How come all early-mid 2000s indie bands petered out so quick, and none left any legacy? the biggest band, the strokes...

how come all early-mid 2000s indie bands petered out so quick, and none left any legacy? the biggest band, the strokes, was critically crushed on their second album and there's not a whole of people namedropping them as influences

Got tired of listening to eachother whine and then one day everyone in a band realized they’d missed practice to listen to odd future

nobody want to listen to gay white shit, the hip hop game has always been better then rock. nobody want to lets a emo white boy scream and wail over bullshit. The media is slow in realizing this but they eventually figured it out

I don't know about the states but in Canada they left enough of a legacy in the rock scene to still gather followers amongst the new acts.

>nobody want to listen to gay white shit
tell that to reddit

this
the media is the only reason anyone gaf about any of those bands
none of them started with a proper following, all were aimed at the mainstream

who is she?

Stop taking the bait you mongs

Talentless hacks. The Strokes, Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party...

Blacced gril

this, kendrick lamar and kanye are examples of someone who rose to the top regardless of never getting media coverage or promotion.

I hate wh*te people.

i do too. this is why blacked videos are pure kino

The sad part is that rock is literally just a copy of the blues mad by blacks, so blacks really have created almost all modern music. And the white establishment is just now trying to take the power back (trump, republican, alt right nazis)

because most of the 'indie' bands that became popular in that time period had little to offer in the first place and were promoted by a retarded blogosphere/pitchfork/etc echo chamber.

This. The whole thing was held together by thread and it's own "too cool" toxic attitude drove away its own listeners

It could be worse. All those bands have some great fucking tunes

no they fucking don't

It was all a packaged product like N*Sync or Backstreet Boys

I don't about "great", but they could at least play their instruments reasonably well instead of the bullshit studio/laptop meme artists of today. "indie" has been all downhill since the late 90s though.

this. fuck crackers