letterboxd.com/samturret/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/films/page/11/
letterboxd.com/bvgf/
letterboxd.com/ManMothz/
letterboxd.com/gin4646/activity/
letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/
letterboxd.com/aorcarcamo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mel Brooks. Woody makes the same three films and none of them are any good. Woody's movies comes off feeling like he sees them as world-changing, like they're the most important pieces of art ever, while Brooks says fuck off to pretentious high art and makes dumb comedies, but where Apatow fails at making comedies any funny, Brooks is a masterful comedian. I do want to point out I think out of all of Brooks and Woody's films, Woody's Purple Rose of Cairo is probably my favorite, but I still prefer Brooks.

Billy Wilder of course

Bill Will lmao

Sunset Boulevard was the only good movie Wilder has ever made. The rest of his movies are typical genre trash or just straight boring.

>genres are bad

>genres aren't bad

Cool joke

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

i don't have anything of value to add to this discussion and i haven't watched anything worth discussion that i hadn't seen before since the last thread

what did everyone think of THE GRANDMASTER? has anyone else seen the 130 minute cut?

I mean, it's okay to prefer "le art film", but pretending there isn't merit to genre filmmaking only makes you look retarded.

Godfather 3 is the best FUCKING movie ever made I cried watching it it was so good

ok

>Woody makes the same three films
You really haven't watched his filmography at all

go to your friends house and ask him to SHOOT you in the mouth faggot
GF3 FTW

letterboxd.com/Redwell/

My Harrison Fordathon is coming to a close. I'll be (trying to finish) watching Blade Runner for the first time to close it out.

Did you watch the fugitive yet

which version are you planning on watching? Final Cut?

I watched it first, bud. Of the 4 movies that involve his wife in peril, it's easily the best. The best crafted of the bunch as well.

The final cut. I generally prefer to experience the movie the way the director intended.

Been awhile since I've posted here. How is everyone doing?

letterboxd.com/lozjudai/

>that ratio
>that bio
>he uses half stars
Make sure you check out Cinemos when it launches. Join the exodus.

Fuck yeah! I'm watching Ben-Hur!

/dropout_bear

new favorites edition

letterboxd.com/Synt/

I think that Woody Allen's drama/dramedies are better than all of Mel Brooks' films, but Mel Brooks in general makes better straight comedy films, and far better directed ones at that.

Think I might watch Phase IV tonight. Didn't know that Saul Bass even tried directing.

>letterboxd

letterboxd.com/KagsMagnus/

my boy

I love you kags

kags come back to discord D:

post the link i have no other way to connect

ask bri/mitts for an invite. gorro doesn't want the links posted publicly anymore

probably because he doesn't want the feds to find out that he is a pedo

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

>Stay
>4.5
Defend yourself. That's one of the worst movies that I've ever seen.

How come you didn't like Frantic more?

oh shit

I'm a huge fan of Polanski (as a director, not as a child molester). I wouldn't say I hated it, but it's just kind of bland. I referenced this earlier, but throughout this marathon I've gotten used to Harrison Ford's wife being in peril. Comparatively, it was a very naturalistic way to tell the story which was cool. The middle just felt a bit meandering. Not tight enough story telling and none of the complex thematic stuff Polanski usually manages to fit in there. I just couldn't detect much of his personality in it.

As far as 2 stars, my scores are kind of weighted in the sense that I account for the fact I don't usually watch movies that I think I won't like.

XDDD

>Responding to fedora poster
Don't give him the attention he so desperately craves.

Oh, and I kind of hated The Mosquito Coast but it raised a lot of interesting questions so I rated it higher than Frantic despite the second being more consistent in its ideology. So yeah, stars don't really tell the story.

Allen may be inconsistent as a filmmaker, but Brooks movies are WILDLY inconsistent on a joke by joke basis. Even his best movies have so many flat jokes

This is the only Wilder I've seen so far and really liked.

I'd suggest watching One, Two, Three if you haven't already. Very underrated Wilder comedy

I have, the first half is pretty hilarious. Second really runs into the ground with the "make him a capitalist" joke going on forever

Are you a thirsty girl lusting after Harrison Ford? Why would anyone marathon actor's filmography?

letterboxd.com/machill54/

hello haha

No, just curious about his career in the 80s and 90s. Why would anybody even watch movies? Everything is vanity. Let's commit mass suicide.

letterboxd.com/finchet/film/the-birth-of-a-nation-2016/

pls like my review

No it's a bad review in my opinion

What are your thoughts on silent film as a whole?

Personally, I admire and respect them for their importance in film history but most of them now are stale and boring. Beautiful, but boring. I do enjoy a handful of them though.

>"To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic."

Blazing Saddles is a masterpiece.

Nothing Allen has done will ever come close. He is perhaps more consistent than Brooks - although maybe not lately.

Jesus fucking Christ, Letterboxd, get your shit together.

It was a cool experiment.

Silent films are objectively better than talkies

As soon as live sound was invented it ended the possibility of directing while filming a scene and thus auteurism died too

Why 2 and a half stars for Hero?

letterboxd.com/samturret/

Kevin Smith has never made a good movie in his life. He is a blight on cinema.

Profile?

That whole interview is great.

>"No, no charm. To me, he was just a hateful, hateful man. I think Katie just doesn’t like me. She doesn’t like the way I look. Don’t you know there’s such a thing as physical dislike? Europeans know that about other Europeans. If I don’t like somebody’s looks, I don’t like them. See, I believe that it is not true that different races and nations are alike. I’m profoundly convinced that that’s a total lie. I think people are different."

How much horror would you say Tusk has?

Not much. Even if you're looking for body horror it's weak af.

Good. Might watch.

Go for it, it's actual trash though.

it's steakbro, he has espoused this opinion before in discord

Why am I not surprised

post the discord

Kinda got that from your rating, just that I haven't seen a horror film in years. Wanted something mild.

post profile

it is me
james healy

Big Jim Healey

letterboxd.com/steakbro/films/page/11/

How can he enjoy a handful of them if he's only seen one?

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

Where did you watch tickled?

It got a limited release (only one screen in the whole city) here in Melbourne.

it turns out kane didn't die after all and they didn't burn the sled after all

>Sled

I thought rosebud was gaping anus?

Brian De Palma Razzie Awards
2001 Nominated
Razzie Award Worst Director
Mission to Mars (2000)
1991 Nominated
Razzie Award Worst Picture
The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)
Worst Director
The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)
1985 Nominated
Body Double (1984)
1984 Nominated
Scarface (1983)
1981 Nominated
Dressed to Kill (1980)

Why are the Razzies so contrarian?

Come Cani Arrabbiati is great, sleazy but without the rushed/cheap feel a lot of the films have

letterboxd.com/ManMothz/
Woody Allen. He makes a lotta movies, and a lotta 'em are good!

Good, he blows dick

Hey! You take that back, right now!

I need to get back on the eurocrimes

top pleb

who would do this? is it some kind of autism?

letterboxd.com/gin4646/activity/

I need to get back on the films that don't interest me

letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/

I still need to see more Allen films, but I found Annie Hall, Manhattan, Midnight in Paris and found them funny to a certain extent. I'm considering seeing Coffee society this week.
I loved Brooks Men in tights and dracula dead and lovin it when I was a kid and what I saw of spaceballs back then, no idea if they'd hold up now at 30 though. Blazing saddles was a blast. I'm ashamed I haven't seen the original producers.

Off you go to watch Citizen above suspicion if you haven't already.

Did some Palmafag just call someone pleb

And to my eternal, eternal shame I worshipped his films when I was a child and didn't know any better.
Dreyer was some kind of silent film master.
I feel the style of silent film works really well in horror films.

Just wondering, how do you guys go about rating documentaries? I can never seem to work out how to score them, I just give them likes.

letterboxd.com/aorcarcamo/

suggest me a movie and ill watch it :)

gayniggers from outer space

How do you guys watch so many films? Are you all pirates?

Losers and/or artfags.

no subtitles :(

noriko's dinner table

poor little white guy

Live in the middle of no-where, no job, torrent everything up to three films a day, friends all too busy and they don't watch films. People online keep recommending me stuff.

will see, thanks
nice dubs btw