Does Visions deserve to be Sup Forumscore? Or it's too out there for this board?

Does Visions deserve to be Sup Forumscore? Or it's too out there for this board?

no
and no

it's shit you pleb

That's just your shitty subjective opinion. Anything else?

its already Sup Forumscore

Its her best album, but Art Angels is more accessible so Sup Forums likes that one more.

>expecting to be taken seriously
You should be banned for disrupting discussion and plain shitposting.

>too out there

nigga what, it's accessible as fuck

>implying his subjective taste is objective
Accessible to you, maybe. Many others have a problem with her voice and her weird singing or with the instrumentation or even the production.

I wonder how

It's a fucking masterpiece, I think it's too damn good to be on Sup Forumscore.

It's not even in top 50 albums of 2010's

Hell no

it stops being good right after oblivion

It starts being great after oblivion, and oblivion is a good song

Not really, the second half of the albums is a boring snoozefest

>inb4 the classic "you don't understand experimental pop xDDD" argument grimesfags always use

Hold on, that's actually a good point.

I don't get it: whose Top 50 albums of 2010's?

>ignoring circumambient, vowels = space and time, be a body, nightmusic, SKIN, symphonia 9, colour of moonlight, know the way
Pleb.

Maybe we can talk about her seriously one day

>Not really, the second half of the albums is a boring snoozefest
Lmao! Really?! First of all: Oblivion is merely the third song, it's not in the middle. Secondly: how the fuck do you like Oblivion but not the very energetic Be a Body, Circumambient, Nightmusic, Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U), to name a few?

There's hope

Maybe, but that would not be possible until this autistic idiot: keeps invading every thread about her

Let's hope he just goes away

lel.

its Sup Forumscore in the way that crystal castles is Sup Forumscore. it will be forgotten soon.

Not really

itt: memes that ran their course

What did you say, you fat clown? I discuss her music, unlike your pathetic whining. When are you going to discuss her music instead shitting your pants like a moron? When?

GRIMES WILL NOT DIVIDE US

aside from literally 5 grimes waifufags i think we're all pretty united in our utter disdain for grimes, her music and her fans.

Nice digits

You people will never know

>being this triggered
Yeah, I tried discussing her music with you multiple times, but it's like talking to a bot with automated responses, constantly repeating himself without ever thinking for himself. It's simply not worth it. Keep living in your autistic world.

>we
Check your head; you have multiple personalities.

I thinks it's literally the same idiot constantly keeping an eye on threads and chiming in to defend his waifu in every one of them. His style is easy to recognize (see: )
The other 4-5 of them at least keep their shit in their shitty general thread

go to bed claire

You tried shitposting and I shut your dumb mouth every time. Where's your music discussion?
>Keep living in your autistic world.
That's rich coming from an autist like you who shitposts in threads you have zero knowledge and zero interest. Just mind your business, freak.

Go to sleep, dipshit. You have hallucinations.

>grimesfags
Who?

Good call

Who is 'we'?

Not you cunts

>being this mad

Derp

It really doesn't deserve to be Sup Forumscore. Claire Boucher uses Visions to set ground rules: she is esoteric, quixotic, whimsical — maybe even just regular ol' weird — and you must acknowledge and appreciate this, damnit. The debut record from Grimes, an alias of the Montreal-based Boucher, kicks off the peculiarity parade by presenting song titles steeped in cutesy affectation. One name includes a heart symbol, another Japanese characters, a third an equal sign, etc. All this purposeful quirkiness is far more off-putting than it is alluring, and things don't fare too much better from there. At a base level, Grimes's musical MO is to squeeze elastic pop music and chilly electronica into the same space, but her reasons for concocting this mash-up are frustratingly unclear. The combination leads to the kind of strangeness that never quite takes flight: the snappy, diaphanous synths have little grit or drive, the dancey tracks never get upbeat enough, little chunks of sounds drift in and out inconsequentially, and then there are the (mostly indecipherable) vocals. Boucher has a sorta Madonna-gone-tween thing going on, which is pretty intriguing at its best and excessively high-pitched and incredibly cloying at its worst (see "Eight" for the latter). Still, this isn't to say the entire thing is a wash — certain songs show glimpses of things going right: the subtle dirge "Symphonia IX (My Wait Is U)," the airiness of "Oblivion," and the gorgeously spare "Know the Way (Outro)." Visions's cover art also looks like it was peeled off an '80s skate deck (always a great thing), and the ever-fascinating Boucher clearly has unusual ideas sloshing around her skull. It's a bummer that Visions ended up as a fever dream of a record: unnecessarily oblique, listlessly long (48 minutes!), and painfully shapeless.

me too

see
I've been seriously discussing Grimes' music with people on /mu for over a year now. Where there's a will there's a way - whining about how difficult something is will get you nowhere.

Absolutely.

>its Sup Forumscore in the way that crystal castles is Sup Forumscore.
In which case, how is it that Visions still gets discussed here while Crystal Castles' music doesn't? Also, Crystal Castles is an artist -
Visions is an album BY an artist...

See pic related.

What a pretentious and plain bullshit review.

>Visions
>The debut record from Grimes
Whoever originally wrote that crappy review didn't even do his research.

Due to the culture of rampant contrarianism on this board, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "like" something is when the thing in question isn't good enough to be worth hating. Likewise, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "hate" something is when the thing in question IS good enough to be worth hating (because people throw rocks at things that shine because things that shine are easy to see.)

For an artist, being universally loved on /mu is a bad sign. Likewise being universally hated on /mu is a bad sign. However being simultaneously strongly loved AND strongly hated by /mu is a wonderful sign, since the size of that dichotomy itself is the closest thing this place has to offer to a true judgment of artistic value.

The proof that Grimes IS a great artist (insofar as /mu hive-mind opinion is concerned) lies in the fact that she has the POWER TO DIVIDE this place. Only the greatest artists can do that.

grimes threads make me feel like I've been transported to a different fuckin world

>Japanese characters
>he doesn't know what wabi-sabi is
Lol I love reading music reviews from people who objectively don't what they're talking about...

Isn't that the point of entertainment media like music?

>let's discuss her music!
>*writes a review of her album*
>what a pretentious and plain bullshit review!

Kek, I knew that waifufags are a joke and incapable of discussing music, but thanks for confirming it once again. Cheers!

>>what a pretentious and plain bullshit review!
Yes. See Most every point made in that write-up indicates to someone at least reasonably familiar with her music that the author just didn't know what the hell he was talking about when he wrote it. DId you find it on RYM?

Posting a random negative review =/= music discussion. At least comment that review; don't throw a turd in the living room and expect her fans to be excited about it. Basically don't be an ass.

>
>Accessible to you, maybe. Many others have a problem with her voice and her weird singing or with the instrumentation or even the production.
Are you serious? It's a synth pop album for crying out loud. It's made to be accessible and achieve chart placement.

Haven't listened to this in ages, think I'll throw it on now while I sober up. See if it holds up.

They are clearly Japanese characters, I don't understand.the problem here.

Personally I basically agree with you desu. However -
how do you then explain a review like this?

Accessibility =/= quality

>They are clearly Japanese characters
And what do they mean?

Are there people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who have her nudes for real

What does the phrase "unnecessarily oblique" translate to in regular English?

>It's a synth pop album for crying out loud.
That's the thing: it's not JUST a synthpop album. There's not even one synthpop album like Visions (besides Grimes' older albums). Prove me wrong.

Grimes threads are trash and do nothing but removes better threads from the catalog. .

Doldrums - Lesser Evil
Blue Hawaii - Untogether
Majical Cloudz - Are You Alone?
Zola Jesus - Taiga
Chelsea Wolfe - Apokalypsis
Pixx - The Age of Anxiety
FKA twigs - LP1
Mozart's Sister - Being
Doldrums - The Air Conditioned Nightmare
Blue Hawaii - Blooming Summer
Lorde - Melodrama
iamamiwhoami - Kin
Austra - Feel It Break
Chromatics - Kill for Love
Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
Niki and the Dove - Instinct
Julianna Barwick - Will
d'Eon - LP

totally agreed

they start off well and then constantly get ruined by autistic sperglords

How are these albums similar to Visions? e.g. post a song like Colour of Moonlight.

you know what, listening to it now, still loving it

see
And no - I'm not the original user you're responding to (I can actually speak/write English...)

>better threads
Such as?

see point #1 in

>I can actually speak/write English
You're not arrogant at all...

Simply stating the facts desu.

Not only that. That "..." at the end speaks volume. You actually implied "I can speak/write English unlike that user who can't".

You look down at people who can't speak/write English as good as you. Of course they can't; they don't fucking speak English irl because they have to deal with their native language first every single day. Try to master 2-3 languages and you'll see it's not that easy.

>Try to master 2-3 languages
English is my native language. Additionally, as a result of my chosen profession, I am also a trained speaker of Italian, German, French, Latin, Greek, Russian, Tagalong, Gaelic, Spanish, and Dutch at present. And no - attaining this wasn't easy.

>You look down [on] people who can't speak/write English as [well] as you.
Normally I wouldn't give a fig one way or another since all that really matters with the use of language at the end of the day is communication of ideas.

However, your particular breed of English is as good as a tripcode for identifying which posts are yours in a thread. And going by that, at least 85% of the retardedly disruptive bait-taking and outright fighting with trolls in Grimes-related threads is apparently YOUR personal handiwork. It's gotten to the point where your presence ITTs is practically just as disruptive to the continued flow of music conversation as that of the trolls. At least their shitposting gets culled periodically as mods/janitors do their job. Your posts (often filled with juvenile meme insults like the word "pleb") just sit there, broadcasting to prowling trollposters that free (You)s are to be had here.

You - personally - are the single biggest reason for pervasive trolling happening in these Threads right now.

Post ONLY about music - or not at all.

>too out there

>English is my native language. Additionally, as a result of my chosen profession, I am also a trained speaker of Italian, German, French, Latin, Greek, Russian, Tagalong, Gaelic, Spanish, and Dutch at present. And no - attaining this wasn't easy.
Yeah sure. That's why you spent so much time on this shithole instead doing something productive. I started to doubt that you're actually a pro musician. A pro musician would be busy doing art, not shitposting about a female musician on this godawful board. I've seen your posts all over Sup Forums every single time this artist was mentioned. You seem to be a vigilante here.
>Post ONLY about music - or not at all.
Seriously? You're such an annoying smug smartass. You don't fucking tell me what should I do. I posted more about music than all your comments combined. You posted more about irrelevant stuff than about music. Here's a concept for you: freedom of speech. It's my right to talk whatever I want as long it's on topic. Your right is to shut the fuck up about my rights. Clear?
>Your posts (often filled with juvenile meme insults like the word "pleb") just sit there, broadcasting to prowling trollposters that free (You)s are to be had here.
Because many of my posts are music related. You could report them but that would be false reporting. If you don't like my style, tough luck. I can't please everyone. Your style is also annoying to me; that doesn't mean I report your posts.
>You - personally - are the single biggest reason for pervasive trolling happening in these Threads right now.
Bullshit. Did you read her older threads (2012-2014)? They were much worse then the current ones. I engage the trolls and I actually make them discuss her music. But you don't see that. You attract the trolls with your endless whining, See x post and "expecting to be taken seriously".
Now: how about minding your business? Be a reasonable smartass.

>However, your particular breed of English is as good as a tripcode for identifying which posts are yours in a thread.
Look who's talking. Your style is visible from the moon. No Grimz thread without your whining.