How do you guys deal w/ the agonizing fear (and most likely reality) of the void of eternal nonexistence awaiting us...

how do you guys deal w/ the agonizing fear (and most likely reality) of the void of eternal nonexistence awaiting us all upon death?

i try not to think about it too much but when you take into consideration how little time we all have doesn't it grip you with fear and, most of all, depression?

sorry, just having a hard time coping

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOpLJBH_J6o
youtube.com/watch?v=lxwnFxQzJ8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you 14 years old and just discovering this?

24 years old and i spent 40 hours last week in my free time playing video games without even realizing it

i just dont know how you guys make it through each day with a positive attitude when i'm just plagued with the constant inevitability of death

We must use this life to make changes for the future voiddwellers

playing video games, listening to music.
when you die you won't even realise you're dead.. It's not like you remember anything from before you were born

i just don't care, no consciousness is better than a boring afterlife or burning for eternity

I try to live in a way that I can take my last breath fulfilled knowing I lived life for me.

try to enjoy ass long as it lasts since it will end and there is no way to enjoy the shit you did not do

Death is inevitable, any meaning to life breaks down upon closer examination, but reality is kind of silly anyway. You choose whether to live in fear or peacefully 'till death, you choose between faith, suicide or nihilism.

If you were livestock you wouldn't you want to know what's coming for you, find solace in the uncertainty of what's waiting for you, and the certainty that you can't do anything about it.

I don't worry about it because i won't experience it. It's like what it was before birth. Nothing. We come from nothing and return to it, or at least on a "spiritual" level. It's really hard to imagine not existing, but I bet it's great.

great? nothing is nothing.

i think its tragic maybe not for our own deaths but in the fact that we must lose our loved ones as well.

where do they go? they just leave us...

its not a fear

its something i look forward to in many ways

sure on my death bed maybe ill have regrets and fears and whatever, but for now whenever something shitty happens in my life or i realize how shitty of a person i am:

fuck it, its all gonna be gone soon anyway

source: i just sold everything i own to travel indefinitely. selling everything netted me a solid 8 grand.

When you die it's probably like before you were born; nothing. Also the fact that it's meaningless is a good thing, just means you can enjoy your life

For me at least it's incredibly liberating. Also the realization of just how small and insignificant we all are at the cosmic scale gives me a kind of urgency to do cool shit before I die.
The near death experience phenomenon seems to be a real thing so if NY life is going to flash before my eyes I want it to have a lot of interesting things happen.
In fact I'm even strongly considering selling everything and traveling as long as I can. I feel like I'm wasting time by sitting idle.

It's definitely pretty terrifying and part of that is because it's the unknown. Unknown things naturally scare all humans, per se a dark attic or thinking about ghosts idk. What I do find solace in is that whatever death is, I'm going to it too just like the trillions of other souls that have made it there. If they get there, so will I, and in a way we'll all be together.

"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." David Bowie

Different user here,

You're right nothing is nothing, so it's not bad nor good. It may be tragic to us, but only us.

Open your mind to different beliefs. It comforts the inevitable end that we will all have to face one day.

Rest easy with different thoughts each night. It may be blackness for eternity, but we won't know what that is since we can't imagine it. Perhaps there is a god and a heaven, or dmt just floods your mind and you go on a trip forever since our reality of time most likely isn't the same.

You get one life. Use it.

I dive right into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qOpLJBH_J6o

Are you terrified of the nothingness you came from before you were born? I doubt it. You'll just return there. I don't understand the fear. This reality and this body/mind is such a fuck you anyways. You mean I can imagine all sorts of amazing things that I'll never get to experience. Now that sucks! A lot!

The only thing that depresses me about this is the people on this planet have almost NO desire to stop death. I know with all the money advertising gets we could easily have insanley good healthcare

>eternal nonexistence
it makes me grateful that i'll depart this hell and never return. leaving this gay earth would be so nice.

but alas, this universe only recycles its bullshit, and although i may not exist, the universe will continue existing, which means i'll essentially still exist, and thus i am forced to come to the realization that this hell of a shit life is eternal.. as is my suffering on it

Yeah it terrifies me user.
>22
>my mother died a few years back
>fucking haunts me still, plagued with fear of death, dying
I have a girl friend now and she makes me happy but everything is so god damn temporary

>You get one life. Use it.

thank you

that is what needs to be said to anyone afraid or fearful of death.

yes it is an inevitability, but what you cannot prevent why worry about?

enjoy this beautiful gift of life for life is truly precious.

this song is hip hop (i dont know how you guys feel about that) but it really helps put things into perspective

youtube.com/watch?v=lxwnFxQzJ8Q

Used to scare me. Now it excites me. I guess cause I really assume there's something else that happens and no one really knows what it is

i believe fully in reincarnation, thats why I dont fear death, I look forward to it as a new adventure

this universe is far too complex for something as simple as death dude. I don't fear death because i don't think anything ends or begins. We think in too linear of terms. There is no starting and stopping to things just rebirth.

i honestly cannot fathom that this consciousness of mine can actually end

lol ok.

It doesn't make sense that there would be endless nothingness after death. There's no reason that a universe would accidentally create itself and the concept of us being able to control otherwise lifeless bodies, just to have us end up in endless nothingness regardless of what we do. I'd at least take a glance at religion if I were you, user.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed

You change into something else when you die, body into compost and spirit into itself

>There's no reason that a universe would accidentally create itself and
exactly. there is no reason. stuff just stuffed.

It can be hard to cope with, but if it truly is oblivion at the end you won't even be conscious of it. As for living life before then just know that you don't have much time so make the most of it while you can.

Your post actually added nothing to any conversation. "Stuff just stuffed" could be alluding to anything, except for the big bang, which is "nothing just stuffed into stuff".
Everything has a reason.

you should visit a rekt thred
see how precious this life is.
mm so much pain and suffering and agony
for what? a few fucking laughs? drug induced pleasure? orgasms?
all of which have even worse repurcussions and pain soon following after achieving said pleasures...
so yeah, let me ask again, what the fuck is so precious about this hell on earth humanity has created for itself

Reason is a made up concept. Everything doesn't need a reason to happen.

seems like op has already made up his mind on things

A warm blanket of nothingness you can snuggles in for all eternity assuming we die before we can be converted into machines.

I'd prefer to simply cease to exist that to enter eternal torment like my religion teaches.

Enjoy life, follow your bliss, even if you fuck up, we get repawns.

your reply has added nothing to any conversation.

I'm more terrified at the thought of immortality. Nonexistence is the same thing as going to sleep and not waking up while immortality is having an infinite amount of time to reflect upon your life and think about everything that went wrong and what you could've done to change it, Knowing you can't ever fix it.
And assuming you don't have any regrets you're still going to run out of things to do eventually. What joy is there going to be in eternity if in what may aswell be the blink of an eye you've already done everything you could possibly do or imagine so many times that it's all become boring? The human psyche isn't made for such a life. We don't cope with boredom well. Eternity in any form is the hell of eternal boredom.

I'm 43, and I think about it as much as I did when I was your age, but I feel less anxious about it. My Dad, who is 68, and my Grandfather, when we was 91 both said that they always thought about death, but that anxious feeling weakens the older they grew. I'm not sure why this is, but it seems to be a common thing. The closer we move towards it, the less anxious we become.

I hope this provides you a little bit of comfort.

If reason is a made up concept, who/what is it made up by?

recently, a family friend lost their 21 year old son, who was healthy and active, had a dormant case of asthma apparently. had a fit in his bedroom, parents found him. He was out for too long and they ended up pulling the plug due to the brain damage being to severe from the lack of oxygen. Saw his dead body and couldnt hold back the tears. Since then I have a harder time sleeping in silence cuz I just remember how short life is and how lucky I am to be alive at 26 and only hope that I can live a full life.

lol faggot.

Cool argument. Any elaboration?

im on Sup Forums faggot.
elaborate my ballsack

Thought this site was 18+...

every faggot tries to sound hard. its not the experience after hes worried about. its the moments of death when youre actually dieing and realizing this is your last moment on earth and all you did will be forgotten and cease to exist.

owwwch muh feelings

you calm the fuck down, have a wank, dream and chase it

Lose yourself in the oblivion of action. I have 600 some odd skydives, have packed about 15,000 parachutes, worked in 4 states, lived in 3 (colorado/vegas/pennsylfaggia).

At this moment im trying to be a good son, the hardest fucking thing ive ever attempted. Parents are needy/abrasive/aspergish/autistic but im fucking trying. Thing is i was unreasonably miserable/autistic/aspergish growing up so i understand the autism spectrum well enough.

Hopefully i feel content at some point by the time they die with how i treated them. No matter how abrasive and unreasonable they are, i can't stop the horrible feelings of "i didn't do enough, i couldve been better/done more" when theyre not around. I fucking hate being babied. That's what makes them happiest. Taking care of me. And i can't ignore the idea of it being undignified to provide them myself as a baby to take care of.

But i need to keep trying. No matter how pathetic it makes me feel. For some reason their happiness matters to me.

superkewlstory bro
how does it know in just 20 years after you die
nobody will even remember your name let alone the actions you did

he will know for the rest of his own life and thats all that matters.
good on him.
fuck you.

I really don't think I'll mind being dead desu. Being alive is constant misery, everything sucks and the only time I feel alive is the brief half second period where I wake up and don't remember my life.

And you know, you can't be certain that it's just a blank empty void. Maybe you're playing a game. Maybe you'll wake up. Who knows? Who cares?

i dont see any profound elaboration here.
gosh 13 is deep in this thread

until alzheimers kicks in
also highly doubt he'll be able to remember how it felt while at someones funeral, or while on chemo as he slowly dies from cancer etc

>fuck you.
hey man, i'm not the one who brought your sorry ass into this world, nor am i the piece of shit who made this life so goddanm awful.
jeez point that blame where it belongs.
your parents and i guess god if you believe in that bullshit

I have too much anxiety to be a pedantic navel gazing fuckface anymore. Heres my story a bit more.

You see, youre a faggot. You would rather shit on others instead of losing yourself in the oblivion of action.

dur
youre the idiot with the stupid post.
choke on it.

Probably not much help to you, but I'm a Christfag and actually have quite a bit of hope and comfort in my faith.

Earth had existed for 4 billion years without you, why the fuck are you afraid of it existing without you again? Pussy.

>I have too much MONEY to be a pedantic navel gazing fuckface anymore.
FTFY.

if you know the clock is ticking why waste the time being sad about it

make the most of your life

>telling people the truth about this worthless existance we call reality
is possibly the action i choose to lose myself in.
umad bout muh shitposts bruh? or are you mad that i'm right and you're too stupid to even argue any of the stated facts?

No sir mr triple 87. I have enough for food and shelter but thats all i want at the moment. And im living with my parents. I dont consider myself to be very emotionally mature in the traditional sense. Never had a girlfriend (im 27), basically still a virgin, dont have many friends. none in PA for sure.

Every once in a while, when I really think about everything I've ever known or experienced becoming nothingless, I do feel a small spike of fear. But I also look forward to it in a strange way... I can't say the fear of death has ever really plagued me.

Well 3 digits, the Earth did exist with him and it will exist with him again dumbass.

Im not mad at all faggot. You're truth is you're truth. Not THE truth. If you want to be a downer faggot fuckface thats fine.

You literally cannot experience death because you have no conscious when you're dead. Simple as that.

>You're truth is you're truth
you can't even differentiate between your and you're.
lmao, why are stupid people always the happy ones?

You tell me cock sucker.

Part of me hopes you're right, and that death is indeed the end.

Wouldn't an infinite void be wonderful?

I wanna die in the best way possible...suffocating under a fat white girl...

You all know u want to ; )

When i get to heaven god will say wow she was breathtaking!!!

we have no interest in your internet grammar critiques nor your hot opinions. we cool.

>afraid of death

I hate my life, I can't wait to die. I hope there is absolutely nothing after this, if I have to deal with people after I'm dead too I'll find a way to kill myself out of that.

if i had to guess i'd say it's because you lack the mental capacity to retain the information your senses are feeding your brain
making you fools slaves to your basic nature and animalistic instincts without being capable of thinking rationally about life and how the pain and suffering we're forced to endure upon entering this gay earth will always out weigh the fleeting and ever so brief moments of happiness.

what did people do to you?

Well think about this, user, the universe has been around for billions of years before you existed and will be there long after you're gone. I tend to find peace in knowing that when I die, there will be nothing.

until you die of course, at which point it'll be as if you weren't ever born to begin with, and you suffered oh so much for literally nothing other than to satisfy stupid animalistic instincts.

Life is a game. The wrong way to play the game is to obsess over misery and wallowing around in never ending despair and anguish. Being able to articulate your pathetic self-centered despair and anguish doesn't make it elegant or extravagant.

sounds like you've lived an especially shitty life.

Animal instincts are what make life fun. Animal instincts are what keep depression at bay.

the only serious response in this whole thread

pretty sure the majority of the world could say the same about their own lives.

>Life is a game
life is whatever your fleeting conscious decides it is for the brief moment you pause to ponder about what it may or may not be. if you choose to look at it as nothing more than a game, good for you.
but that's a slippery slope towards a lack of empathy or any genuine emotion.

>Being able to articulate your pathetic self-centered despair and anguish doesn't make it elegant or extravagant.
self centered? please this is as altruistic and empathetic as a person can become. being elegant or extravagant is for faggots who haven't realized just how wasteful and agonizing this life is, or at least soon will be.

>pretty sure the majority of the world could say the same about their own lives.
provided they have the mental capacity to quantify and analyze their life and its defining moments

for me it's not even that, but the thought of everyone I know going on without me. Thinking about being vivid while dying can be a terrifying thought.

You sound like me when I was fifteen.
You attempt to boost your low self-esteem by using big-words in an attempt to belittle people; just like others have done to your in real life.

Don't worry, it's just a phase. Hopefully you mature with age or build some confidence through self-improvement.

Do note, spouting jargon is not a sign of intelligence; a rational mind and the ability to verbally articulate your thoughts is by far superior.

Well, i can't help but agree with you on some of these points.

I don't believe trying to convince others that their existence is futile is altruistic though. Nor does being empathetic in itself make you a good person. What you do matters, not what you think or what you feel.

It hits mad hard sometimes but I realize that worrying about is pointless. Just try to live your life to the fullest and not fuck anyone else's up

Except for the shitloads of people who were declared dead and then came back and tell us about experiencing things. I guess they all must be making it up or they weren't really dead?

No fear because I have no regrets. I live life to the fullest and never looked back. I felt fear when I once had a near death experience and realized how much I hadn't done yet. I am a thrill seeker so it wasn't that I hadn't taken enough risks yet, but I hadn't been open and honest about many things before that.

Now I am and I shamelessly live my life without regrets, ready for whenever circumstance will take me.

I masturbate to lolis

try it out

You are legit stupid. Research before you run your mouth.
FFS.

Oh, and i do lack empathy a lot of time also. Good read on that, but that's how i've learned to play this game of life. Caring about things limits you. Not giving a fuck creates immeasurable strength and endless ability to influence people/the world. I like to believe i have control over my positive/negative energy. Sometimes i struggle. Many times.

Same.

And +1 moar for >being elegant or extravagant is for faggots

FUCK YA I LIKE THAT