Is he a top 10 all time player?

Hes the best player ever for the most relevant club ever. In 50 years people will remember Rooney much better than Messi or Ronaldo

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/822849554907283456
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not even close
and the record doesn't make him utds best ever player you dumb statcuck

Whos better? George best? Lol if he was playing in today's game he would struggle to start at watford

There was a time on this board where baits were actually good.

Even Piers Morgan apologized.
twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/822849554907283456

How is it bait? He's the best player ever for the most relevant nation and club

Yes according to Google

So Pele and everyone before the 80s was shit too?

Probably just outside. He's in the tier below Messi, Maradona, Cruyff etc. alongside Zidane, fat Ronaldo, Iniesta etc..

Watch the """"""""""""""defending""""""""""" in Pele's goals

>Aguero
>No Vardy
>No Slimani
>No Plea
>No Modric
Shit list desu

Actually yes, pele was relatively great but compared to how much more goes into making athletes elite these days he would probably get stomped in the english championship

Google knows what's up

Van Nistelrooy makes Rooney look like a joke

Cristiano is the best Man U player ever.

No he isn't.

He was GOAT for 2 seasons.

Didn't stay long enough at his peak.

IMHO, he's not a utd legend.

>this post
>this topic
>that flag

Next you'll say Andy Cole was 'shit'. Or RvN was 'shit'. Or Sherringham was 'shit'. Or Dwight Yorke was 'shit'. Or Solskjaer was 'shit'.

Fuck off you fucking septic.

>Is he a top 10 all time player
God no.

>In 50 years people will remember Rooney much better than Messi or Ronaldo
yeah that's funny

Andy Cole wasn't great to be fair. Yorke wasn't much better. Mark Hughes was miles better than either of them.

t. Shitzen

>Is he a top 10 all time player?
No.
>Hes the best player ever for the most relevant club ever.
Since when does Rooney play for Real Madrid?
>In 50 years people will remember Rooney much better than Messi or Ronaldo
Good joke, mate.

Rooney might barely be top 100 of all time if we're generous.

you can't compare "old" and "today's" game
of course old players didn't play like today's players do
if the defense was shit whatever, they are good for adapting to that style of game

>taking this embarrassingly obvious bait

>Andy Cole wasn't great
Nearly 0.50 G/D

>Dwight Yorke
0.54 G/D

>Mark Hughes
0.46 G/D

Uh-huh, Fitty.

>muh stats

Everyone knows 90s EPLel was a joke. Hoofball one-team league, before globalization and right after Bosman, barely any good players outside of Manure, not even top 5.

>fat Ronaldo
Rooney doesn't even have half as many goals per game as fat ronaldo

>most relevant club ever
>Until Premier League they were the 4th team with most league titles with JUST 7, tied with Aston Villa
>They only had one Champions League, tied with Aston Villa
>They literally weren't more successfull than Aston fucking Villa

25 years don't make it for 100 years of football history

now this is quality bait. OP take note, this is how it's done.

And Babe Ruth and Jesse Owens couldn't compete with today's athletes either. Ridiculous to compare different eras.

You tell them. There is a reason why we're the greatest team in English (or British) history. Hell, we're the biggest team in the world if you go back.

>that out of date image

If we use that image, United are first with 326.0 points, as they have 13 FA Cups.

>having that saved
>(you)

Not an argument, you're either a Manure Customer or an Arsecuck. Either way, fuck off and stop being mad fucking jelly.

>lying

FA Cup is worthless ever since Portsmouth won it.

Reminder that Manchester United have only won 2 CL titles in the lasr 40 years(same as Porto, Juve, Benfica and Forest), even those coming from a John Terry slip and a lucky comeback.

He is the best player that has played in the team and it was during his prime.

That doesn't make you a legend IMO.

It would be like saying Suarez is the best Liverpool player ever.

In his GOAT season and at his best, Suarez is best Liverpool's all time great but he didn't stay long enough for that to be the case.

Same thing with CR7.

Suarez would have been a legend had he won the epl. CR7 won everything there is to win with man U.

I can not wait to see him cannibalize the moral and cohesion of the England national team, yet again, in Russia. There are few greater pleasures in life than seeing his slow descent into frustration and disbelief as he gets BTFO yet again. I don't think he's that bad of a guy, merely dumb as bricks, but it warms my heart to think of all the arrogant, delusional Sup Forums bongs having their fantasy come crashing down. I don't even give a shit about soccer really but on all boards with flags you guys are flaming faggots in general.

can someone post that pasta about a future grandfather tells his grandchildren about rooney?

>Mexican Halal bandwagoners
everytime

IMO the funniest post ever written on this board.

How will Rooneyfags ever recover?

>records mean you are remembered
I don't know who the Serie A record goalscorer is
does that mean that I don't remember any Italian players, no
People remember players who they saw do amazing things, records are just stuff that gets entered into a wikipedia spreadsheet

I also don't like the fact that goals these days = greatness
I think there should be around 2-3 strikers in a top ten of all time list, Rooney's not going to make that list over Cruyff, Fat Ronaldo & Messi
>I don't rate Pele & Maradona fight me

Yeah he would have been a Liverpool legend because Liverpool have been shit for the past 25 years and haven't won it.

So obviously he would be considered a huge catalyst for the change in success.

Just the same as looking back in 10 years time and calling Vardy a Leicester legend.

However, Man Utd were extremely successful and continued to be so after Ronaldo left straight after so in my eyes he can't be considered a legend.

everytime

Yes

How many other players are the top scorer for their country and their countries biggest club?

There's Lionel Messi.

I've quite honestly never heard of any of those players in my life

but he's 11th there user

He is better than Totti.

That's because you're 13 and need to leave.

Yes
There is no fair critique to be made of Rooney that isn't refuted easily

>Only scores against part timers
This is fucking bullshit
OK, granted. The players of Moldova and Andorra have two jobs but these are both full time jobs. Andorra, San Marino, Moldova etc have some of the highest costs of living on earth. Without two jobs these people couldn't live there. So they aren't part timers, just hard workers, which makes them hard to score past

>Has never been better than Messi or Ronaldo
He has been better than Messi or Ronaldo in every training session ever. This man is more dedicated than either of them. He was also the best player in the world in 2010 when he dominated the league and champions league whilst Ronaldo did nothing and Messi did nothing. Also that season he dominated the world cup with England until we got refballed by Germany. Messi and Ronaldo both did nothing

>He has never reached his potential
This is true but his potential is literally to be perfect. He is slightly below perfect. The ONLY reason he hasn't reached his potential is his poor hair genetics. I'm serious. If he had more hair, he'd feel less insecure on the field and be less aggressive, and score more goals. Literally, he would score 40 goals a season with hair

>Bobby Charlton was better for England and United
This just isn't true. You can talk about part timers but in the 1966 world cup the ONLY 5 teams in the world who were full time footballers were England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Brazil. The fact he barely won the world cup shows how average he was. Rooney would have scored 20 goals in that weak tournament.

>He 'shagged grannies'
And? That was probably the best shag those grannies ever had. I bet they weren't complaining that he only fucks part timers when he was shagging their part time nurse in front of them whilst they rubbed their fanny chanting his name. If I was 86 I would kill for a hot young athlete to tear my pussy out with his camera cursing tongue

the days of rooney la

Best, Law, Charlton, Cantona, Keane, Schmeichel, Giggs, Scholes were all better. Barely even makes top 10 of Man Utd.

this abu

He is top 50 all time player

He's not even top 100 you inbred fucking potato

he's top 3

>Liverpool fans will go to this length to distract from their own failures

Nicky Butt
David Beckham
Michael Carrick
Owen Hargreaves
Dennis Irwin
Gary Neville
Rio Ferdinand
Nemanje Vidic
Van der Sar
Dwight Yorke
Andy Cole
Ruud van nistelrooy
Robin van persie
Berbatov

The list goes on

How can he bet top 10 all times if he isn't even top 10 right now, not even top 10 in his position

If he was any good he'd be playing in a relevant league

Moyes convinced him to stay on a million day contract and was going to bring the best out of him. The van gaal brought the best out of him and now mouyes will bring the best out of him. He could do well at PSG or dortmund but he's finally at his level in 6th.

you really think RVP and berbatov are above Rooney?

>I don't rate Rooney

nice b8 m8

I know this is bait but I'll give him top 40 all-time.

>Andy Cole wasn't great

Are you high?

If not for the nature of that goal, the Rooney haters would be out in full force. Can you imagine it was a penalty on a blown call or it went off his knee?

>le "epl is shit" man
gimmick posters like you are sad people

this thread lacks slav desu

>most relevant
>ManU

What did OP mean by this?

The average american has no idea who Rooney is, yet they know who Ronaldo and Messi are.

You're a joke; fuck off