/classical/

Honouring Jews in classical music edition.

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=peLh1EjbN6U
youtube.com/watch?v=pjeGKHJCimQ
youtube.com/watch?v=56rapuxD6vc
youtube.com/watch?v=2Kp38BUjPNI
youtube.com/watch?v=JCJ8atkdIIk
youtube.com/watch?v=dBsTE05Njtw
youtube.com/watch?v=FCjTg959j1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=BEcSQ8BTlPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=klQY_X1clMs
youtube.com/watch?v=BSMBxp8QaOI
youtube.com/watch?v=5gOIOKB2k7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=lJp-ZFYqdKE
youtube.com/watch?v=QmpbwCCm7Ws
youtube.com/watch?v=UMqzr88QVic
youtube.com/watch?v=OkxKCW8nq0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=PT8pLUalaDg
youtube.com/watch?v=f0uSpha5Ucc
youtube.com/watch?v=sHI2xyyH-CU
youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o
youtu.be/hoINrtIWpTA?t=55s
youtube.com/watch?v=0tBIkADzHhI
youtube.com/watch?v=g-oz0bLZs_A
youtube.com/watch?v=fOiZFV-MSQY
youtube.com/watch?v=v_7ONG_LQnA
youtube.com/watch?v=CBxkXoTEqOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brahms

youtube.com/watch?v=peLh1EjbN6U

youtube.com/watch?v=pjeGKHJCimQ

It's only the most essential recording of Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 24.

who is your favorite composer, and why?

petzold

>middle stave in the 2nd movement of Schumann's Humoreske is unplayed
>it's not even hidden under the fluff in the 16th notes
Is there a reason for this? How fascinating
youtube.com/watch?v=56rapuxD6vc

he is playing it.

hes doubling it at the octave as an echo but he's not playing the notes in the staff itself

Brahms because he's daddy.

Mahler, or Feldman.

Mahler for any good mood; and Feldman for anything pale.

They are the only two I continually go back to. Also Bach, but Bach's Bach.

Brahms
youtube.com/watch?v=2Kp38BUjPNI

sometimes its very faint but sometimes you can hear it. in any case theres a lot of recordings with the whole line as a primary voice

examples
youtube.com/watch?v=JCJ8atkdIIk
youtube.com/watch?v=dBsTE05Njtw
youtube.com/watch?v=FCjTg959j1Y

20th Century wind primary focused pieces made before 1990?

youtube.com/watch?v=BEcSQ8BTlPQ

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post...

>honouring jews
heh

>jews
Oh boy, here we go again

Again?

we shouldn't forget this jew who caused Wagner to become an absolute madman without even noticing

Last thread a group of Sup Forums sitposted for muh jews musician muh perverted culture...

God bless them.

>jews ruin the only good thread format on Sup Forums with their megalomania again

I'm fairly certain Rosen wrote about this piece in The Romantic Generation, but I can't remember what he actually said.

youtube.com/watch?v=klQY_X1clMs

What are some good waltzes?

Also fuck jews

>this thread
Further proof that Schoenberg is underrated.

The best pianists are all Jews.

Beethoven don't

>Signum are proud to present the debut recording from the Chineke! Orchestra, in a new live orchestral recording from The Royal Festival Hall, London. Drawn from exceptional musicians from across the continent, the orchestra is part of the Chineke! Foundation – a non-profit organisation that provides career opportunities to young Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) classical musicians in the UK and Europe. Their motto is ‘Championing Change and Celebrating Diversity in Classical Music.The orchestra is the brainchild of Chi-chi Nwanoku MBE, FRAM, who describes the project’s aim as being “... to create a space where BME musicians can walk on stage and know that they belong, in every sense of the word."

I guess if you can't sell a record on the basis of its own interpretive or virtuosic merits, might as well sell it on diversity. They should have done something other than the 800th recording of the New World, though. Retards.

These days you can't sell records based on "interpretive or virtuosic merits". The amount of people that think classical had its heyday 100 years ago is matched only by the amount of people who think classical performance had its heyday 50 years ago. For them, modern performances are only ok but can't match dusty old mono recording #1.

Gimmicky orchestra performing gimmicky modern work isn't going to sell enough to pay for the plastic in the CD so they might as well churn out a warhorse to sell to completists that won't listen to it much anyway.

>50 years ago
>dusty old mono recording #1
hmmmmmm

Eh, that's not really true. Sure, for the romantic era we have plenty of "golden age" recordings that even most modern conductors worship (in case you think that those "people" are exclusively listeners), but there's still quite a bit of excitement for new renaissance, baroque, and classical recordings. And I'd say even the romantic era still get its fair shake, but it's more dependent on the work in question.

I met a violist who plays in this orchestra. Nice fellow, lodges with a family I know. He plays in loads of ensembles outside of it and seemed to just treat it as another source of income more than some grand racial rebalancing thing.

shoo shoo poly

Yeah, doesn't surprise me. The whole, "save the world from muh racisms," thing oft comes off as a marketing schtick these days. I have an acquaintance who performs in an ethnic theater group who feels similarly about it, despite what the over-the-top marketing seems to suggest...

Schubert because he's speaks to me on a manlet level

In which folder is Händels Messiah? domo arigato gosaimas

Toru Takemitsu - Face of Another Waltz

>Clown without jest
or maybe the jest is just ironic

Are there any highly mixolydian-oriented composers. Maybe like Adams but not minimalist?

You ever heard of this obscure guy named, I dunno, AARON COPLAND?

youtube.com/watch?v=BSMBxp8QaOI

Did someone say Jews?

Actually, Mendelssohn is treated kind of respectfully by Wagner compared to the unrepentant Jew Meyerbeer

"

I believe that richess is like love in the theatres and novels: no matter how often one encounters it...it never misses its target if effectively wielded...[Nothing] can grow back the foreskin of which we are robbed on the eighth day of life; those who, on the ninth day, do not bleed from this operation shall continue to bleed an entire lifetime, even after death."

Thinking in modes is only something bad musicians do, like guitarists

>like guitarists
D-delete this

Reposting cause no one answered me last thread:

Who are some Chopin performers in the vein of Saint-Saens?
youtube.com/watch?v=5gOIOKB2k7Y
Was listening to this earlier, and I really like how distinguishable both hands are. Hear quite a bit of detail that I don't find in modern performers of Chopin at all.

Ignaz Friedman
youtube.com/watch?v=lJp-ZFYqdKE

Moriz Rosenthal
youtube.com/watch?v=QmpbwCCm7Ws

Emil von Sauer
youtube.com/watch?v=UMqzr88QVic

Alfred Cortot
youtube.com/watch?v=OkxKCW8nq0Y

Thank you!

>Friedman

>One always hopes to discover live radio performances, but while searching for these elusive beasts, a regrettable cul-de-sac was reached. Not one disc survives from the recordings made of the thirty odd hours aired over Australian radio. The A.B. C. archives were once "updated" in the 1960's providing 500,000 records as fodder for a landfill adjacent to a highway, clearly visible from the A.B.C. 's own Sydney offices (facing north). Friedman's Liszt B minor Sonata, both Sonatas of Chopin, eight concerti, major works by Schumann and Brahms are in good company; Schnabel had toured Australia in 1939 and his transcriptions are also filled in the same heap.

I cri

Godspeed

Unfortunately this kind of mistreatment towards archived material is pretty common. Such is life.

Was there a more beautiful musical bromance?

Is there a better way of indicating that you wish to hear a certain tonality?

also

>mfw

Hindemith

youtube.com/watch?v=PT8pLUalaDg

>Wagner was a proto-nazi who wanted the destruction of Jews
Why is this meme seem so common?

Andrzej Panufnik. Thank me later.

A lot of people don't bother to read up on the subject.

Because people are utterly unaware of 19th century politics and that words like "untergehen" signify assimilation, not destruction

Also because people are way to obsessed with their identities and think assimilation is bad

>In 1914, at the beginning of World War I, Magnard sent his wife and two daughters to a safe hiding place while he stayed behind to guard the estate of "Manoir de Fontaines" at Baron, Oise. When German soldiers trespassed, he fired at them, killing one of them, and they fired back and set the house on fire. It is believed that Magnard died in the fire, but his body could not be identified in the remains.

Brutal. Wonder if his music is any good, guess I'll try one of the symphonies

>This Reger is a sarcastic, churlish fellow, bitter and pedantic and rude. He is a sort of musical Cyclops, a strong, ugly creature bulging with knotty and unshapely muscles, an ogre of composition. In listening to these works...one is perforce reminded of the photograph of Reger which his publishers place on the cover of their catalogue of his works, the photograph that shows something that is like a swollen, myopic beetle with thick lips and sullen expression, crouching on an organ bench.

youtube.com/watch?v=f0uSpha5Ucc

frog-like

I think I listened to his 4th (or was it the 3rd?) Symphomy forever ago. It was alright, typically murky like most late romantic works, I found it kind of hard to follow without a score. Dramatic openings, strong endings, but I frequently got lost in the middle.

>2017
>still no significant microtonal works

"yes"

youtube.com/watch?v=sHI2xyyH-CU
We seem to be on the cusp of realizing the power of microtones.

You clearly don't know my posting style at all.

That's just retarded. You calling Pre-diatonic composers and guys like Bartok guitarists?

SDF, what the fuck have you been up to?

quite honestly what I want to see is microtonality being used structurally taking advantage of new modulation opportunities in a real true romantic context. Kind of in the way Messiaen did with the modes of limited transposition.

He's down with the hood in Chicago now

Yeah the only composer I have seen make good structural use of microtones in a diatonic sense is Easley Blackwood. It would be cool to have more stuff like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=HbuFPpiJL1o

What is the best recording of Beethoven's 9th?

Boulez is pretty great

youtu.be/hoINrtIWpTA?t=55s

Karajan with the berliner philharmoniker is, in my opinion, the best version.
>muh Cobra
That guy is just a meme
>mu Wilhelm Furtwaengler
Pretty good, bu toot old recordings

literally vomited upon reading this

Always makes me think that Wagner is the only composer that people raise the "can you listen to the music without thinking about the composer" question, as though all other composers throughout history have been saints.
Also the sort of people that raise the issue are the same ones who decry Zionism to the point of being anti-Semitic themselves. Makes me think very, very hard indeed.

shagging trannies in America whilst bearing the gospel of Scherchen to the ends of the Earth

Right what opera do I listen to/watch this evening?

>The Stone Guest
>Lohengrin
>Life for the Tsar
>I Puritani
>Jenufa
>Tannhauser
>Don Carlo
>Flying Dutchman
>Boris Godunov

Recently I listened to some Mussorgsky. It was Godunov I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=0tBIkADzHhI

Schuricht is underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-oz0bLZs_A

Haaaaa
This desu

Top kékszakállú

Let's be honest here: Wagner would have totally supported the nazis. He was a top tier opportunist who had no problems pandering to the highest authorities (he had no problems composing King Ludwig's childish fantasies by preying upon German mythology), he died as an anti-semite (and you're wrong if you downplay it: in Wagner's times the intensity of his antisemitism was considered bad taste, his brand of antisemitism wasn't common at all), and he had an adoration for heroic figures (and all the post-Wagnerian saw that in the figure of Adolf Hitler).

Even if it is speculation, I have absolutely no doubt Wagner would have composed glorious operas for the Nazi party, and then proceed to shun it as soon as its demise became evident, jumping on the next political train.

>Wagner is the only composer that people raise the "can you listen to the music without thinking about the composer" question, as though all other composers throughout history have been saints.
Most composers have been saints, compared to Wagner. He was a bully, an absolute narcissist with a personality cult going on and a downright dishonest person. Of course this does not detract one bit from the quality of his music. Sure, the Meistersinger may be antisemitic, and it was written as a crowdpleaser for the now nationalist Germany, but can anything bad be said about the music itself? It is beyond perfection in every possible musical department.

>Also the sort of people that raise the issue are the same ones who decry Zionism to the point of being anti-Semitic themselves. Makes me think very, very hard indeed.
That's a pretty vague polemic.

>be me, Gustav Mahler (a Jew, then converted to Christianity, otherwise no job would have been available to me in the early 20th century antisemitic Vienna)
>study compositions, music literature, any branch of theory you could imagine and orchestration like a mofo all my life, all day long
>put every single music idea I've had in about 15 hours of music
>I really don't give a fuck, I'll make variations out of the repeat and I'll fill them with enough ideas to write 2 other conventional symphonies

Was Mahler /ourguy/?

No

>we hate Jews (not me personally but the site obviously does)
>we don't put effort into things
>we have no discernible talent

>we hate Jews
>>>>>>we
/classical/ is a Zionist pro-Isreal general.

Oh well fuck this place then. I mean I don't hate Jews but Israel is a fucking geopolitical tumor.

Busoni

youtube.com/watch?v=fOiZFV-MSQY

>oh vey
this

Jews are superior human beings: their survival and comfort justifies any sort of compromise from Israel's side.
Regardless, how many great pianists, composers, violinists and conductors came outside of Palestine?

this

also this

Poor third country musician reporting in.
Is there any site or program (like soulseek) where I can download modern, copyrighted scores? Apart from imlsp, of course.
A serie of scores that I'm searching at the moment is Schnabnel's Beethoven's Sonatas technical edition.

youtube.com/watch?v=v_7ONG_LQnA
youtube.com/watch?v=CBxkXoTEqOw
Literally can't stop myself from CUMMING

Early Stokowski recordings are godly

kektzold