Why so many good artists die?

it's so unfair goddammit, we have trash living and the actual real artists to die.
who's up for a nostalgia thread?.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXQzAApb4WM
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Please god give us back Freddie Mercury, you can have Justin Beiber instead!

Everyone dies user

youtube.com/watch?v=tXQzAApb4WM
you made want to listen questlove, J dilla and nujabes again.

another one dead
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY
let's the nostalgia flow

at least they left music behind...
now can you face the fact that everybody dies

>Everyone dies user
>now can you face the fact that everybody dies
Read Hume. Inductive reasoning is worthless. Just because everyone in the past has died doesn't mean everyone alive now will die.

>Just because everyone in the past has died doesn't mean everyone alive now will die.
lolwut

>Inductive reasoning is worthless
have fun spiraling down your solipsistic rabbit hole.

This is why philosophy was a failed experiment. This shit manages to be "logically sound" and would take a stupid amount of effort to debunk following their rules. Literally mental masturbation.

t. brainlets

t. p h i l o s i p h i s e r i s t
deep thinkin

has philosophy ever contributed anything useful? philosophers just talk shit and get high while scientists find out stuff and governors rule nations

>Just because everyone in the past has died doesn't mean everyone alive now will die.
>inductive reasoning
>literally, "I read a bit about philosophy in an article once." Teir shit
>calls other people a brainlet

Should we notify this dude's carer or just let the little idiot tire himself out?

I'm not a 'professional quote maker', but I'll try it out here.

"While the sheep and the rats scurry for worldy pleasures and power, the golden light of wisdom will shine upon the virtuous few who seek it." - me

science is a product of philosophy

I guess you could say the good die...young.....

"While the hordes of the blind draw blood from the sweat of their brows working for wealth and status, the angelic effervescence of enlightenment and truth will embalm the brave open-eyed believers who take their chances glancing behind the curtain to see the truth." - me

"While the mindless and petty slave away under the chains of their own inability to think, God will literally jizz on the face of those who cut their strings and instead observe the puppet show of life from the theatre." - me

you're really stupid lmao

XDD UPVOTE

god, what a retarded fuckface. you probably think that philosophy is "jus common sens bruh, deese ppl r useles I can thank fo muhself."

I'm new to this board. is Sup Forums always full of such faggots?

Philosophy shapes modern thought more than you could probably grasp.

Cicero's philosophy (as well as Locke and Kant's) had a profound effect on the minds of the founding fathers, General "Mad Dog" Mattis carries around a copy of Marcus Aurelius' meditations, Post-modernists like Foucault and Derrida influence today's thinking landscape with their "everything is up for interpretation" philosophy, Nietzsche influenced Hitler with his teachings of the "superman" and backhanded shade about Jews throughout his writing...

There's a lot more but I'm just a layman. Philosophy has its roots in the belief system of every human being whether they know it or not. A lot of the ethical/moral principles you have probably stemmed from the writing of a Philosopher at one point, and have been passed down through generations without second thought. Once you start reading Philosophy you can really see the impact it has.