Which is the best? explain

Which is the best? explain

Pet Sounds and Forever Changes have uncontested emotional range and sophistication in pop albums but if I have the option to pick Syd I pick Syd over literally anyone. Anyone.

Pepper obviously top. Probably Pet Sounds next, I like Piper but mainly the hard psych rock stuff. The ditty pop songs like Bike are pretty goofy. If it was an album full of Lucifer Sam and Interstellar Overdrive type material it would be on the level of Meddle or WYWH. But Syd's silly shite holds it back for me within their discog.

Pet Sounds >>>> Forever Changes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A Wet Fart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sgt Pepper's
Dunno what the bottom right album is

>not knowing a Pink Floyd album
>browsing a music discussion board

>music discussion board
>involving pink floyd
its time we put dead music away you think?

hush nigger your superiors are talking

sorry grampa

what are you doing here

nah

put pink floyd above forever changes

sgt peppers was shilled to the top if it was just
treated like music it would fly past like nothing.
pet sounds is the best here because its purely
focused on its music and its also beautiful
as opposed to conceptual or some other non
musical factor

Listen to that album, you'll change your mind about them

Pet sounds, then Forever Changes a close second. Both the Beatles and Pink Floyd are overrated but not without their charm. Pet Sounds and Forever Changes are legitimate masterpieces though. Arthur Lee was so underrated. Great vision and lyrics for such a young man.

>its time we put dead music away you think?
>Talking in a thread about 60's music

Faggots like you are ruining this board.

i agree that if you know anything about music you should probably have given a few pink floyd albums a go, or at the very least recognise the album covers
but you should also realise that only people who are over 50 and haven't heard any new music since the 70s or le wrong generation teens think pink floyd are exceptional in any way

the piper by far, it's the most psychedelic and experimental of those

Piper > Pet Sounds >>> Forever Changes >> Sgt. Pepper
If you'd asked me this a month ago I'd have said Pet Sounds far outshone all of the rest, but I've been on my '60s psych binge recently and it's made me reconsider.
Also the arrangements on Forever Changes piss me off very occasionally, you can tell Lee didn't have a blind clue about any music theory

pet sounds for arrangements
forever changes for actual psychadelia
piper for experimentation
sgt pepper for the trash

>not even mentioning the greatest psych pop album ever made that beats
>criticizing the humour that made piper amazing
its more experimental but I prefer the psychadelic part of forever changes. It's buried under incredible song writing and lyricism - while piper and sgt peppers litter the songs with "psychadelic" aesthetics.

Forever Changes > Pet Sounds > Piper > Sgt Peppers

indisputable

Pet Sounds probably. I'm most familiar with it and Sgt. Peppers, so I'm a bit biased towards them.

Why do you guys insist on hating popular music despite it not even being popular anymore?

This list is as simple as
>Sgt. Pepper
It's the most consistent of the 4 with a beginning, end, and finally one of the greatest songs of all time.
>Pet Sounds
Brian Wilson wasn't fucking around on this one and I think this album far outshines Revolver. However, Sgt. Pepper was enough to throw Brian into depression which I think speaks volumes of its quality.
>Piper
My favorite PF album and one of my favorite psychedelic albums (certainly the best of these albums in the psyche department). My only issue is that the experimental sound can get boring fast if you're not in the mood. The only song I flat out dislike is Bike but otherwise bretty gud.
>Forever Changes
It's not a bad album, at all. It would win many other rankings but versus these albums I feel it falls short. I could see myself switching the position of this after some time has passed as I've only listened to it two times in full.

>stop having better taste than me: the post

Piper is not even the best psychedelic album Pink Floyd has made

>Also the arrangements on Forever Changes piss me off very occasionally, you can tell Lee didn't have a blind clue about any music theory
This tbhonestinho

I'd agree that there's not a "bad" song on Pepper, but tracks like Getting Better, Benefit of Mr. Kite and Lovely Rita aren't really anything special imo. Revolver > sgt. pepper
Also yeah Forever Changes is a real grower, it's worth just rinsing that album for a while, it really sinks into your skin

I'd agree that Pepper has low points, absolutely. I think When I'm 64 and Mr.Kite are far from the best on the album but I still enjoy them when listening through the whole album. I do think Getting Better is an amazing song though, interestingly shows a darker side of John but in a cheerful way, much like Run For Your Life.

Shoutout to the best song on it, Within You Without You.

When I'm 64 is my favourite on there by far, whatever that says about me

Like I said, it's still a good song. Respect for honesty.

I've spent over 25 years with these albums and I think that only 2 listens of Forever Changes is quite early to assess it. It is, in my opinion, the standout of the 4 and the album that grew on me the most. I think once you have spent some serious time with Forever Changes then you will hear it completely differently from the way you do now. Pet Sounds is a close second and then PATGOD. Sgt Pepper is my least favourite (and I'm from Liverpool), but this is an over hyped album that does however include a few masterstrokes of genius.

>Sgt Pepper
I can't even listen to that album beginning to end anymore because it's so god damn boring
>Pet Sounds
Gets kinda same-y. Maybe that's just me.
>Forever Changes
Felt like it was missing something. Hard to explain, just something.
>Piper
We get it Syd. You like children's books. Can you stop talking and play guitar now thank you

Final rank
Pet sounds = forever changes = patgod > sgt pepper

Personally, my favourite is Forever Changes. It's just ine of those albums where every note fits right in. Sunny sixties psychdelia but with an ever present feeling of bitterness right below the surface. More than the other albums posted here, Forever Changes kind of exists out of time, it doesn't really sound like anything else.

and then one should realise that sensible people who are into music recognize that Pink Floyd were pretty good in what they did, independently of whether they like them or not, and then move on listening to whatever music they like without getting into an argument about when the music was made and how old the people who listen to it are.

If SMiLE were here, I'd put it in the spot.

I'd have to rank them Piper>Sgt. Pepper>Pet Sounds>Forever Changes in terms of how I view their importance, but I personally like Forever Changes the most out of the bunch. They're all great albums.

For a long while I was disenchanted by Sgt. Pepper, but after listening to lots of session tapes I've gotten quite infatuated with it and its recording process. It's an album that is crippled by the lack of context among today's listeners.

sgt peppers: 7/10
pet sounds: 10/10
forever changes: 9/10
pink floyd: 6/10

>Sgt. Pepper's
>Pet Sounds
>Forever changes
Granny pop trash
>PATGOD
Part of the psych buttrock fad.

pet sounds >>> rest

>*fedora.jpeg*