Francis to create commission to study female deacons in Catholic church

>Pope Francis has announced he will create a commission to study the possibility of allowing women to serve as deacons in the Catholic church, signaling an historic openness to the possibility of ending the global institution’s practice of an all-male clergy.

>The pontiff indicated he would create such a commission during a meeting at the Vatican Thursday with some 900 leaders of the world’s congregations of Catholic women religious, who asked him during a question-and-answer session why the church excludes women from serving as deacons.

ncronline.org/news/vatican/francis-create-commission-study-female-deacons-catholic-church

What are the chances that this shit goes through?

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxwiki.org/Deaconess
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100%

make that 110%

These truly are the end times.

That's it. I'm converting to Orthodox.

NOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING BASTARD JESUIT, HE WANTS US TO END UP LIKE PROTESTAN KEKOLDS.
REEEEEEE GET OUT OF MY CHURCH YOU FUCK HERETIC

This dude is ruining Christianity forever

I warned you about papists bro!!! I told you dog.

>that disdainful look on the woman's face
>that puzzled look on the arab's face
>that quizzical yet ultimately scornful look on the black's face

Personally the idea of not letting women serve as priests/ministers doesn't sit well with me. But if you're just going to ignore parts of Paul's writings, you're undermining 1/3rd of the New Testament.

>study suggests no
>does it anyways

This pope is a special kind of stupid

even another 30 years long war would have been better than this pope

>2016

>being able to read and understand facial expressions

>normie gtfo

>the last "dark pope" before the clock strikes midnight

SHIT SHIT SHIT THE PROPHECIES ARE COMING TRUE

or perhaps not.

OH SHIT
>deacons are not Priests

Ok moving on. Nice try protties tho

>Catholicucks

Whay ahead of you dawg

xcept I gave up on christfaggotry all together.

Im learning about Buddism

Why do these people even exist anymore? The only real use they had was as a bulwark against Islam, but seeing how they failed at that spectacularly, they can kindly show themselves out now.

Honestly thinking of leaving cucktholicism and becoming orthodox.
Does anybody have an idea on how to do this?

Why you are choosing to be orthodox? Orthodoxy clearly accepts women as deacons (see armenian orthodox church)

I hope muslims invade rome and plunder the vatican vaults soon.

I hear they got some really ancient artifacts many rich people would love to get their hands on.

Why doesn't he study a way to allow priests to marry instead so we can stop having only pedo fags joining this damn institution

The "russia is now better off with SJW thanks to its timeout with christianity" is total bullshit.
Soviet union was one of the biggest factors on creating the "independent woman" thing and bring it to reality.

Just see all eastern european women what did after they left their ex-communist countries.

They instantly jumped on the shitskin cock.

kike kacap spotted

Poland has been utterly destroyed by Christianity. Now it has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world.

Your Holiness, NO!

this, jews know how to destroy a thriving civilization, they're expert assassins in this regard.

thats why they empowered every toxic cultural poison in the USSR while they had authority.

After the soviet collapse USA opened it's doors to this snake.

And what do we see these days??

history repeating.

Christianity is what that keeps poland from being full sweden tier.

You are most likely a fedora that praises soviet union and if you are, remember that the soviet union imported niggers into the ussr.

Catholicism is dead now, it's a joke. Join the true church, the Orthodox church. In slavic it's called "Пpaвocлaвнa цъpквa", which means "Right glory church". We're always right, and we are glorious.

This is why as a lapsed Catholic its so difficult to go back.

The only think that could've saved catholicism was letting preachers have kids, the world would have been 30% more christian.
But no, bishop vaginas is what this goon wants.

>jews know how to destroy a thriving civilization

Whatever jews know is irrelevant. It's women who are destroying western civilization.

deacons. deacons, not bishops.

>Christianity is what that keeps poland from being full sweden tier.

No, it was the soviet block that gave Poland an SJW timeout, too.

Now that in Poland Christianity can rule they're going full SJW fast, too.

>bishop vaginas
You didn't even bother to read the title, did you?

>deacons
Implying that's not the ojective.

Thats it im a cruz missile now

Its women because they are poised by the jews with the "independent womyn".

The soviet union teached that for decades and it resulted with women going into other countries and jumping instantly on the shitskin cock.

>Mfw I identify with the medieval church
Fuck this Kali Yuga shit

Are you a fucking cave troll? Poland right now is more based than ever.

Also they are giving the middle finger to SJWs and commies every single day.

Fucking cuckolics

He's right you know

>Its women because they are poised by the jews with the "independent womyn".

Women are women.

That's it

I'm going pagan and never looking back.

At last we don't kill childrens.

>2016
>still being catholic

Who cares.

If it was about priests I would be concerned. But deacons? I dont care

>Worshipping a drunk fornicator priest.

Remember that the swedecucks brought lutheranism to finns

>If it was about priests I would be concerned. But deacons? I dont care

That's however how the slippery slope degeneracy starts. Women should not be in any position of power or influence.

I'm not protestant. Just here to trigger catholicucks.

Supply of young boy Ass must be drying up.

>Posts Luther
lel, are you forgetting about Katharina von Bora?

Protestants are the biggest offenders.

Atheists are pathetic.

This

Priests =/= Monks

Priests should be allowed to marry

Proteshits knowing shit about the church

Literally 0% the Pope doesn't have an infinite power among the church, and he will "die" in mysterious conditions if he keeps up with this just like Jhon Paul I

can hillary shill her way into the vatican?
find out next week!

John Paul I did nothing wrong.

Glad to hear your opinion fellow burger but I am not atheist.

Kek, if that happened I would convert to shinto or something

orthodoxwiki.org/Deaconess

Deaconesses used to exist in the early Church but have long since been obsolete. Female deacons have never existed.

If the Pope is talking about the former then there is no problem, but if he is talking about possibly ordaining women as deacons, then that is a problem.

>tfw catholic

you literally made a breeding ground for retards, made more homeless women with children, crime will probably go up, stuff like that

But he wanted to enact too much reforma

He is my favorite Pope btw

In the early Church, there were even married bishops. Celibacy was enforced on the episcopate for good reasons, however.

Why the West ever thought celibate priests were ever a good idea is beyond me, though.

It's been talked about by some in the Orthodox Church because it's been pointed out that Mary, Mary Magdalene and other women had some authority in the early Church, but it probably would never happen even if it could be justified simply because the Orthodox Church never changes.

You're right.

I hope this asshole is joking. what are we? the fucking protestants?

>the Orthodox Church never changes.

Yes and no. There are some things (dogmas) that are unchanging, sure - but the Church has the authority to bind and loose on other matters.

But aspects of our worship change fairly often. Additions are made to the Divine Liturgy on top of the original by St. John Chrysostom; the calendar was changed; how we cross ourselves was changed; etc.

But on the topic of clergy, then female deacons/priests/bishops is an absolute no. It is simply not theologically justifiable unless you change our entire understanding of Christology.

Well, the Protestants fucked it up, so now it seems to be the Latins' turn.

Because >Muh God.

A life dedicated to God is better than one dedicated to God and family.

Theres one part in the Bible that says that the ideal is to not marry, but if someone cannot control his lust, he should marry.

The idea of celibacy is being a example of lustness.
All priest had a option. They choose not marry

he used to work as a bouncer in a nightclub among other professions.

you know what kind of faggots work as bouncers.

So i just turned christfag is there any place left without corruption of the devil ?

THANK GOD!

you know because it is current year +1, and woman should also have to right to destroy not only society, but also religion

I think we should appoint a woman for the position of defense minister or leader of a nation next

ohh.....touché

First of all, of course you can dedicate yourself to God through and by your family. Not all worship need necessarily be prayer and fasting. But yes, you're right, chastity/celibacy is the loftier option but that does not mean every priest need be celibate.

In fact, it can be a recipe for destruction to have a celibate priest and stick him in a parish. A priest's job is twofold: offer the divine services, yes, but also to cater to his flock. He can do that best if he has some semblance of understanding what it is like to live in the world as most of us experience it - not in a monastery or a seminary. That's why there is technically an age restriction of a minimum of 30 years old on the priesthood. The priest needs to be mature and have an understanding of life in all its forms.

Imagine you're a priest fresh out of seminary and assigned to a parish. You're 21 years old and about to hear your first confession. It's a 28 year old woman with a kid who has been married for 3 years; she is having marital problems, which in turn is causing her to be tempted by sin. What the fuck do you say to her? Telling her to say 10 Hail Marys is not going to cut it - it requires a pastoral response.

Anyway, this is all by the by. The fact of the matter is that the Church since its inception has allowed for married clergy and it has allowed for celibate clergy. Someone may be called to be a priest but they are also called to the married life - they may make a very good priest.

Besides, Eastern CATHOLIC priests can be married so it's not the Catholic Church even enforces the rule universally.

>the calendar was changed

Not universally though. There have been minor changes sure but there hasn't been a great ecumenical council in over a thousand years, and the council happening this summer isn't going to change anything either. As far as the Orthodox Church goes there hasn't been any major questions regarding the nature of the faith that need to be settled since the iconoclasm inspired by early Islam. The filioque, papacy, immaculate conceptions were all western ideas that never arose organically in the Orthodox world and never all that compelling to us theologically.

Even an Orthodox Christian will tall you that female deacons have a precedent in the Holy Tradition, and existed at earlier times. The concern over them is that it's a modernist slippery slope, rather than a genuine appeal to the traditions of the Church.

There will be people who will try one or two things as a result. Either they will continue to lobby for other positions to be opened to women, or they will try to expand the roll of deacons in the liturgy. Both would be heterodox, and obviously subversive.

And that also reminds me of a joke; how many Orthodox Christians does it take to change a lightbulb?

"Change?!??"

This Pope single-handedly destroyed what the Church was building for over two thousand years.
It's unbelievable.

The Cuck-Pope does it again, seriously Catholics what the fuck did the paedo priests really meme you into liberalism

>female deacons
this church institute die long time ago coz he don't need anymore but in khalifate europe he now actual again

Rip roman catholicism.
Press F to pay respect.

f

>Semper Eadem

Yeah, they're certainly not needed in the east. I know the Catholics are having a problem fully staffing priests. The thing is, there will be inevitable bad consequences by putting women in ANY position of power within the Church, even if it's simple administrative work. They can't help it! They tear down every institution they join.

Men (and women) have known this for thousands of years, and it's why NONE of their offices have survived to this day.

my church is more and more looking like those heathen protestants... time to go orthodox I guess

I bet they'll ignore that in the past female deacons were basically super nuns, who had to be over 40 and a virgin to even apply.

Now I know why Catholics hate us protestants so much.

I'm sorry.

However we aren't all the same. Many protestant churches are good.

>what are the chances
>infallible

womans more fanatic than man and if woman have religion power its over

time for a goddamn antipope.
I can't stand this cuck any longer.

The priests will be worried, the women will weed out the pedos.

>protestants
stop marriage gays

Good bye Catholicism

>implying even a significant number of Protestants do this
Ruskie please. You know too little about Protestants to talk about their ideological demographics.

Exactly. It's why 70% of cult members are women. They're sophists, and they are rabidly fanatical about whatever they decide they believe in. That's how they destroy institutions. They find one or two things they disagree with, and going insane on everyone else until they can make things they way they want it.

pr*testants are not christians

Oh boy, no wonder why the catholics are turning away from the pope.

fucking francis he wont stop his commie bullshits