So what is Sup Forums and reddit doing in retaliation? CNN has threatened a kid...

So what is Sup Forums and reddit doing in retaliation? CNN has threatened a kid, and blackmailed him for a harmless video.

Will there be repercussions for their actions?

Im calling on all, to make CNN wish they never responded in such a way.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law
uspto.gov/page/about-trademark-infringement
smallbusiness.chron.com/fair-use-logos-2152.html
copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idk why but CNN's response to this is really irritating

Anyone know how to fuck up a news outlet

>CNN has threatened a kid, and blackmailed
I don't see any blackmail going on

They can release his identity (the identity of a child) and will if he doesn't play ball. What do you call that

I'm gonna do nothing. I don't give a fuck what happens to some plebbit, pleb.

The "kid" is 37 years old you faggots

I don't see any blackmail going on
>The right to publish his idenitity should any of that change

>Sup Forums and reddit

CNN and reddit are both cancer you fuck

Is it CNN's first day on the internet?

OP, stop spamming this thread, just because you are banned on Sup Forums.

As I said earlier, they could have sued that kid for libel and slander and have him pay all the damage he did. And so they just asked him to excuse his doings. You are just retarded, thinking laws should not apply, if people of your political position break the laws.

Why would you want reddit for that?
Retards as they are, they'd get cnn to give out his info. Maybe it's what you secretly want...
Ya sik fuk
+if the right people see this, they'll do the job. Too bad most of them aren't on 4chinchin anymore

not your personal army to dispatch faggot

Ever heard of downloading Low Earth Orbit Ion Cannon? And getting the IP address of CNN for example and being a hero?

>"I don't see any blackmail"
>CNN claims they have the right to release his identity should he ever start doing this again
Wtf how is that NOT blackmail you retard?

Wait, you though using a corporate logo in a meme wasn't a problem?

WRONG.

Also the rest of the world dosnt give a fuck what crap comes from American media. Ffs you guys used to have a Ministry of Propaganda. Lol.

That is not blackmail, they have to do that for sueing him. By filling out a lawsuit, his name will be plastered over the net.

so where are is most of them now?

>they could have sued that kid for libel and slander and have him pay all the damage he did
they can't sue for posting a shitty meme

On the one hand I hate Reddit, and on the other hand this is kind of retarded for CNN to make this threat. As far as I am concerned, we should treat this like the GCC vs Qatar spat, as something that does not need to involve us in any way. If they were doxing Sup Forums users that would be different, but I would not expect any sort of anonymity from a registration site.

>As I said earlier, they could have sued that kid for libel and slander and have him pay all the damage he did.

I'm pretty sure the first amendment covers all that, it's part of the reason we declared independence from your country. Even if they could do it, the public generally views such actions with disfavor and they are associated with the worst of the worst, as frivolous SLAPP lawsuits filed by Monsanto and the wealthy. Just look at the reaction now. CNN took what was an easy political win, and put their shoes on their heads. All they had to do was bask in the reaction.

They can for diffamation and copyright infringement. Do you know, what shit he posted? Those were some delicate "memes" aimed at cnn

I just woke up. Backstory?

fake sources

fake polls

fake news

real news actors

you're watching america's #1 news network

this is cnn

it would be the end of CNN if they sued someone over a meme, which I would love to see.

Dont know who the fuck youre talking about but this is the first time ive posted this

fake protests

fake polls

fake news

real news actors

you're watching america's #1 clinton news network

this is cnn

lulz, learn the law first, you beta.

Then envermind, but someone is spamming this shit for several hours already.

fake polls

fake sources

fake news

real news actors

you're watching america's #1 source for news

this is cnn

What are political cartoons?

I don't know, I'm not one of them
Sperglords as they are, probably waiting on their tendies while playing No man's sky

fake sources

fake polls

fake news

real profits

real news actors

this is cnn

It's called fair use, retard.

I think we should be careful with the 15 year child narrative.
It could give charlie's supporters a way to wiggle out.
Why not defend at our terms?
We adults were attacked.
No need to place a imaginary child in front.

fake sources

fake polls

fake news

real news actors

real burgers

this is cnn

its called parody works, again - learn the law.

Something for professionals working for another corporation which has a legal department.

>libel and slander
Yeah.. no. You have no clue what you're talking about. They might as well press charges on him for murder by that logic. Because nothing in his "statement" was false. CNN damaged their rep, not him.

Why not just like um.... Not read your countries Bs multimedia? O.o

gb2/Sup Forums

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law

uspto.gov/page/about-trademark-infringement

He missused their logo and posted jew shit in connection to cnn in the past.

I'm gonna laugh at you fucking fagcists.

A court would have to choose that. Are you a certified lawyer and fit enough to choose that all by yourself?

youre a little on the slow side aint ya

>when even wolf blitzer can't believe the lies he's trying to sell

The establishment discovered he had a stockpile of rare memes and had to discredit him before be could complete the enrichment process using the 3000 centrifuges in his basement.

It's called Fair Use.

CNN has to do everything in it's power to prevent The Great Meme War of 2017

lol. You faggots want to help this idiot? He said he was "addicted to trolling" and got tracked down because he posted personal info on reddit. He's the very definition of a spineless snowflake; figures he's a trump supporter.

He must have had some rare Pepe's also. This is why I'm happy for CNN. The Harbingers of Truth.

What is satire

>He missused their logo
He didn't use it for trade or services literally nothing they can do.

this is why we can't have nice things.

OP is an idiot.

>threatened a kid
itym "gave a middle-aged redditard desk jockey who shitposts when he should be filing TPS reports the chance not to lose his job" which is pretty nice of CNN.

Sup Forums is that way ---->

NYPA
/thread

"fair use" is a big legal gray area. Learn to lawyer.

Is this real life? Remember when the internet was just the internet and not some extension of real life just because social media took off?

Competent business practise?
Shit like this happens all of the time. Hav you never heard of the term "Cease and Desist"? Under your (and everybody else apparently) logic, then that basic legal practise is also "blackmail"

Hey did anyone know Anderson cooper died

>It's called Fair Use.
smallbusiness.chron.com/fair-use-logos-2152.html

" Use of a logo in a fictional work that disparages the logo owner can be ruled a trademark infringement"

Lol fuck off Russia

That's completely one sided though. Of course it makes sense to them, but it doesn't make it right.

It is a delicate case, but most likely it is infringement. I wouldn't want to pay a lawyer to defend myself.

Better call SNL and tell them they're fucked then.

its actually written in the law and a certified lawyer would have to prove it is NOT parody works.

CNN publishes opinion pieces that do not agree with their generally liberal viewpoints. Those headlines are misleading.

Fair use is not a law. It is a legal defence that is used IN COURT, before a jury, who can toss that aside.
Did you learn all you know of copywrite and fair use from h3 memes? Your understanding of this severely lacking

You didn't read the second sentence following up:

"yet use of the logo in connection with a non-fictional work of criticism is fair use"

But I am pretty sure, Trump didn't wrestle with cnn

>So what is Sup Forums and reddit doing in retaliation?

make more trump/cnn memes, obviously.

This belongs in the cringe

jesus fucking Christ you are retarded.
The writers are different people, and the second image is of a fucking opinion piece. Your memes (and only source of news appartnely) is completly irrelevant

Trips-o-truth. Say it ain't so Joe...

This guy called Trump's election a "whitelash." But then he took the podium at the Women's march on Washington in which he said:

>I'm tired of hearing [liberals and progressives] say "Love Trumps Hate," but sometimes sound more hateful than Trump.

CNN is by far the worst offender of lying, collusion, publishing hit pieces with unverifiable sources (no sources). I hope they go up in flames.

copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107

Might want to update your own understanding.

tfw you don't give a fuck.

have some heart, man. The poor guy was "addicted to trolling". He couldn't help himself. Sometimes he sucked dick just to get access to a PC so that he could post the rarest pepes.

It doesn't need to be used "in business".
The way CNNs logo was used was in a way that is damaging to the CNN brand. In a legal perspective they are completely justified in what they are doing.
This user has a quote

Logos are not copyrighted, but trademarked, user

CNN should release this racist fucks info. He deserves to lose his job and have his life ruined.

Trump can offer him janitorial work at one of his hotels as a thank you for the vid.

Im actually for this. Not for shitty Reddit but just for the lulz. Been too long Sup Forums fucked someone over. Be sure to ise that reddits nickname as often as possible.

They have lawyers who clear the use of logos. It's a show on a major broadcast network, not an improv troupe at your local community college.

>collusion
I see you're just throwing that word in for no reason, comrade.

I expect his name will be leaked. Even if that doesn't happen his own brethren over at r/The_Donald will out him now that "betrayed" then with his apology.

This could work against cnn and reddit.its a win win

So are most of the autists in here.

I'm only 33

KILL YOURSELF