Why don'y you drive manual?

Why don'y you drive manual?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/autos/driving-stick-pros-cons-manual-transmissions-article-1.1247896
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do

95 gmc Sonoma. First manuel. Fucking love it and never going back

Me too.

I do

Why don't you spell check?

I was eating and I only used 1 hand to type.

who cares

Because I'm not a Eurofag.

I do

Daily drive a 2015 F150 5.0 auto. It's convenient for traffic and such. My play toy is a 69' Boss mustang with a 5 speed.

Better fuel efficiency, faster acceleration and less likely to be stolen. Are all those benefits only for eurofags?

If you can afford two cars thats the way to go, traffic is a bit of a bitch in a manual.

because it's a useless skill that is becoming less-and-less relevant to know

Because manuals are impractical and outdated.

>[citation needed]

I don't drive at all. Check mate atheists

Because automatic is more convenient.

Because I'm not a faggot?
You like fucking your car every time your change gears? like having a car that sucks up fuel like your mum on weekdays? why not crank start your engine while you are at it. Back to the cave grandpa.

Manual wrangler master race checking in.

End thread

cause u look like a fag jacken the stick

Kys

Utter bullshit.

Control.

i second this,
drove manual for 10 yrs

Lol americans driving with automatic transmissions. I haven't seen anyone here driving like that unless they were disabled or retarded in some way.

Look at any owners manual to a car. They will all state that the manual version of the car gets 1 to 2 seconds faster on a 0-100km. Also they will all state that the manual gets more kilometres per litre. And how is it gonna get stolen if less the 4 percent of the US population can drive manual?

Lazy fucks with their automatic transmissions. This is why manhood is dying. I bet these autocucks don't even know how to work on their vehicles. Pussies.

I do because I live in EU. Only rich ppl drive automats here.

You get more control in a manual car. You have two more points of control.

>tfw americlap with no legs who drives a manuel
Checkmate europoors

i do and i hate ... country im from the automatic versions are way expensive than manual ...

I'm legitimately a faggot and I drive manual and work on my own car. What fucking pussies.

t. miata fanboy

you guys are the worst

its not god damn rocket science dipshits.
nydailynews.com/autos/driving-stick-pros-cons-manual-transmissions-article-1.1247896

Is it still true that manuals get better mpg? I heard that auto transmissions are advanced enough now that they're the same efficiency wise. My Nissan frontier is a 6sp and I love it

Miatas are awesome. 200hp in a light plastic box is a recipe for fun.

I do. Though I'd prefer an auto because im a lazy shit.

>this thread again

I do drive a manual.

>inb4 driving and lurking

In parked waiting for a call from dispatch. Can't move until then.

I also have piss-poor clutch control.

Yea it's so cool to do extra work while driving when I could have the machine do it instead. Hey why don't I not use the machine even more and remove power steering to make it even harder! The only time manual is worth it is in racing and similar activities where finer shift control is a benefit. Don't fall for the "be a man" meme. You just sound like a retard.

>2017
>Owning a car with a transmission

Stay poor faggot. The future is now

370 horsepower but in a high traffic area. Can just throw it into sport mode for aggressive auto shifting or paddle shift if I'm really dying to be a fag

Fake news

i agree but the circlejerk over them and MUH MANUAL is kinda annoying

I live in the center of a hilly and hugely congested city, auto just makes more sense

>Depending on driving style and road conditions, drivers can increase their fuel economy by as much as 15 percent.
No specifics given, no citation for the research., no explanation for what happens in stop and go traffic.

What a shit article.

>200hp

>remove the power steering

First vehicle i ever drove was a 1994 ford f150 4x2 with 5 sp manual and inline 6 cyl. Blown p/s line. Every time we got it fixed it would blow again. I've literally driven your meme vehicle.

Automatics tend to want to stay around 3000rpm no matter what. Since the lower the rpm the less fuel your burning yes. You do get better efficiency as long as you stay in higher gears for as long as possible.

Good for you, but that only makes it more embarassing for the other amirecucks

>Automatics tend to want to stay around 3000rpm no matter what

Yeah you're right. Why take the initiative to be in control. Why be the alpha. Someone else will anyway right? You just continue to beta the fuck out of yourself and cry when a real man fucks your girl, and shows her what it's like to be with a real man. But if course, it'll be his fault because you're too much of a pussy. Removing the power steering lightens the car making it faster. Dumbass. If you can't drive a car w/o power steering you should probably just finish the gender reassignment surgery. Faggot.

Owning a car with a transmission!! HAHAHA your fucking retarded. Every car has a transmission otherwise you couldn't get over 20kph or reverse.

>Automatics tend to want to stay around 3000rpm no matter what.
What the FUCK are you talking about? Jesus christ do you know what rpm is?

Electric cars don't have transmissions you fucktard

>US
>Believing the big companies
>Eating the lies up
>shilling out all your money for petrol chuggers
topkek.

Driving a stick shift gives you more control since you control gears, thus making it easier for you to slow down and/or stop.
Manual transmissions require less maintenance because they are a much simpler design; however, the clutch may need to be repaired or replaced at some point.
Manuals are also more fuel-efficient since you’re not using as much power as with an automatic.
On average, standard transmissions are usually cheaper than their automatic counterparts.
Manuals are less popular than automatics, they are less likely to be stolen.

I want to live in the world of someone who legitimately thinks like this for one day, I bet it would be a trip. Obviously I know in this specific instance it's just flinging shit but you know there's some people out there who unironically have that sort of mindset.

So, there are some wrong facts here...

1) efficiency of automats nowadays is even better than manuals, because of less friction loss and more gears (7/8/9/10), manual is limited to 6 (if u ignore the gay Corvette c07 with manual 7 gears. ROFL.)

2) eurofags use less automats because their cars and engines are smaller, so classically they drive manuals, also because in history the auotmats sucked alot.

They make more money on automatic car sales, so what incentive do they have to lie about the benefits of manual?

But you aren't driving it now though? Instead you are sitting in your petrol chugger, with your A/C, engine that doesn't need to be crank started, anti-lock brakes, computer controlled systems, blended metals, digital radio, air bags, the list goes on. You better remove them all, gotta be a real man.

that's what I'm talking about, pussy 4 wheelers with their synchronized transmissions

Column shift Expert mode, checking in.

I need that hand to fap and flip people off while driving. Why else?

>What is big gas
>What is America

Looks so familiar

3000 RPM all the time?? even when parked or not accelerating? wtf retard

No power steering is cool. You are less likely to 'dry steer' your car. Which damages your tires and steering components.

The exact reason I don't have a manual i need one hand for using my phone and one to shove a burger into my face

Manual driver here.

Manual is great fun. Feels good man.

I drive stick because the cars are cheaper here.
I also enjoy shifting gears because in some situations it makes me feel a bit like a racer (even though I'm far from it) and that's fun.
I don't judge anyone because of their choice of transmission.

I do.
next question

Well I kinda worded it very poorly. I more or less ment that the car isn't gonna sit at 1000rpm in 6th gear in an auto car. And that is the best way to get more kilometres to the litre.

Because I'm a lazy fat fuck

>petrol chugger
Eurofag located

>crank started
Lolwut? You mean with a key? Or are you going olde tyme with the crank handle in the front? If the handle is what you mean then no. I dont have to crank start my current vehicle

>a/c
Doesnt work

>digital radio
Same as the a/c

>driving it now
No. It was my parents truck. I havent driven it since i moved out

Any other questions?

Citreon 2CV?

*you're

Retard

Kek

Don't feel like messing with it anymore on the DD. I did enjoy it in my C6, but after the built engine and F1, I had bad luck on a few clutches between a manufacturing defect and then just not holding what they claimed it could. Swapped to an auto and have never looked back.

Haha yeah, nailing a perfect shift just makes you feel like a driving god.

This.

First of all, electric is the way to go. Eliminate the need for a transmission all together. But if you have to have a transmission it should be a CVT. Unlimited gear ratios means maximum efficiency and no shifting/gear wear. I mean for craps sake all the supercars got away from fully maunal because humans aren't fast enough.

>Please stop this meme, your manual transmission is obsolete and it won't be back

If you use a sequential gear box you are fast enough.

lol fatty's

>unlimited gear ratios
>unlimited

How does that even work? Would that not require an infinite amount of teeth on the cogs?

Infinite cogs would clog up the universe as we know it and kill us all.

You are a madman.

I have stick gear Pegeot, my only regret about its only 5 gear therefore i can't go faster than 100 km/h or car will devour my gastank .

Fuck yeah. I might drive what most would call a shitbox, but it's got a 5 speed and no p/s and I love it

>Hur dur big company conspiracy

Fuck off hippie cunt, nobody cares about your truths

I have drove 3 speeds before. Nothing bad about a 5 speed.

The gearbox is fine. As said, no p/s, no a/c, no power mirrors or windows, hell it doesn't even have a tacho.

Kek

I know you're not serious but CVTs have a single drive belt that moves on a cone shaped pully. These pullys move toward and away from one another creating the unlimited gear ratios. There are awesome videos on YouTube if you're interested

>be me
>tricked out 370Z
>springs, exhaust, shift kit, CAI
>cruisin the street
>hit the freeway
>time to open her up
>full throttle up the entrance ramp
>downshift so I can do an emergency lane pass of slow ass minivan in front of me
>crest the top of the ramp and see that freeway is dead stopped
>spend next 30 minutes working the clutch 400 times while traveling half a mile
>realize it's not 1987 anymore and that all a manual gets me in current traffic is a left leg calf cramp
Fuck off with your racer boy fantasies, OP

Ah, cool - thank you :)

And yes, I admit that my comment was rather silly.

You sir have my respect.

How do you shift though? Hand shift?

>Leg full of cramp

From gearshifting in traffic? What are you, like a out-of-shape 250lb potato?

Been driving a manual for 6 years now. So tired of it. Next car will definitely be automatic.

I use my right fake leg for the gas/brakes and my left fake leg for the clutch. Same as anyone