Conjuring 2 is on TV

>Conjuring 2 is on TV.

What are /b's favorite horror movies?

List top 3 or something... old, new, foreign, whatever.

The Shining - A classic
Insidious 2 - I like James Wan's films
Sinister - Not the best but creepy enough

Wait for it

Grave encounters. Need another movie like it

1- babadook
2- shawn of the dead
3- grindhouse - planet terror

Shameless bump

>Insidious 2
You got to be kidding me? No tension, not a bit scary, not even the jumpscares worked. I really liked Insidious, but the second one was below shit tier.

I liked that one. Far to many found footage style movies but sometimes they're still good.

Not the best but I still enjoyed it.

Babadook didn't do it for me and never saw planet terror. Tarantino is hit or miss with me.

planet terror is directed by robert rodriguez

my 3

Misery- That bitch is crazy and it could happen
[Rec]- the spanish one that shit was dope
Event horizon- very well done scifi horror

Triggered

rec and rec 2 (spanish) are great movies.
too bad for rec 3 and 4

what?

I stand corrected.

Misery is awesome and I completely forgot about event horizon. Must have watched that dozens of times in my teens.

Insidious 2 had me wanting to leave the cinema before it was even over, but don't get me wrong, it was in fear lol. James Wan is a genius

dat scream doe

Claire...
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I watched The Conjuring 2 for the first time a few days ago, the nun (valek) scene with the painting on the wall was hands down best scene of the movie

Insidious 1 was top tier, some of the best jump scares and the music just made it even better

Jeepers Creepers 2 anyone?

>Insidious
>Insidious 2
>Lights Out
>Conjuring 2

That fucking scene when he's crawling around in the green vent shafts or whatever and the lights start going out...

What is Lights Out about? the premise looks stupid

First one was far better.
the horn of the truck and the scene at the ends where the face expands are truly creepy

Paranormal Activity 2 anyone? Jump scares were crazy in that one

no offense to everyone, but you kids just like movies full of jumpscares?
ever seen a real horror movie?
i mean, something who give you nightmares of a week?

Spooky thing lurks in the shadows. Then the lights go out. Say hello to spooky thing.

Might watch it tonight, any other good ones? I want jump scares

Kill yourself, paranormal activity is below shit tier.

They never made any that did that. But come to think of it Candyman had me afraid of the dark for a while as a kid.

>kill yourself
>being this new

Imo Insidious 2 are full of scenes dragging the horror out, instead of jumpscares. Like scenes that makes you shiver down your spine

Drag Me To Hell

Misery
Phantasm
The Haunting (original)

Fucking love evil dead the classic one saw it as a kid and still watch every Halloween with my family shit never gets old

my memory isn't that good but I remember the start of Insidious 2 with the window, sent shivers down

>house of 1000 corpses
>evil dead 1/2/army of darkness
>the thing
>I like drag me to hell a little bit too (dat Sam rami vibe)

Why the fuck do you want jumpscares? The cheapest and least effective way to scare someone by far.

The grifter.

Session 9

Mirrors

>muh opinion is different than yours
>wah wah!!!!! explain this to me!!!

Absolutely insane.

I also liked It Follows. Had a cool classic 80s horror vibe to it. Thought it was shot well. Plus it's filmed in Michigan,can't go wrong.

This scene was immense, at the cinema atleast

Pretty entertaining.

the scene in Insidious 1 where he comes downstairs to realize the door was wide open like holy shit

This

No, seriously, I honestly want to know.

Why do you want something so pulpy and cheap? Why not something actually scary instead of startling.

Because that's what jump scares are. You aren't being frightened or scared, you're just being startled by a loud noise. That's not scary, that's just a bodily reflex exploited to make you think you're scared.

Just saw lights out for the first time today. It was good

Scared the living hell out of me when I was a child.

mmmm sex with the devil

because it's the ambiance , the music and the suspense and the sheer loudness of the chaos (much better in the cinema)

Pleasantly surprised with this one.

For a movie with a 10 grand budget American Ghost Story was put together well. Had an unsettling vibe to it without and cheap scares or cgi tricks.

I only like Slasher films.

Horror movies are garbage and all the same.

My 3 favorite slashers:
1.) Nightmare on Elm Street 2
2.) Cannibal Holocaust (kind of a horror movie as well as a slasher)
3.) Nightmare on Elm Street

28 days later sucked but 28 weeks later was top tier. the eye gouging seem gets me every time

You can have all of that without cheap gags that even the worst director can use.

We're taught that peekaboo is startling at months old.

If you seriously enjoy the equivalent of a whoopie cushion (in comedies) for horror movies then honestly I don't know what to say.

I think the plot with the black bride n shit makes insidious 1 & 2 really good horror films, was dissapointed with the third tho

>Slasher
>subgenre of horror
>they're still horror movies
>autism

Not to mention most slasher movies are incredibly derivative and unoriginal.

Shit, that one scared Stephen King. After he wrote it he locked it in his safe for a few years. It's the only book by him I will not reread.

I watched the 3rd one a few days ago, it wasn't good. But the old woman, Alice made it pretty average, I really like her

Have you ever watched Vincent D'Onofrio's "Don't Go in the Woods?" it's a slasher musical made in a weekend on a super low budget but i think it's awesome. It's like a really good indie film with decent music

I was surprised that what-his-Harry-Potter-face did a decent job in that one. Had very low expectations going into that movie but ended enjoying it.

No.

The slasher genre originally was a subgenre of horror.

I only like the slasher movies where it isn't any horror, it is just gore.

Those slashers don't categorize in horror.

Absolute mind fucking.

its the ear rape meme of cinematography
>tfw 28 months later will never happen
call it nostalgia but i unironically like scream 1

>evil dead
>the witch
>session 9
>it follows
>in the mouth of madness
>i saw the devil
>house of the devil
>noroi: the curse
>from dusk till dawn
>trick r treat
>exorcist
>poltergeist
>the tenant
>prince of darkness

all i can think of now other than the obligatory friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street, hellraiser, halloween, the thing, the shining, etc

>JUST

Are you autistic? There's plenty of horror in nightmare on elm street.

In the mouth of madness is my favorite Carpenter film. That had me second guessing everything for the rest of the night.

the vvitch was awesome

Fuck no, 28 weeks and days later were so underrated. I don't know anyone that has seen them

Ayy

Oh this one is pretty good too.

forgot to add grave encounters. that was surprisingly good.

also ginger snaps and dog soldiers.

Saw it in theater. Now that I know more of the context of the film I think seeing it again would bring about some more appreciation for the film.

Best horror movies
3) noroi- Japanese horror film about a cult
2) alien 1979- just a childhood favorite
1) dear Zachary - if you are a man this movie will fucking terrify you

This one is brutal.

I'll give that one a shot sometime.

Shaun of the Dead
Raw
Alien

They are making a third one with the same director

The same director who's a massive convicted pedophile

A pedophile who raped a kid on the set of the movie

> Alien
> SAW (first one only)
> Friday the 13th

From the title picture, it looks like one of those shitty low budget dollar bin movie compilations you can get at Wal-Mart.

>Canfag
Oh shit. I remember that being in the news.

All the saw movies were good, you just gotta realize once you see one you know the gimmick

Not to mention I love how in 2 they let you see how easy it is to get outta the traps

first time hearing this, I can't wait

Low budget doesn't mean that it's not good.

Nigga that movie scares me more than any fucking monster I swear.

That poor fucking kid

Just looked it up, it IS one of those shitty low budget dollar bin films, just trying to be edgy and "shocking" with nothing provocative or thought provoking. Autism confirmed.

Not really.

I don't count anything that doesn't scare me as horror.

I count it as retardation.

Who cares if you don't count it. If it's horror it's horror. Christ, you're like Tumblr fags who think if they say something it makes it true.

Vinny d wasnt involved in that movie you son of a cunt

As far as modern horror movies go, The Witch, It Follows, Green Room, and Don't Breathe are some movies that I like. I haven't seen Lights Out yet, but I plan on watching it soon. Not really fond of demonic possession or haunted house/doll/etc. movies

lol is that how that works?

oh mad god fellow rec fans

It isn't true.

I am just a shithead.

This is Sup Forums.

In the mouth of madness was comically bad

1)The Shining
2)The Witch
3)The Thing (John Carpenter)