Orthodox Christianity

Are any of you guys Orthodox? I'm interested in converting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wiyYvyf4pG0
youtube.com/watch?v=G_UZ-nASzDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeap
Greeks , russians and serbs

Im a proud all wise and knowing reddit atheist. I recommend no religion and you will live a happier life with not ever having to worry about morals.

I'm assuming you're a native-born Orthodox Christian?

What are the services like?

Meme religion

No, why would I be? Are they protecting us from muslims or something?

t.francis

meme country

Your soon to be ex-president is Orhthodox, but not before she ruined your shithole and turned it into three times the shithole.
With slavs, everyone else laughs.

I am a convert, what would you like to know?

kek, my city's church has a youtube channel

youtube.com/watch?v=wiyYvyf4pG0

Oh shit, мaйнa, it's the PPTV.

>I am a convert
>Canada

>I'm interested in converting.
>US

Fucking North Americans

Holy fuck, this channel is based as fuck, a lot of chants and shit.
Why is the orthodox so fucking based, I might consider going to church again just for the dope chants.

Yes
Orthodox church celebrates mainly easter and christmas although there are plenty more celebrations dedicated to saints

I dont know what you are looking for. Based on my experience (living in a country where 96% of populiaton is orthodox) I'd say orthodox religion is focused on the importance of love and sharing.

Its not that suppresing like islam , it kind of leads you on your own towards morality.
It really depends on what you are looking for.

catholicfag here. I read a bit in catholic circles about people wanting to convert because it is basically catholicism but more liturgically traditional and you can us birth control

what's the conversion process like?

Had Henry the 8th changed England's religion to Orthodox instead of Anglican the world would be better for it.

The preeminent Orthodox theologian in the West is Anglo.

>non-abortifacient contraception is acceptable if it is used with the blessing of one's spiritual father, and if it is not used simply to avoid having children for purely selfish reasons. The statement on marriage and family from the 10th All-American Council of the Orthodox Church in America follows along these lines.

It's not really accepted so much as permitted in certain situations.

Yes and priests can have wives.

There is an American Church of Orthodoxy.
The orthodox church is based af.
youtube.com/watch?v=G_UZ-nASzDA

Long and you will be interviewed.

For starters email whatever church you wish to go to and ask if you can observe. You will most likely be told yes but you cannot participate in the Eucharist. If you like you see the next step will basically be the priest asking why you want to join, unlike protestants this isn't a numbers (re: money) game. Next is baptism unless you've already been and than confirmation which is mandatory.

Thanks for the info.

I was baptized in the Episcopal church, does that count?

Also can you tell me a little more about the interview? What was yours like?

>I'm interested in converting.

Every day the same offboard shill threads.

My lunch break's over so this will be my last post.

Regarding your baptism I don't know, it's the Priests discretion. So view all as valid, some just Catholic, and some even only view Specific Orthodox ones as valid (eg: Coptic going to Greek).

As for the interview it's basically why you want to convert. It's not like a job interview or anything, just be honest about why you want to join. It's also more of an education session, you will be told what is expected of you. My advice is do a little reading beforehand, it will make everything smoother.

thanks.

I know you said it was your last post, but out of curiosity, what rite of Orthodoxy do you belong to? Byzantine? Russian?

Orthodox is a schismatic tier religion, who suffers from caesaropapism ana since ~1439 is a dirty hypocrite. But it is still valid. And it's 100 times better than other "churches".