What does Sup Forums think of Ang Lee's Hulk?

What does Sup Forums think of Ang Lee's Hulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AHK-sHcOxIg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Visually an interesting, but failed experiment.

He's a big guy.

greatest of Hulks

was getting angry part of his plan?
was getting dubs part of yours?

Strongest of all Hulks seen on the big screen.

He was very anglee

The original capekino. No comic film other than The Dark Knight has come close to matching it in thoughtfulness and drama.

best hulk by far

The scene when he beats 3 mutated dogs to death it pretty good

>this plays before your spiderman movie
youtube.com/watch?v=AHK-sHcOxIg

The Good:

>Jennifer Connelly and Sam Elliott are perfectly cast
>Nick Nolte's performance is entertaining and compelling in a Gary Busey kind of way
>the action, specifically the tank scene and the dog fight, are pretty good
>Danny Elfman's score is excellent
>the CG, while it hasn't aged too well, is impressive for the time
>interesting attempt at making capeshit psychologically complex

The Bad:

>Eric Bana, while a great actor in his own actor, is miscast as Bruce Banner. He's too buff and handsome to be a nerdy scientist. Ed Norton and Mark Ruffalo are both much better.
>not nearly enough action for a Hulk movie (inb4 muh marvelcucks, i just mean for a movie starring the hulk there simply wasn't enough smash)
>cinematography feels dreary and bland to me
>deadfully dull film overall
>JCon doesn't show tits

The Ugly:

>the weird comic-book panel aesthetic doesn't really work apart from the odd occasion
>Major Talbot's death scene is unforgivably awful-looking
>Hulk's butt

Ironically loved it when it was new. That ed norton movie was bullshit

>Ironically loved it when it was new.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

It means autocorrect fuckef up the word unironically

A film about child abuse and subsequent repressed anger. 10/10

'Failed' by not being a comedy full of quips and some light punching.

Visually stunning

Under rated

Much more dark and interesting than your typical marvel movie and yet everyone here seems to love it.

i love it.

It actually has some heart and soul and not popcorn sugary sweet typical marvel puff and stupid quips, the acting is also great as well as the direction.

The script... well it was interesting to say the least i liked it i really really like it.

Everyone gave me shit cuz I said it was kinda a cool movie at the time.

Everyone hated it.

Its still retarded capekino though.

Only time I was excited for Hulk.
How did they make him such a boring character?

Boring as fuck. Except for some visuals. The plot felt like a lame duck. I wished Any Lee, who I liked as a director went more in the direction of Crouching Dragon not Chungking Express.

Also weird how the script took a random bit of trivia about Bruce's back story with his crazy father and made the whole movie about it. In the 80's John Bryne wrote about Bruce's asshole father but it was a very small part of the storyline.

Its funny when filmakers actually try to do something different like this they get shat on so then they have to go make 10+ years of safe marvel drivvel.

Remember when Sam Riami made Spiderman 1 and 2?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA ITS TOO OUT DER UMMM MAKE SPOODAH MAN 3 LIEK MORE COMIC BOOKY

Look how that turned out

Same with the reboot as well both horrible movies.

People wunna talk about bland i dont even remember anything about avengers 2 or cap 3

How is he boring?

Why is the plot a lame duck?

>Not enough Quips
>too slow (its a psych drama not action movie shite)
>Waaa

Seriously why are you even in this thread?

Go back to fapping over TDK and BVS crap

Well put. The "heart and soul" really is there

Top patricians ITT. It's a pretty good and interesting movie. I even liked the dumb comic book panel shit they did. It was one of the first films to do something like that iirc, so it still felt experimental and interesting.

no worries i feel like rewatching it again thanks user.

>you wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee

What did the Hulk mean by this?

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?

Annoyingly dark sometimes. And by dark I don't mean gritty or something, they just couldn't afford to pay their power bills dark.

Get a better TV and watch in a dark room like a true patrician

> what was your secret to directing this film?
> my secret is I'm always Ang Lee

it was a bait and switch, people paid to see capeshit and got arthouse drama

i mean i liked it when i was 12, it was a unique experience, but i can see why some people were angry

ive said it before and ill say it again, ang lee's hulk is the greatest movie i've ever seen where nick nolte bites into an electrical cable and turns into a giant jellyfish

It's a movie about child abuse, not a superhero smashing shit and for that I commend it. Also the scene where Josh Lucas dies is one of the funniest scenes of all time.

It's pretty much the quintessential example of a film that is shit when released but grows old like fine wine and you get to enjoy it a lot more a decade or so later. Or maybe it's just that the MCU is so dull that any superhero film that takes risks and has a bit of imagination will now be seen as a masterpiece in comparison

Um Any Lee Hulk has way more in common with TDK/Nolanbat and MOS/BvS than the other capeshit movies user. Your argument is knda moot. And yes it's fucking boring sorry. What does your autism not understand?

The comic panel bullshit ruined the film for me. But still I think this is the best Hulk film ever made.

fuck, i wish we could kickstart a campaign to dust off the original print, clean up some of the fx and remove all of those goddamned comic book panel transitions. seriously wtf were they thinking with that shit? its a serious drama about repressed memories and child abuse and then that shit pops up and completely takes you out of the movie

moot means you can argue somethibg further, so i agree

I thought the rape scene was a little much 2bh

This was the last superhero movie to have any psychological substance with its characters.

znyder is trying way too hard.

Tons of nostalgia loved it was a kid and it had a fantastic soundtrack youtube.com/watch?v=Ie1waJKUA2s

I cant tell if you're meming or not because there is a heavily applied rape scene at the start of the film