Muslim girl joins military Citadel

Complains about the dress code
Her family is now suing the citadel for religious discrimination

>The 174-year-old school hasn't ever allowed a uniform deviation "to our knowledge,"

>The school doesn't currently have any students who have a special religious accommodation for uniforms, according to Col. Brett Ashworth, vice president of communications and marketing.

>The student cried after the commandant told her, said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations who spoke with the family Tuesday morning. “She told the commandant it wasn’t fair that she has to choose between practicing her faith and going to the Citadel,” he said.

>She had worked very hard and had been focused on going to the Citadel for a long time, Hooper said. “That’s why she was so heartbroken,” he said.

>She will not attend, he said.

>“A complete denial was very shocking,” he said. They had expected their request to be granted. “The father said, ‘We live in a land of laws. These outdated traditions violate that law’ ” that protects religious freedom, Hooper said.

>“As far as legal action [is considered], all options are on the table,” he said.

>Speaking for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Hooper said not granting religious accommodation was a bar to any practicing Muslim and was not acceptable at a public institution.
>“Obviously from CAIR’s perspective, as a civil-rights organization, we’re not going to drop this issue,” he said. “We’re going to view it as a continuation of the civil-rights struggles that allowed African Americans and women to have free entry and participation in these types of institutions nationwide.

washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/05/10/the-citadel-will-not-allow-an-exception-to-the-uniform-to-let-a-muslim-student-wear-her-hijab/

nbcnews.com/news/military/citadel-considering-uniform-exception-muslim-student-n556541

Other urls found in this thread:

legacy.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/08/11/colorado-jihad-sympathizer-to-plead-guilty/13900255/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do we allow these parasites to control us?

Death to Islam.

it must be great to be a minority, force yourself into a place, then sue them

If you're a fucking sand rat so deluded that you think you're going to hell for not wearing a rag on your head, you have no place in the American military.

What do you mean? They rejected her you fucking imbecile

>We live in a land of laws. These outdated traditions violate that law

Whose side are we talking about here?

Bet we see follow up story about DOJ investigates.

All about tearing down societal norms that the left does not approve of.

>muslims expect everyone to conform to their standards when they go to another country
>when non muslims go to a muslim country they expect everyone to conform to their standards

sounds like the solution is simple

>‘We live in a land of laws. These outdated traditions violate that law’
>outdated traditions violate that law
>outdated traditions
>traditions
>laws
doublethink is truly fascinating

She's going to sue and I would bet she'll win.

Discrimination laws are shit and this is why.

Don't assimilate? Don't qualify? You can sue for millions because "muh feelings".

It's crazy that they don't realize how stupid their argument is. He probably thinks he makes perfect sense.

I hope so.

>The father said, ‘We live in a land of laws. These outdated traditions violate that law.

islamic traditions, he means.

>“The father said, ‘We live in a land of laws. These outdated traditions violate that law’ ”
HHHHHNGGGGGGGGG

if you use a religious reason to get special treatment than you should follow that religion to the letter

Hijab is not a required article of clothing in the muslim faith. The muzzies will lose the suit in no time at all

No chance she will win

>ITS NOT FAIR THAT I HAVE A CHOICE
>ITS NOT FAIR THAT A PRIVATE INSTITUTION MAKES ITS OWN RULES

No, fellow burger. He means the school's traditions.

im thinking of converting to islam so i can get special treatment

>Waaaaah why can't I wear my head scarf in the military academy?

SEPERATION
OF
CHURCH
AND
STATE

jesus fuck I hate these people

I went to a similar school in Virginia, some of you may have heard of it.

I would bet money that this girl doesn't last. Due to her own weakness and the pissed off upperclassmen that will be there to greet her this fall.

Sure, she may win the case and the rest of the country will herald it as a victory for diversity. But what the troglodytes fail to forget is that its a military college. Its a marathon of nonstop bullshit. The first year is hard enough on its own, and there after an increased academic workload combined with the extreme bullshit wears people down. My roommate snapped one night our senior year and left. I haven't heard from him since.

Not even mentioning the ridiculous amounts of hazing that go on behind closed doors. If she is complaining and hasn't even matriculated, she will drop out.

Fuck muslims.

This is exactly the problem. They want all the advantages of living in the West, with none of the duties. They demand special treatment all the time, and then moan and bitch when it isn't working in their favour for once.

This is why integration is failing. Because we are soft. Because we do not demand that they keep to our laws and customs. If muslims want to wear their raperag so badly, that is their own, personal choice. The rest of the world shouldn't have to change their standards to admit the fragile feelings of muslims.

Muslims should be given the choice: Either accept everything the West has, including our view of religion as a private matter, or fuck off back to the desert. I'm sure there are military schools in Syria that are quite willing to accept hijabi students. It should be a be blast.

Converts should be killed. That's one thing I see eye-to-eye with when it comes to Islam.

Underrated post

As a counterpoint to that; the thing is that her headscarf really is, a private matter.. The American Muslim community is largely oblivious to this and can only care less. More or less, it's just the dad being a big, money greedy douchbag that will lose the lawsuit once he finds entering his daughter into the Citadel is not something of a must.

Now, to the next point; up until 2002, female Indonesian soldiers weren't allowed to wear the hijab, and even then, they cannot wear it at the military academy. They can only wear it once they become active servicewomen. This is a Muslim country nonetheless.

Well,the dumb bastard is playing the game.

Even the migrants of euroland know how to call Euros, "radists".

If they were really so oppressed an persecuted they wouldn't have so much belligerent hubris.

Doubtful she really wanted to go. More likely a political puppet so they can make this an issue. Application denied for not living America over a head scarf

The girl in the picture didn't join the Citadel. She tried to go to fight for ISIS after spending time in the Army Explorers, a youth organization. Her name is Shannon Conley and she is in Federal Prison right now.

>legacy.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/08/11/colorado-jihad-sympathizer-to-plead-guilty/13900255/

Pretty sure he's talking about cultural Marxist Jews

>Shannon Conley
such an Islamic name, converts are disgusting

wait, how can you be asexual and queer?

This is probably some staged bullcrap. CAIR has a history of doing that kind of thing.

CAIR is pretty much the US franchise of the Muslim Brotherhood.