Dorset Blue Vinney.

White aged cheddar

Dubliner

Asiago

gouda best cheese

>wait for it~°...

i love Port Salut

Stilton and Limburger

Havaerti. microwave onto toast and it just melts in. Havaaerti is to food like PVA is to carpentry - it holds everything together and it doesn't smell like vomit, like mozzarella.

Parmigiano-Reggiano

Dick cheese

Pepper jack

Valdeon

64 slices of american cheese

That's tough. Depends on the purpose. Really sharp cheddars are good for sauces/roux. If it is on a sandwich gruyere is the winner. Gorgonzola gets an honorable mention just because cheese fondue.

Ooo

Thanks dudebro!

Mine is ash ripened norwegian goat cheese.

Ahhh nice choices

Gouda and Swiss

Oh, and I forgot. If it is just straight or with crackers or something, brie is my favorite.

Cheese is fucking disgusting you goddamn omnivores.

Blue cheese crumble, I hate the dressing
I just mix some crumble with a small amount of hot sauce for wing sauce, better than the shit they give you

Cazu Marzu

Kill yourself you uncultured swine

Nacho

Fuck you.

Cheese is literally one of the best foods in existence.

Vintage Cheddar from cheddar
Aged stilton
Parmigiano-Reggiano

blue cheese is hard to beat.. flavor is so intense

White cheddar or smoked mozzarella

smegma

and smoked gouda is best gouda

Ossau Iraty

Fruity and nutty pairs with grapes perfectly, or just on it's own.

Cheez Whiz taste better than any cheeze to me

Picked up some Munster today, it is good.

Smoked cheeses are top tier

jack is a waste of time. There is a reason it is almost always blended with something else. Just eat cheddar.
what kind of cheddar? any specific creamery? Also you should give cambozola a shot. Its a veined camembert and super good.
most high quality cheddar is going to be white. almost every "yellow" cheddar has been dyed. Totally industry standard as approved by the Wisconsin Master Cheesemaker's Board, but real OG shit is white.
pretty low-key for an irish cheese. Average as far as cheddars go. You should give their reserve cheddar a shot.
ew. not a cheese you just eat. Its just pure salt.
I think gouda is boring. Its good on stuff like sandwiches and shit but pretty flavorless by itself.
Pretty good. Puts a lot of people off because of the musk but it has the subtle mild bitter flavor that goes well with beer.
You're either english or old.
Aged Havaerti is the shit. That crystalline texture and those caramel notes. Mmm
Way too hard to eat on its own. Mostly used in recipes.

Lately I have been into anything from Sartori. All of their Bellavitanos have been on point, although I am not a big fan of the gimmick flavors. Carr Valley makes a Mobay which is an american take on traditional french Mobier. Layer of sheeps milk, layer of goats milk, separated by a layer of grape vine ash. So good, if you find it, buy it.

Cheesemonger in Wisconsin by the way, although I prefer the term frommagier.

Bow to the Uber cheese, bask in the norsk goodness.

smoked things are for pussies who don't smoke cigarettes and want to look tough "to fit in the gang" .. look at me everyone.. u thought i was a nerd? nopeee i eat smoked things!!

Kek

Danbo cheese !

You are a man of culture and have quite good taste.

are you going to colorado? Friend is doing ACS cert later this month, i wanted to do it but i was merely part time for 6 years due to school. just an enthusiast who worked behind a counter for 6 years.

favorites: smokey blue from rogue, ossau iraty, midnight mood, petite basque, epoisse

i put slice of this cheese between 2 buttered toast for breakfast .. I'm I doing it wrong? Im in Canada btw

the one that goes on pizza

Double Gloucester
Caerphilly
Stilton

most likely a mozzarella/provolone mix.

I don't have a favourite. I think most are pretty - Grate -.

Not English or old. Well not super old anyways. Stilton with fruit is amazing. Limburger is fantastic with great bread and a cold beer. I try to get people to try Limburger all the time. Age it at home in fridge for a few weeks and it really mellows out.

Munster and Roquefort is the shit

>....

I had a real weird time with this. objectively it tasted good but it just felt so un-french and it was mind fucking me.
good muenster is hard to find. Most just have dyed rinds which is the good part, the actual body is pretty boring. Decent to snack on I guess.
smoked cheese has its place, but certainly not on a favorites list.
my go-to swiss. solid choice
thank you friend
I went last year, probably going to skip this year. Rogue makes some solid stuff but I am bias af towards Oregon. Everything Cypress Grove has made has impressed me so far. I haven't had the midnight blue yet (although my store sells it) their lambchopper is the shit. epoisse is hard as fuck to find here but I try to grab some when I can get my hands on it.

>Havaerti
>all of my this
One time I was at the store and bought an entire block of Havaerti from the deli and just ate it throughout the day. Was the only thing I ate.

10/10 would recommend

Found the Asian.

why are you bias towards oregon? all of rogue is great but holy shit at their prices. would never eat it if i didnt get it for free.
Im actually not a huge fan of sartori, although rumrunner is a great cheese. the base cheese is just too, i dunno, generic, sharp, im more of a fan of smoother stuff.

Well if anyone was curious what mine is it is White Vermont cheddar

This

Being born and raised and having my business in Wisconsin means I get to look down on other states are far as cheese is concerned.

hahh fair enough. Friend was up there for training from UW and man the facilities are top tier. you guys take your cheese fucking seriously. Im just a peddler of wares.

i'm french so good munster is not hard to find : )

also you must try some mont d'or sometime , best cheese i know so far .

French cuck

hats off to you for eating french muenster. ive had people actually complain when cutting it. fucking normies

i love just about all cheeses in there unique textures and flavors, nice bait thread btw.

This is no bait thread my good sir, this is a thread for the cheese community. A place for us all to get together.

what? they complain because they had to cut their cheeese? But everyone cut his own cheese , right?

like on the picture

breaking down a bulk wheel into pieces

Cotija is my current favorite.

Casu Marzu

My vote goes to pepper jack.

When you're a cheesemonger your cheese comes in by the wheel, which obviously a customer can't really buy. You cut it into smaller chunks that are easy to buy and some of the more pungent cheeses can stink up a whole store when they are by the wheel.

Havarti master race reporting in.

>which obviously a customer can't really buy
but man is it an occasion when they do.
have a lady who buys 6 Cowgirl Creamery Mount Tams every week. she's definitely not eating it all because she's thin as a rail

Smoked Gouda is god tier

Yellow

I have a customer who buys a 10lb block of German aged brick once every few months. Props to her.

I also have a pretty good source of Pleasant Ridge Reserve when it is in season, which is a pretty big deal in Wisconsin, and I have a few restaurants order 50lb wheels from me a few times a year. At $30 a pound it normally makes my month when they do.

Smoked Gouda on a turkey sandwich is amazing.

GRUYERE
HMMM
kinda smells like butt (not even kidding) but tastes awesome.

oh god i fucking forgot about pleasant ridge, definitely a top 10 for me. oh spenwood as well, although 50 bucks a pound is insanity.

Sharp cheddar.

Runners-up:
Cotswold
Smoked gouda

I used to go to a quick serve restaurant that had a cheese sandwich made with cheddar, swiss, havarti, monterey jack on sourdough bread with avocado and sprouts. If you like cheese this was awesome. And no, its not a grilled cheese, this was cold.

Smoked Guoda

very good choice

I don't think I've had cotija what wasn't on an enchilada. I can't imagine it has much flavor on its own. Maybe I am wrong.
Pepperjack is really hit or miss for me. When the pepper comes through and tastes fresh it is the shit, but more often than not it just tastes like slightly spicy jack which is a disappointment.
wtf even is this
smoked gouda is one of my go-to barbeque cheeses. Pairs really nicely with other smoked meats. Outside of that I'd struggle to pair it, as its pretty bland on its on.
There is so much wack gruyere out there. I go out of my way to import good shit from Switzerland but when I am in grocery stores all I see is weak ass fake shit. Its a shame really because I think most people would be pretty open to it despite the smell, which really isn't relatively that bad.
How sharp? Anything 1 year and older is considered sharp and the profile difference between a 1 year cheddar and an 11 year cheddar is immense. They are hardly even comparable.

My guy, the undisputed king of all cheeses.

Vermont will kick your ass, boyo

is that these kind of italian cheese some people eat with worms? i ear about that yesterday .
the cheese are not coming with some packaging for the smell?
like this munster

Raclette, Taleggio, or Munster Gerome

Dawg look at most national cheese awards (fuck even international some years) and you'll see that hands down Wisconsin wins awards FAR more than any other state. Vermont is worth mentioning, but they're a cute runner up.

Well yeah, but you have to undo the packaging to cut it down to sellable sizes. Wires don't like going through packaging.

Comte master race

Well I'll kick your ass.