BBC is watching you. First they came for the people who watched lived TV

...and I didn't speak out, because I watched it on catch up. But now they're coming for us too.

For bongs on this board, you will know the ever looming threat of some little cunt coming to your door and flashing his ID at you demanding to know why you don't have a TV license.

Well, if you didn't watch live TV before, you wouldn't be in trouble. Now the government is announcing anybody who watches programs on catchup will have to be licensed.

The problem is it will be increasingly difficult to justify that you don't need a license. Which means more and more people will be pressured into paying for one.

Fuck sake lads, I'll have to add this to my license collection...and yes I do have a license for my collection.

>independent.co.uk/news/media/bbc-iplayer-catch-up-viewers-to-pay-full-licence-fee-as-part-of-changes-announced-by-government-a7025721.html

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjG2_3q99TMAhUI64MKHVC0AMoQFgglMAE&url=http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/29/bbc-licence-fee_n_4163939.html&usg=AFQjCNEABkfBHayp9npEIn8TC2Cej_TAIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use VPN, problem went away.

Of course there are ways around licensing. You aren't even legally obligated to let them in the house, so you can just tell them to fuck off.

Point is what it means for wider society. It means another thing we're cucked with. Another obligation that we have shoved on us by the government.

TV license

whats the official justification for this?

The BBC, it's a state broadcaster. Apparently it plays a vital role in our society that people simply must pay for it...or face a fuck off fine.

People still watch television? Or do you mean the devices? Because TV sucks, at least here.

Don't you people just pirate your TV/movies over the internet like we do? I haven't turned my TV on in like 3 years other than to play some /vr/, cable just seems like dogshit looking back.

It's everything. Whether you watch it on TV or online using iplayer.

This. I use solarmovie.ph. Captain america civil war just recently got a great copy.

In Soviet England TV watches you!

I'll just flash my knife at the next TV inspector to bother me lads. That'll show then.

I don't know about everyone else but I torrent most things. The only thing I watch live is question time, and I haven't done that regularly for a long time.

Point is, if you didn't watch things live before, you'd be fine. If you watch something live now then you're fucked.

I moved into a new property a while back and got a letter from the BBC within the first week of living there. That's how fanatical they are about people not paying for a license.

Wield a bicycle wheel at him, I hear that's a dangerous weapon.

We'll be paying you a visit, chap.

If you watch something on catchup now then you're fucked* I mean.

Point is if you want to watch anything broadcast by the BBC, then you have to pay for a license.

There is no guarantee you won't get harassed even if you don't touch it.

Before they could say you need to pay a license if you had a TV. Less and less young people have TV's now so now they might harass you just for having a laptop and broadband. This is how fucked up it is.

>TV license
>applying it to laptops
Is there an "office of extortion" building that serves as the hub for this sort of activity, and how flammable is it, just out of pure curiosity?

Im sure I read that the BBC would have to scale down their operations because they were planing on reducing the amount the BBC can charge for a license I know it was one of UKIPs ideas but im sure i remember CON parroting it afterwards.

>Is there an "office of extortion"
Yeah, it's called the British government.

>how flammable is it
I dunno m8, some guy tried to blow up Parliament once. Nobody has really tried since.

Well, November's right around the corner I suppose.

Well we'd need an ABSOLUTE MADMAN to step up, but unfortunately what London will get is a load of ANONYMOOSE mask wearing cunts.

You have truly displayed that a sci-fi dystopia can become real.
Congratulations.

But why don't they just take money from taxes?

still never ever getting one

The bigger story in that article is the BBC's plan to have women in 50% of lead roles, and minorities in 15%.

Hey, do any of you faggots remember "Comrade Dad"? It was a television show in the 1980s which took place in a dystopian future where the Soviet Union took over Western Europe.

It takes place in " Londongrad", and it's hilarious yet terrifying watching the similarities of it to modern day U.K :DDD

Yeah I was going to point this out but for us bongs, diversity quota's is already standard practice.

Quote from the article:

>The BBC will be under a new obligation to provide "distinctive content" rather than just chase ratings. This could affect the Corporation’s ability to buy in hit shows from abroad like The Voice.

The Corporation will have a new obligation to promote diversity with 15 per cent of lead roles going to black and ethnic minority actors by 2020 and 50 per cent of lead roles going to women.

Because that makes sense. Governments don't like to do that.

I'm not paying shit. Too many niggers and women on tv. I'm not paying for that and tv licence man will get a slap when he comes knocking.

Fuck the law.

>be american
>buy tv
>watch tv

How is this such a hard thing for you, Brits?

>meanwhile feminist figurehead Emma Watson sets up offshore company through panama

Wow wow wow. What's that, you cheeky cunts?

I don't watch either, I listen to radio 4 but that's it. my parents still pay for the license though.

>Fuck the law

LOL KEKS'

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjG2_3q99TMAhUI64MKHVC0AMoQFgglMAE&url=http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/29/bbc-licence-fee_n_4163939.html&usg=AFQjCNEABkfBHayp9npEIn8TC2Cej_TAIA

Immigrants don't follow and respect the law of this country, so I don't either.

I'm just adapting to my new multicultural surroundings.

>£1000 fine

wew. Most people who end up screwed by the license fee are young too, which means they'd be fucked.

>Previously it was revealed that over 180,000 people appeared in court during 2012 over accusations of watching television without paying for a licence, which comprised a tenth of all court cases.
>which comprised a tenth of all court cases.
>a tenth

Fucking hell.

>Muslim police
Come on, Bong.

...dont watch cuck tv?

You bongs need to realize, the people who run the BBC aren't necessarily your friends. In fact they may be trying to replace you in society with hoardes of 3rd worlders whom take The Conditioning more readily.

In light of this, I humbly suggest that you kill your TV.

I think he's actually a Sikh desu.

Like I said earlier, no guarantee you won't be harassed about a license even if you don't go near their shit with a 10ft pole.

>he's actually a Sikh
I don't care which Islamic sub-cult he is, user.

Sikh's aren't Islamic lad. Just some turban religion from the Punjab region of India.