ITT we discuss when we became Atheists

ITT we discuss when we became Atheists

Pic a little related

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaKzQNlMFw&ved=0ahUKEwiGqq_HzfDUAhVG4YMKHXZPAV0Qo7QBCCMwAw&usg=AFQjCNGU28hd8LelNHbRw6JeVxRjZhWAlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For me, it was around the time the Priest molested me. I figured God wouldn't have allowed that shit if he existed.

How can you be an atheist? It's one of the most dishonest positions a person can take.only done tobe in opposition to to mainstream. Might as well be a christfag

Agnostic is the only true honest position

>Cringe thread
Lost

You're jealous of my rational skepticism.

You retards have no idea how cringy ''red pilled'' sounds.

If someone asked me a few years ago I'd have said I'm atheistic, and I truly do disagree with you.
The simplest explanation to how we can't surely say if there's a god or not is that if there is such a thing as an all-powerful god, that all-powerful gods can also easily ignore and overcome all laws of science and logic, thus coexisting with all evidence that goes against his/her/it's existence.
Also we might even just be brains in vats and if everything is fake science might be as well.

But realistically, I wouldn't hope to much for god to save me from a shitty situation.

Yeah, but God is always depicted as benevolent, so if suffering exists, that must mean he doesn't exist.

Agnostic vs. atheism is a faggot argument over semantics. Either way you are not one of "the faithful" and your attempts to differentiate yourself further reveal you to be spineless scum.

probably around the time i saw this post

>god is always depicted as
you see, even if god doesn't exist in a fashion religiousfags think he does, there might still be some omnipotent entity out there I'd call a god if I were to classify it.

Also who cares, religiousfags never actually know what their religious scripts forbid and praise and 95% of the time just pretend to be enlightened about for example the bible or the quran.

Au contraire, sir stranger from teh internet.
I donut think anyone can surpass my autism level, however you're welcome to try...
Be warned, my virginity is still intact because i used it all to master the art of samurai swording.
Be prepared.

*bows briefly*

I was raised in a household that discouraged religious beliefs.

Actually im agnostic liberal Calvinists
I don't know if exists but if he does everyone goes to *heaven"
That's a retarded opinion seeing as you can't prove anything .. not even the big bag . It's all woo right now

Actually he has three characteristic
All knowing
All present
All powerful
And , if we take scrpiture as true, then were many times that he was not very nice

>that's a retarded opinion
well, it's enough reason for me to not give a fuck about which side of the argument is right

I'm not sure when I became an atheist, but recently I've decided that God exists and God doesn't exist. We are all a part of the 4th dimension where all things exist at all times because there is no time. It's possible for a God to be created in the far far distant future, therefore it has already happened. The possibility of meeting or even understanding the occurrence of meeting this god is pretty much null though. Kind of like a photon emitted from a computer screen being noticed as an individual among all the others. It's just light.

I was just never raised to be religious. I only found out that people actually believe in god/that the stories are true at around 10 or 11. Before that I just thought there were just old famous examples of stories with a moral.

>Atheist
>Doesn't care which side right
>All my wat
Not only do you care you have actually taken a side

I believe "God" or deities are actually 4th spacial dimensional beings that interact in our dimension and appear to be all powerful. The same way we would appear all powerful to a Two dimensional being.

I mean I don't know if I specifically thought about them having a moral but I never thought anyone considered them real. Like they were just these stories you learned about in RE.

To exist in the 4th dimension is to exist in all times and places and as all things simultaneously. I don't think an interaction would be understood at either end.

Sounds like daddy issues to me.

i don't think you understand, I don't think anyone can prove the existence or non-existence of a god, and such I don't desire to discuss or "find out" the truth about whether or not there is a cosmic deity with absolute power. This means that I have more time to think about important things.

>you have actually taken a side
if you're trying to rephrase that I have an opinion then yes, everyone has an opinion on everything they know exist, it's inevitable. But I have neither spoken myself to believe in the existence of a god nor have I spoken myself to deny the existence of god, so I haven't taken one of these two sides.

I think we have a misunderstanding here.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaKzQNlMFw&ved=0ahUKEwiGqq_HzfDUAhVG4YMKHXZPAV0Qo7QBCCMwAw&usg=AFQjCNGU28hd8LelNHbRw6JeVxRjZhWAlQ

Maybe I'm using the wrong term for the plain of existence I'm thinking of, or maybe it's a different level of dimension. Time is the main factor. To be a god, something would have to exist outside of time, or across all of time. Time as we know it is a linear perception based on what we can observe. We've already admitted that there are things we can't observe that seem to exist without relation to time.

Hm. Good point. I'll have to consider this

Meanwhile, I'll consider 4th dimensional beings watching me masturbate. Thanks.