other bands of course

>Dad
Simon & Garfunkel, CSN, VM, mostly folk revival, but some classical and rock
>Mom
Eric Clapton, Supertramp, Ted Nugent
>Sister
Honestly no clue, but she's a professional vocalist and I remember she was into indie rock in high school (she's 8 years older)
>Oldest brother
Classical, Opera, Post-Rock, some Jazz
>Youngest brother
Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, most rock
>Dog
Beach Boys

Fuck Mom
Marry Dog
Kill youngest brother

Bonus: Talk to Sister - honestly she's a professional musician and you have no clue what music she likes? Wake up, asshole.

Dad: Talking Heads, Todd Rundgren, Devo, Cat Stevens, The Clash, Arcade Fire, The Cars. Very cool guy, has turned me on to good obscure new wave bands.

Mom: Elvis Costello, Los Lonely Boys, older soul and R&B. Doesn't really listen to or discuss music often.

Brother: Tool, Enter Shikari, Aesop Rock, August Burns Red, romanticism, and awful brostep and reggaeton. His taste is so broad in both quality and genres, I don't fucking get it.

>Dad
Gorillaz and some other stuff. Didn't really know him
>Mom
Metal, classic rock, etc. She was born on the sixties so it'd make sense
>Brother
Death grips, The Killers, and Arctic Monkey. Mostly bland pop/scene music