So with four films under their belt, is it safe to say that they're the best "animation" studio out there right now?

So with four films under their belt, is it safe to say that they're the best "animation" studio out there right now?

Of course.

I enjoyed Kubo. Even if it had the same ending as Harry Potter.

holy kek what went wrong

I haven't seen Kubo yet, is it good?

If so then even with only four movies, they'd have a better rate than Pixar, with its fucking Cars bullshit.

Not that I've seen those either, but I hate vehicles and I hate Larry the Cable Guy.

That it's only been out for a week?

It's very good, yes.

>tfw Finding Dory will beat out Kubo at the AA

fuck Disney and their monopoly on the animation industry

>highest percentage tomatoes
>lowest gross
I assume it's just because it's early in the run.

It should have made way more than that by now

Will Nike president disown him?

Kubo with their best to date.
Coraline still has some of the best "feel", but Kubo is a masterpiece. The story is a little hammy at times, but the technical skill is astounding. They were able to pull off intense actions scenes with stopmotion very well.

Thats the fucking beauty of it.
Laika pretty much has an unending supply of money to make films. Even if one of their movies bombs, they'll still go on and make more.

With Ghibli dead then it's likely. What big animation studios are still around outside of America / Japan?
The heart of animation will always be in smaller productions though.

Meh, it's been out a week and a half and you still need word of mouth to spread it. It hasn't been released overseas yet either.

Wow, what a cool dad

>tfw we'll never get the henry selick directed laika studios film of the graveyard book

I geek out about it so much.
Imagine being the son of the founder of a multi-billion dollar company.
You have a near-unending well of revenue to do with as you please.
So what do you do?
You make a film studio free from the shackles of suits making "artistic" decisions like what's done at Disney and Dreamworks. You can make art for art's sake. You have a company where all the artists have a picture and a bio on your studio's website.
But get this;
You make films with the most time consuming media there is; Stopmotion.
But because of your situation, you can put the time and effort in that stopmotion requires in order to make these films masterpieces.

I fucking love Laika.

Also theres talks of making a 2D feature film. Laika could be the savior of classic animation.

I wouldn't call any of their works "masterpieces" but they're an extremely based studio and I'll be supporting them until I die.

They are visually.

Why can't people into animation that isn't 3DCG crap anymore? it makes me feel sad that all mainstream animation movies will become pixar/disney clones.

No skilled artists anymore I THINK, Because no money in it.

Japan's had a bit of a resurgence in good anime films since 2013 so it's not all bad. New Yamada and Katabuchi this year.

Anime is gay

Shut up nerd

They have a notoriously slow crawl in the box office. But also every movie is doing bad