TFA is fucking SHIT

What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's beyond dogshit.

People are blind to true kino.

does anyone take reddittomatoes seriously anymore? tfa was the straw which broke the donkeys spine for me. lost all respect for their pretentious reddit opinions when theres brilliant adam sandler flicks which barely make 10%

>brilliant adam sandler flicks

false flagging jew

>shit taste detected
dont be so hard on yourself

Reminder that JJ just copied the plot to a new hope and plastered on some 2015 identity politics and people ate it up. The movie has no depth or nuance at all.

Also reminder that studio executives feared BvS would fail because it was too smart for mainstream audiences. A fear that turned out to be completely on point.

this is a disinfo agent

It wasnt bad but you have valid points

watch the ticket sales drop like a sack of shit for the next one.

people bought into the star wars hype and watched tfa because its mother fucking star wars, the first one in years. now most people know its shit (apart from plebs).

i cant wait to watch it crash and burn

It's still the best Star Wars movie
The origibsk trilogy is massively overrated, wasn't impressed it at all
Shitty dialogue
Horrendous acting(ex. I am your father)
Mediocre fights
One dimensional characters
There are never times where the characters feel like they're are in danger

You're trying too hard m8. Ease off a bit on the outrage if you want to be taken seriously.

*no danger

too obvious/10

Kylo Ren is a joke. I don't understand why people think he's supposed to be anything other than that at this point. Not only is he not that powerful, but he's also super insecure. He's threatened by that other First Order guy, he wants to be like Vader so bad, and he throws tantrums when he can't get his way. He isn't a Sith Lord. He's just a puppet and nothing more at this point. Rey on the other hand is an unknown variable and to be fair it wasn't like she just walked to the motherfucker and beat him. He was already injured from being shot by Chewie and was fucked up mentally for killing his dad.

I just think it's made out to be this way so he can grow as a bad guy where no one takes him seriously until we go "oh fuck".

Don't worry user, you'll forget you ever saw it in a day or two.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning/

>autism

So the villain is shit on purpose. How does that make the movie good?

>the movie is good because I have mommy issues
oh

>projecting

jesus christ you might wanna cut back on the tldr, even 4channers aren't that bored

last one kiddo

Delet, can't h8 on movie otherwise

well, you sound chummy.

>mommy issues
I know you're b8ing, but you're forcing shit a bit too much.

Hit too close to home, eh bud?

7 is literally the only good Star Wars movie

/thread

agreed, but none of those flaws were as bad as resetting all the consequences of the events of the original trilogy, placing all the characters exactly where they were in A New Hope (Leia is a rebel leader, han solo is a smuggler) for no other reason than that this is a fucking remake and you're too busy focusing on the plot of having to destroy another death star

(You) want this, don't (You)?

she's cool

bump

I wanna see OP back up his bullshit.

Reminder Rey is a Mary Sue.

No need to start a debate over it again.

You'll hear a lot of nerds come in here and defend Rey's slutty past on Jakku. They'll tell you “she had to do it" for food, water. resources, protection...

The truth, and this will be revealed in the next two films, is that Rey NEEDS cock. All sorts of cock: Ithorian cock, human cock, Zabrak cock. droid cock. prehensile Hutt cock. cock of all kinds. Rey needs them in her pussy and in her pink little asshole because she's depraved.
In her training with Luke on the magical island, we're going to hear all about what she did on Jakku. Glory holes, aliens runnin‘ trains on her by midnight fireside. Jawas probing her ass with metal instruments, even luggabeasts bustin' fat gallon-sized nuts on her pert little body.

She is a whore. Light side, dark side... Who cares? She's on the cock side. And that's why I love her.

Diamonds. There better be a baths bukkake scene

Consume something fatal as quickly as possible you shit eater

>He isn't a Sith Lord
No one said he was a Sith Lord. They even came out and said he wasn't.

She's so average, I don't understand how people find her attractive, she barely scratches the 6

And I'm being generous

>that accent
>average
spotted the faggot

Heres a basic outline for something original.
Galaxy is in crisis due to several criminal and alien factions attacking new republic worlds. First Order steps in and defends them.
They want to become part of empire
Republic fleets clash with New empire
Civil war on planets erupts. Movie starts out the same but they are purging village because they are republic loyalists. BB8 contains evidence Snoke was behind the scenes funding groups/manipulating events to cause different factions to arise/attack republic worlds.
One section of worlds still under attack are bread basket of the republic so an massive private corp is supplying core republic worlds with relief. Turns out Snoke has bribed the CEO and they were also smuggling in storm Troopers/weapons. End of movie massive Coup is staged on Coruscant. Snoke himself kills Leia by breaking her neck with the force inside the Senate with Luke viewing it from below. Her corpse is tossed to his feet he recovers it as his republic forces are overwhelmed by first order/repeublic turncoats.
Above Jakku or whatever else was going on Rey defeats Kylo on board super star destroyer. She recovers BB8 and broadcasts evidence on Holonet. Meanwhile Han Solo has and Chewie have sabotaged the flagship so everyone must ecacuate Many worlds are already firmly in Imperial hands so not much is to be done but there is a spark of anger that ignites another rebellion. Ren comes to Coruscant bloodied and bruised to see his master crowned as Emperor making a rousing speech about how he will unify and protect the galaxy. Everyone in the senate looks grim/scared shitless as Snoke doesnt really try to hide his power as part of the ceremoney he executes leaders of Republic military with lightning stating that he is a leader who does not hide like a coward and does what is necessary to restore order. Movie ends with Luke and Rey meeting as Republic/Rebel fleets meet up to plan next moves

I haven't taken them seriously for 4 yeara

>>>fanfiction.com

Daisyfags are literal cancer. You aren't even real star wars fans. Go back to www.reddit.com

rude

>the main villain is a fucking edgy teenager
>the #1 hero is a (((strong woman))) who mary sues it up
>giving stormtroopers faces

this..

They gave them a laser that destroys entire solar systems and the bad guys are still a fucking joke
>Darth School Shooter
>teenage Hitler cosplayer
>Captain Literallywho
>Darth Potato

>Killed

>The movie has no depth or nuance at all

Its actually the most complex and nuanced (though not BEST) star wars movie, people like you just refuse to actually engage with the material because you've already decided the movie had nothing to say

Star Wars now caters to teenaged girls. 'Nerd Culture' has become mainstream like video games, so now everything has to appeal to teenage girls who think, for example, being able to name half of the Fellowship of the a Ring, makes them 'TOTALLY NERDY XDD' along with their hipster glasses.

Just let Star Wars die and remember the good, not the dark times that have taken over

>let's raise the stakes
>I know how!, says t. screenwriter
>You know that deathstar watchimacallit?
>how about we make that
>but this time
>*collective holding of breath*
>IT'S TEN TIMES BIGGER
>*applause, floor shakes, ceiling collapses, George Lucas' long dead writing talent rises from the grave just weep a solitary tear and clap*

hey man im just like y'know upset with the lack of riginality in that movie. I bet they went like hey how duz we makes ze monies. These people are stupid we could give them something original but only some people would like it and it would be divisive, and scary to those idiot masses. Lets play this safe and just repackage the first star wars movie and give it a modern spin. Hell lets just fucken use the entire orginal trilogy as our outline for these movies and just say its like poettry like fucking lucas did. Those fucking idiots will eat it up because we wont change a damn thing baot their beloved OT and whats best we will be hailed as those who saved Star wars while using it as a vessel to market our social agenda. But more importantly we're gonna make a lot of money and we're gonna play it safe.

this desu senpai

all the character interactions seemed so forced, like with finn and poe sucking each other's dicks when they barely knew each other. finn and rey just getting along magically without a sense of conflict. people don't act like that.

>finn and rey just getting along magically without a sense of conflict. people don't act like that.
Maybe to you they don't due to your social autism.

DELETE THIS

Is that the best you have, JJ?

yep this is just shallow action without any of the relationship and details in the star wars universe, a lot of marvel quips and mary sue action for a sjw generation nothing else

oh no you don't. look at how un-naturally shiny and happy everyone is in the movie, it's like a hippie drum circle with the rebel characters.

this fuckin' thread again? word for word too.
you are a fuckin' loser, op.
here's your goddamn fucking (You), you shitfag.

P.S.- I agree that the movie is shit, though.

You tell me, reddit.

>un-naturally shiny
How is this an argument. Dialogue can't be "shiny". Did you take your first AP English class this year? Come talk to me when you get a masters in communications, fucking idiot chink.

you lost, so now you're feigning retardation. another victory for anti-TFA!

what do i need to back up? all the points are mentioned in the original post and no one has proved them wrong. i am objectively right.

the point is he shouldnt be made to be a joke. the villain is never meant to be a joke. a pathetic attempt at trying to bring in humour or to mock the dark side.

at the start you see him leave the ship and the troopers form a line to make way for him, this already sets the scene for him as an important and powerful villain, he then stops a fucking bullet without even looking at it. so he has all of this influence and power and they just suddenly decide to make him a joke halfway through? for what purpose? apart from the ones ive mentioned of course.

just stop

fucking THIS!

>another victory for anti-TFA
it's almost like you didn't read the thread

It was a good movie from a technical standpoint but it felt very stale and wasn't original.

so the debate is settled then? TFA is objectively dog shit, apart from the few plebs who have no taste. the prequels/OT are objectively superior to this awful piece of shite

>mfw I will never get this mad at other people for liking a star wars movie
feels good desu

its more the stupidity and ignorance of the TFA dicksquad which piss me off. youre actively defending a shitty action flick which is insulting to the franchise to even call it a star wars film.

>youre actively defending a shitty action flick which is insulting to the franchise to even call it a star wars film.
You could replace action with drama, and then say the same thing about the prequels.

The more I think about Star Wars 7, the more it pisses me off.

It undid literally everything accomplished in the originals.

> There is no longer balance to the force
> The empire has still not been defeated
> There is a new, even better death star so Luke and Lando accomplished nothing longterm
> Leia is not learning to be a Jedi
> Leia and Han are not together
> Han is back to being a somewhat sleazy smuggler
> Luke is still learning to be a Jedi
> The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless, because Anakin's redemption apparently accomplished nothing.
> It even undid little things like Luke losing his saber, which was somehow recovered from falling into an abyss

are you just going to hate on the prequels because of cgi? they were a product of their time, and are still million times better than TFA. they maintained all the characteristics and features of your typical star wars film whilst keeping it fresh and interesting. tfa was just a cash grab inserted with cheap elements of nostalgia due to lack of creativity.

go get a good taste in cinema you dunce. you dont know shite

Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?

How powerful is the New Order actually? They say it's the remnants of the Empire yet the Empire didn't have the means to build a Death Star the size of a planet.

What's the deal with the Republic? Who are they and why isn't Leia with them?

Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office.

Why did this movie make such a big deal out of the Republic being destroyed when we don't even know what the Republic actually was?

How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?

How could an untrained girl defeat a Sith disciple when she didn't know about the Force until 30 minutes ago and this was her first time using a lightsaber?

What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.

Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?

Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?

Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.

What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?

Is Luke really that indifferent to the galaxy that he's willing to let four planets blow up rather than intervene himself?

Why was the Millenium Falcon so conveniently placed there? Did someone forget to take the car keys?

Why does Snoke insist on looking like a Playstation character?

>are you just going to hate on the prequels because of cgi?
Where did I imply this? I like how defensive you get senpai.

>go get a good taste in cinema you dunce. you dont know shite
>coming from a guy who is defending the prequels
ayy

>Leia is not learning to be a Jedi
They fucked this one up by far.
Yes she senses Han die yet she never got trained beforehand when Luke said she would.

Did she forget to train?

Fucking JJ

Honestly, i liked the prequels better than TFA.
So many complaints that people had against the prequels were committed even worse in TFA, things like too much fan service, the galaxy being too small, and full of implausible coincidences, etc.
Even worse, there were more logistic problems than the prequels - sure the PT had stuff like midichlorians, but the entire concept of starkiller base is flawed. The added mass from absorbing a star would crush anybody on it's surface.
Also, the beam travels at the speed of light, supposedly, but that doesnt mean the light from that would reach other planets. Put simply, because these planets are all so far apart, the light from the destruction of the Hosnian system would take decades to travel to the other planets - you wouldnt see the destruction in the sky at the same time.
Also, it's weird because people seem to forget that starkiller base is more destructive in the charging phase than actually shooting the beam. The beam destroys, what, five planets at a time? But charging by absorbing an entire star would cause any planets in it's orbit to freeze, die and spin off in random directions, THAT's the part thats really destructive.
The prequels didnt really have many logic problems, and this is classic JJ - the new star trek was full of logic problems too - he just doesnt think through his plots.
ANOTHER THING - sure the prequels spent a lot of time in the senate, talking too much exposition, but the result of that is that by ROTS, you have a very solid understanding of the climate and stakes of the clone wars.
This new movie goes way too far in the other direction - without explaining anything, the movie has no weight. I dont care at all about the hosnian system, and starkiller base as a result feels like a parody of the death star.
The entire movie was like that - people never talk about anything, and when they do, it feels rushed and vague.

(1 of 2)

(2 of 2)
I think people have been memetically trained to think that certain things make a food movie. The OT worked because of x,y,z, prequels didnt work because of a,b,c. So now whats happened is JJ took x,y,z, recycled them, remixed them, and threw them back into a new movie. Everybody has been saying "Look! TFA has x,y,z, and NO a,b,c!! It MUST be a god movie!"
But people are forgetting that what REALLY made star wars good was d,e,f,g,h,i,j.... Etc. Things like heart, pacing, spiritualism, world building, internal logic.
In these ways, I think TFA is a failure. A tribute to the OT, and not it's own film. The Prequels were deeply flawed, but they were their own films, they brought new things to the table of the star wars universe. They created a wide, colorful world that i wanted to jump into and explore.
To be clear, I like all the star wars films a LOT. It's just I like TFA the least. I know few will agree with me, but I had to get this off my chest.

The plot raises many questions, some of them completely unnecessary.
The camera work is vastly different from the style of the originals and the prequels. There were far too many closeup shots, and each cut was so quick to move on that it couldn't linger in any one scene too long.
There was a 3rd Death Star, which again blew up due to a chain reaction and a small band of ships.Would they not have learned?
The worlds that were destroyed seemed inconsequential, as I don't even know what they were or what they were like. All I know is people blew up and the Republic is crippled. Sure, that's enough to know, but it didn't linger on those details very long, and therefore it was easily forgotten. The lack of "lingering" is a fatal flaw in this film. No scene or character is given much time for us to really take in what is happening.
The soundtrack was uninspiring. No Imperial March or Emperor's Throne Room.
Another Cantina scene for the sake of mirroring A New Hope.
Poe is the very first character we see, but after helping Finn escape, he serves no purpose or focus in the plot but to give camera perspective to the X-Wing squadron.
It wasn't a film that can stand alone by itself, which I expected based on Phantom Menace and A New Hope. It ends on a massive cliffhanger, way more than Empire Strikes Back did. So many questions.
So many characters! Did we need to see the First Order commander? Or Captain Phasma? Or Snoke? Good characters, sure, but I think the focus should have been Kylo Ren.
The narrative doesn't focus on Rey enough.
Finn was great, but too jivey for a military soldier from birth. He won't kill civilians, but he has no hesitation to gun down his brothers that he has spent his whole life with and represent everything he knows.
The whole movie wanted to pack so much in, but failed to create a memorable linear story like A New Hope, or Empire, or even Return of the Jedi. I enjoyed it, but ultimately it didn't feel like Star Wars, and wasn't told like Star Wars.

>hey both have zero fucking knowledge in using one
When Finn was already trained in melee combat and Rey showed skills in Jakku (Even tho it was never showed how she got the training)
This is why braindead people should never watch a movie

Lets talk about Rey. For reasons unexplained she has expert level fighting skills, ace piloting skills, and advance force skills. She has advanced engineering skills that are likely not learned from being a scavenger, such as what would stress a hyperdrive.
Add to this that every established character, Han; Chewy; and Leia, take a quick liking to her. Han even offers her a job on the Falcon she's so awesome.
She is the type of overpowered character a fan would write into Star Wars to be a proxy for themselves. It's a symptom of the lazy writing that Force Awakens displays quite often.

It was well established in the movies that it takes years of training to use a lightsabre effectively. It is canon that they are completely weightless, meaning if you have not trained with them and try to duel with them you will cut yourself in half.

Also, Rey beat a sith apprentice trained by Luke Skywalker and Snoke when she had never used a lightsabre before.

nice picture fuckstick
babbys first time on Sup Forums? get gone kid, before you embarrass yourself further.

The Phantom Menace is the best prequel, if not the 2nd best Star Wars after Empire. It's certainly better than TFA.

>Perfect blend of practical effects and CGI, whereas II and III are nothing but CGI and as a result look ugly as fuck
>All that imagination and creativity, from the different worlds and species to showing us the origins of different characters from the OT
>Darth Maul was actually menacing and wasn't comical or shoehorned in
>Final battle was hella epic, only matched by Anakin vs Obi-Wan and Vader vs Luke on Bespin
>Pod race = pure kino
>Jar Jar wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says and if you believe the "Jar Jar is a sith" theory then literally every little thing he does is planned out and requires rewatching to notice everything
>Literally 16 years in the making, meaning George put all of his heart and soul into it
>Filmed on actual film instead of digital, meaning it'll always look better than II or III even when converted to Blu-Ray/4k
>Began a brand new era of Star Wars, both IRL and in-universe

People only hate on TPM because it's the "cool" thing to do, but in reality AotC is much worse. Episode I gives us a classic Star Wars tale of a bunch of different characters coming together to help save the galaxy. Episode II was literally nothing but Padme and Anakin falling in love and build-up to Episode III.

Even back in 1999 people loved Episode I. The only reason it gets such hatred today is from angry Star Wars neckbeards who insist it ruined the series because it wasn't exactly like the original 3 (Yet they ironically praise TFA as being "better than the prequels" despite it literally being a shot-for-shot remake of Episode IV). The Phantom Menace felt fresh despite being a prequel, and if you can ignore the fanboyism it's a fucking great film that doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

>a picture for ants

this

Daisy has turned into a lard ass, ep8 is going to be even worse than ep7.

I love this movie

"Thick", user. The proper term is "thick".
Say it with me now. T-H-I-C-K, thick, thick, thick.

It was star wars. What did you expect? There are so many shitty movies these days. It is objectively shitty in a lot of ways and its originality wasn't surprising. Was the plot for the original groundbreaking? I was surprised that i enjoyed it. For JJ it was actually pretty good. They have separate movies coming out, like one about Boba Fett.

>lard ass
you may not like her, but that's not a lard ass, by any country's standards.

The Force Awakens is an above-averate movie in an age, where they force-feed us all of those sequel/reboots/reimaginings and they are usually shit.

So people liked it.

"Hey, it's not as terrible as the prequels and as all those Total Recall and Robocop and whatnot reboots. Let's go see it twice!"

Laaaaaard

I completely agree. It was nothing special. It was boring and predictable as fuck. A 5/10... maaaybe 6/10 movie right there.

I will definitely not gonna watch the sequels. With TFA the producers haved clearly shown that the new star wars movies will be carefully focus tested as fuck, generic hollywood blockbusters that only excist to help promote the star wars toy companies and their toys.

TFA is therefore NOT kino!

>averate
What does this mean?

bump

I wanna see OP back up his bullshit.

last bump for OP to redeem himself

Yes user, she's a Mary Sue.

I liked it. Had the Star Wars feel down really well. I hated that they pretty much copied A New Hope plot point by plot point but it felt fresh enough to not get boring. I didn't like the weird new Yoda lady alien thing though. It felt the most copied aspect that added nothing of any real importance, at least yet.

Looking forward to the next since JJ won't be behind it. He's just too careful and safe with his movies.

I don't know what to think of Rogue One. Too little info but considering it's YET AGAIN about the fucking Death Star I can plainly say I don't care at this point.